Losing input signal and volume intermittenly

• I'm preparing for a show today and my kemper just cut out. I was in performance mode and switching performances when it happened. I downloaded OS v8.7.15.42312B a few days ago in hopes of solving this problem since i previously had it happen twice during a show. It looks like it's going to happen again for tonight's show. Only cycling power restores my input signal. Damn. It was Rock solid until a few months ago. I can't have this be unreliable for upcoming shows

i use the non powered rack unit with remote.

• Can you further describe the circumstances triggering the issue?

Performance Mode?

Performance Load or Slot Load within same Performance?

While loading a Slot for the first time or while returning to a Slot that had been loaded before?

Any particular Slot e.g. Slot 3?

What is the status of the INPUT LED? Off, constant color, which color?

How do you switch Slots e.g. via Remote?

Can you still change tempo by hitting the TAP button and does the TAP LED reflect the new tempo?

Please also open support tickets here to further investigate the issue.

• I was using the monitor output connected to an external power amp and 212 cabinet. Guitar was connected to the front input jack. I typically disable the rear input jack. I was in performance mode and switching between slots within the same performance when it happened. If i remember right, i had copied and pasted a new rig in an empty slot and i was switching back and forth between slots for comparison with an already existing rig slot. I want to say slots 1 and 4 but I'm not positive. The input LED was OFF. even after switching modes (tuner, browser, and back to performance). The tuner did not detect any signal.

All the switching was done by remote.. i didn't try the tap button but I will if it happens again. Input only came back after cycling power

I currently have a upport ticket open

• The official version 8.7.15.42312 claims to have fixed this issue. I had the same problem with the 8.7.15.42312B beta version.

Can't say it it was fixed but I hope so. Last time it happenned after 2 hours of playing.

• Same here! Very annoying! Is going back to the previous version the way to go? Btw I'm on the latest (non beta) version. Going back to the previous one now and see if that helps.

Edited once, last by Lio ().

• OS 8.7.10 is available at the KEMPER download page and should avoid that issue. We have not received any specific reports related to OS 8.7.10 and there were many installations.

However, if you don't have critical applications and are able to reproduce the issue in OS 8.7.15 we would be very thankful for information and data. It would be nice, if you could create a PROFILER backup with your USB flash drive reflecting the error state, open a support ticket, and send that backup together with information what exactly triggered the issue.

To be clear: This is specifically about a loss of input signal, which happens when returning to a Slot which had been loaded before within the same Performance. There might be a variation of this issue, where the sound isn't completely lost but "muffled". Tempo can still be changed via TAP button and the blinking of the TAP LED follows. User interface is completely functional. Only way to recover normal sound is a restart. If your scenario differs it must be treated seperately.

I would also be interesed to know, if anybody experienced the loss of sound with a Performance stored with the current OS:

• Hi,

I have the same problem with the latest operating system 8.7.15.42312.

The guitar stopped playing, there was no input signal and no output signal. The only solution was to reboot. The problem is that it doesn't always happen and when it did it was after two hours in a rehearsal. What I remember is that in a song preset I changed from 2 to 1. I don't remember how the Tap was.

• Since we are not able to reproduce the issue, we are asking for the help of users who have experienced the loss of input signal while changing Slots in Performance Mode: Please try to provoke the issue again using this special attached test OS.

Instead of loosing the input signal either the INPUT LED might show a permanent red color (until the unit gets restarted) or a warning might get displayed "Something went wrong....". In one of these cases or both please open a support ticket here, if not done already, and report the event. We will respond with instructions how to create a diagnostics file, which our engineering department requires for further analysis.

Please don't use this test OS for production work! If you experienced the issue before, we recommend OS 8.7.10 for critical applications for the time being, although given the amount of installations the issue is very rare.

• I'm also now having this issue; it began a few days ago. Last update was several weeks before this issue began. I'll be playing in Performance mode, switching between rigs within a single Performance, and upon switching the input will just completely drop out. It's happened across at least two different performances. The only thing that fixes it is a reboot. No error messages, red LEDs or any other indication that anything has gone wrong. Just absolutely no input signal. Tap tempo still seems to work, though I never use it.

Kemper Stage

OS is 8.7.15.42312

Any other information needed?

Fancy gear doesn't make me a better guitar player, but it does make me happy. :)

Edited once, last by boxstop7 ().

• Downloading now. Are you able to share what might be causing this issue and what 8.7.17 fixed? I'm just curious. Thanks!

Edit: Fully updated to 8.7.17 beta. I'll report back if there are any issues.

Fancy gear doesn't make me a better guitar player, but it does make me happy. :)

Edited once, last by boxstop7 ().