Saving my reverb setting...

• I'm having a difficult time trying to save my reverb settings. I keep trying to lock the setting, save the setting to no avail...it keeps reverting to a setting that I don't want. Please explain what I am doing wrong....thanks.

• In Rig Manager, you simply highlight the stomp or effect you want to lock and then click on the "lock" icon. Whenever, you load a profile, that locked effect will be on it until you unlock and/or delete it. You can also drag the stomp or effect into the All Presets folder in RM to save those settings and recall them again when you right-click on the stomp/effect.

On the Profiler, you simply "long press" the stomp or effect until it's shown in the display and then press the white "Lock" button next to the ON/OFF. COPY, and PASTE buttons.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• So I am beyond frustrated.....no matter what I do, the effects continue to revert to an old setting. I have followed your directions 5 times, and hit the lock button for each effect. All good until I power the unit off. When I power it back on, the old settings are still there.....????

Now I am doing all of this to an existing profile while in the performance mode. Does that make a difference? This is really bugging me.....

• What profiler OS version are you running and what RM version?

I know that if I lock a stomp or effect then it is there on every profiler whether I save it or not. You should be able to lock one (or all of them) and browse to the Kemper Rig Packs or the Rig Exchange folders and see your effect locked on any of those.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• You might be mixing locking and storing!? Basic understanding of Browser Mode and Performance Mode, Rig and signal chain, effect modules .... seems to be missing. Please consider reading a manual.

• Consider making a short video of what happens. It actually should be hard to have the settings change over a reboot.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• So I am beyond frustrated.....no matter what I do, the effects continue to revert to an old setting. I have followed your directions 5 times, and hit the lock button for each effect. All good until I power the unit off. When I power it back on, the old settings are still there.....????

Now I am doing all of this to an existing profile while in the performance mode. Does that make a difference? This is really bugging me.....

sound like you need to save your performance

• So last nite I adjusted all of the effects settings to my liking....hit the store button 3 times. Today...right back to the old settings. I am using the software version 8.7.10. RM is version 3.3.49.

• when you click the store button while an effect edit page is in focus you are presented with the choice to either store the entire rig or create a new effect preset. If you want to store the new settings in the rig you have to choose that option otherwise you will add another preset to the list of effect presets.

• when you click the store button while an effect edit page is in focus you are presented with the choice to either store the entire rig or create a new effect preset. If you want to store the new settings in the rig you have to choose that option otherwise you will add another preset to the list of effect presets.

I don't save when the effect screen is on. I store when the performance page is showing...

• Maybe explain in a bit more detail what you're trying to do.

For example, are you trying to edit an effect in the performance or are you editing in Browse mode thinking they would update in performances (they do not). Are you using Rig Manager or just the Kemper buttons? When you say you hit the Save button 3 times that sounds like Kemper buttons. If you're trying to save effects for use in other rigs, you should be saving then as presets in Rig Manager, or just saving the effect as some name in the Kemper.

• I am editing an effect using either RM or on the Kemper Stage itself. I am in the performance mode. I am just trying to change the parameters of the effects I am using and storing them.....

• A video of your process would be good. Your issue is one I’ve never heard of, and I’d guess it’s the same for most others.

We want to help, but this is like asking a dentist why your tooth hurts……over email.

It doesn’t work.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Hmmmm...it seems like a simple issue. I'm just trying to edit some of the effects in my signal chain...reverb, delay, OD....I was under the impression from reading the manual that when you changed levels, etc. using either the RM or the Stage panel, that those changes are automatically saved.

Use the STORE button, on the left side of the display, to save any changes you have made to a module, Rig, Slot,
    preset, or Performance. Store allows you to save changes to the permanent memory.

Last sentence is directly from the manual. So when I change say the reverb mix level on the panel of the Kemper Stage, is it not supposed to store that new level? Even after tapping the Store button?

• Yes, it should be that simple.

When you say it's not saving, you do realize you're only saving it for that one Performance that you're on when you save, right? It sounds like you must be changing to a different performance and then returning to the one you saved. And that's when you see that it had not saved your changes?

Maybe try it with Rig Manager connected and then again with Rig Manger not connected (unplug the USB), just to see if maybe that's part of it.

Or if not this, then what steps are you taking?