Beta 8.7.15 - fix question

• Just seen this release:

We have published a new public beta 8.7.15 with one additional fix:

Audio

fixed: rare loss of sound during Slot change in Performance Mode

OS 8.7.15 works with the same Rig Manager revisions as earlier 8.7 revisions.

Last night at rehearsals my Kemper locked for the first time - I think I hit a couple of buttons at the same time on my remote and I lost all sound. I could change slots but no sound. I rebooted and resolved.

Burkhard - Does this sound like the same issue that this fix resolves? I know you are going to ask which version I'm on, but I don't have my KPA to hand, but just trying to decide if to upgrade to this Beta...

• I updated to the new Beta last night and it seems stable so I would go ahead and do it anyway.

The only issue I had was that updating via RM failed and locked my KPA which pretty much never happens to me. I rebooted and installed the u[date via USB and everything was absolutely fine. This might just be because my Mac Mini doesn’t have many IsB ports and I am connected to RM via an additional USB on the Apple Keyboard which wasn’t the case with my old iMac.

• I updated to the new Beta last night and it seems stable so I would go ahead and do it anyway.

The only issue I had was that updating via RM failed and locked my KPA which pretty much never happens to me. I rebooted and installed the u[date via USB and everything was absolutely fine. This might just be because my Mac Mini doesn’t have many IsB ports and I am connected to RM via an additional USB on the Apple Keyboard which wasn’t the case with my old iMac.

Yeah I typically am not too worried about Betas so agree I'll probably do it anyway.

Last nights lock up was very unusual, no error messages so if this is the same problem, just gives me a bit more confidence.

• V8guitar

This rare issue could happen, when another Slot within the same Performance got loaded.

What PROFILER model do you use?

Its the power rack.

Basically what happened is I thought I accidentally pressed 2 slots at the same time on the remote. Then I lost sound. It seemed like the KPA stopped recognizing any input as the tuner didn't work. Rebooted, all fine...

• Before chrismas I had a gig and this happens 3 times. Every time I had to reboot by a powercycle.

It also happens once at rehearsal. I installed the beta update. I hope it solves my problem!

• This is at least a similar phenomenon. I suggest, you check out OS 8.7.15.

If you are able to reproduce this scenario, let us urgently know.

Will do.

I have been running my current OS for a few months now and this was the first time so I doubt I can reproduce but I will let you know!

Strange, I also never had that problem and had it this time as well. All updated now via USB, so hopefully no failures at our gig tonight (which is a final one for my hair metal band :( ).....

• Strange, I also never had that problem and had it this time as well. All updated now via USB, so hopefully no failures at our gig tonight (which is a final one for my hair metal band :( ).....

Don't sweat it friend, Just cut your hair and start up a Punk Rock band. :S

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• This is at least a similar phenomenon. I suggest, you check out OS 8.7.15.

If you are able to reproduce this scenario, let us urgently know.

I upgraded but got a couple of issues at sound check:

1) Pitch pedal stopped working - Pedal was showing as working, effect was on etc but nothing. Rebooted, worked fine

2) During sound check, same issue as before. Sound just stopped. I checked my remote cable ( profiler end) and did seem a touch loose. Refitted it, rebooted and completed the gig.

I've never had issues before except when the remote did become disconnected and confused the KPA, resulting in no sound. Could this be the cause?

If that is the case, if the remote stops working that wouldn't be so bad but no sound is obviously a real issue!

• Not sure, what "Pitch Pedal stopped working - Pedal was showing as working" really means!?

I don't know of any condition, that the bar on page Pedal Links follows the expression pedal sweeps and the effect doesn't and after a restart it does.

If there is a hardware problem of expression pedal, TRS cable, Remote or Ethernet cable, this should be indicated by the bar not following your sweeps.

If you are using the effect Pedal Vinyl Stop, Pitch Pedal in toe position would obviously mute your sound. If there is defective hardware, this could perhaps trigger this situation. But the bar would reflect that being at maximum = toe position.

