Can I profile a guitar recording I have on my daw?

• Is it possible to take a guitar audio recording from my daw and send it to my kemper profiler and profile it to obtain the exact sound?

• You can play into a DAW plugin and output it to Kemper to profile but why would you? There are thousands of choices of Kemper profiles that will give you better results than a plugin.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• No. you profile the amplifier itself not the audio or guitar. What you are describing is more likely to be Tone Matching rather than profiling.

As BayouTexan pointed out. It is possible to profile an am sim plugin like Amplitube. Neural DSP or Guitar Rig but in this case it is still the plugin itself you are profiling not the audio clip which is using the plugin.

• What you are describing is more likely to be Tone Matching

it reminds me this video.

Looks like he starts to profile a plugin to get a simile sound, but then he sends and audio track to the KPA when refining. So the KPA refines the profile closer to the reference audio track.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.