Kabinet / Kone question

• Good day everyone.

Question regarding Kabinet / Kone.

When Kemper Kone enabled and being sent to Monitor output, does Kone enabled option affects Main XLR output?

From what I hear, seems it does.

What would be solution and settings to use Kemper Kabinet with Kone option via Monitor output enabled and Main output with regular active speaker or FOH without Kone option at the same time?

Thanks and kind regards!

• Nope.

Kone/Kab/Imprints cannot/do not come out the main outputs.

You can send Main out to FOH and it will have the original Rig/profile sound.

The Monitor out can have the Imprints for a Kone/Kabinet if you want at the same time.

• Thanks a lot. It is clear now.

Remember back in the days enabling Kone option without having Cabinet and thinking what is that sound and story all about.

But I was almost 100% sure that it was main output being used.

Maybe because of that experience, when I enable / disable Kone option when using Main, sounds to me some sound differences in highs. Self suggestion I would say.

Anyway, thanks a lot for quick reply, this conclusion opens new opportunities.

• Last but not least. To avoid opening new topic.

Now I have two single output poweramps, Caliber and amp head with send / return loop, Kemper Kab and passive cab.

Any chance I could connect two poweramps anyhow? Unfortunately only one monitor output on rack, but still wondering if anyhow possible via main output with cab off?

Thx once again

• Thanks a lot.

There was bell ringing that I read that somewhere in manual, a sort of tip&trick long time ago.

Been reading today again, but didn't manage to find it at first glance.

Big thumb up everyone for fast responds and help.

Cheers!

• However, you should not use Monitor Stereo pairing MONITOR OUT and DIRECT OUT while driving a KEMPER Kone on one side and another unpowered 3rd party cabinet on the other side as it would apply the KEMPER Kone Mode to the DIRECT OUT as well. Monitor Stereo only makes sense, if you have got KEMPER Kabinets or other cabinets with KEMPER Kone chassis on both sides.

In your case you should keep Monitor Stereo off, drive the KEMPER Kabinet via the MONITOR OUT, ativate KEMPER Kone Mode and related settings as intended, and select Output Source "Master Left" for the MONITOR OUT. Then drive the 3rd party cabinet via the DIRECT OUT with Output Source "Master Right". You could link MONITOR OUTPUT plus DIRECT OUTPUT to MASTER VOLUME and adjust their output volumes to match.