I'm connecting and disconnecting Remotes to up and running PROFILER units all the time and that doesn't cause anything like sound interruptions. The Remote is not in the signal chain but just acting as a remote control. However I could imagine, that a shortcut of some wires within the Ethernet cable could cause an issue of the PROFILER power supply. And if the electrical power suffers, who knows what that could cause.

Are you using the original cable?

• Pitch pedal - I use a Moog EP3 purely for whammy effects and I had it set up for heel 0, toe +12 i.e. up 1 octave. When I switched the KPA on, I got no pitch change at all. I checked the pedal configuration and it was all correct and I calibrated as well. when I say the pedal was working, I could see the calibration "bar" move with the pedal, hence assumed it was not a hardware issue. I rebooted and it just worked.

I assume therefore either a software issue or poor/intermittent connection. I would assume though that if I see the bar moving in line with the pedal but no effect a software issue? I'll monitor that one and see what happens.

It is not the original cable, but I've been using this cable for about 3 years with no issues. Because I had issues with my KPA port, I put a PoE ( TP link) in between. I only mentioned it because it doesn't seem to like hot swapping anyway ( if I forget to connect the remote at start up sometimes it won;t respond to just plugging it in and I have to restart - that has been the case for years) and I did notice some play in the connection.

I'll check all connections and do some more testing to see if I can reproduce it.

If it happens again, anything other than physical connections to check? It doesn't show an error. I can't remember if it totally stops responding TBH or if its just the sound....

• If the bar moves, the effect should also get triggered. Check, if the effect is really up and running in the Rig currently loaded.

Check, if there are other pedals or switches intervening. Is there another socket configured as Pedal Pitch and what is connected to it? Or is there a Morph Pedal with "MorphPedal to Pitch" activated? Or could it be that you are triggering Morphing via Rig Buttons and that is triggering "MorphPedal to Pitch"?

If you are not using the effect type Pedal Vinyl Stop but Pedal Pitch I don't see, how this could trigger loss of signal anyhow.

• If the bar moves, the effect should also get triggered. Check, if the effect is really up and running in the Rig currently loaded.

Check, if there are other pedals or switches intervening. Is there another socket configured as Pedal Pitch and what is connected to it? Or is there a Morph Pedal with "MorphPedal to Pitch" activated? Or could it be that you are triggering Morphing via Rig Buttons and that is triggering "MorphPedal to Pitch"?

If you are not using the effect type Pedal Vinyl Stop but Pedal Pitch I don't see, how this could trigger loss of signal anyhow.

Agreed, but the effect wasn't working. It was selected and on, and all parameters correct ( note I had changed nothing, purely switched it on). Checked all other sockets and all pedals set up correctly.

At this point I had full sound and no other issues. rebooted ( having changed nothing) and it was back.

I had 2 separate issues that night, this was the first, no sound during playing was the second.

The only reason I mentioned this is because:

1) I had just upgraded earlier in the day. I didn't check this function at the time of the upgrade. Just making you aware in case the upgrade produced a bug.

2) I also noticed the loose cable which might be a common factor here ( but I did see the bar moving...). It seems to be an issue between the remote and KPA but I have no true evidence as I can't yet repeat it consistently.

Just wanted you to have the full details.

• This latest release has been a nightmare for me, it’s really unstable. Loss of sound, also at times the amp drive just disappears . The only solution is a reboot.
    This is not ideal during a show.
    I have zero faith in using my Kemper now.

• This latest release has been a nightmare for me, it’s really unstable. Loss of sound, also at times the amp drive just disappears . The only solution is a reboot.
    This is not ideal during a show.
    I have zero faith in using my Kemper now.

Sounds as if you can reproduce the situation - we can't. Please open a support ticket here. We will send a questionaire and request a PROFILER backup reflecting the scenario. Thanks in advance for your help!