Kemper Profiler Question

• I have a stage so didn't know precisely the remote but i thought that you had one guitar input in the remote.

It's not the case, i'm a little estonished it could have been a better choice.... I assume that's because Ethernet cable just send midi informations but i don't find that convenient....

• I have a stage so didn't know precisely the remote but i thought that you had one guitar input in the remote.

It's not the case, i'm a little estonished it could have been a better choice.... I assume that's because Ethernet cable just send midi informations but i don't find that convenient....

Yes, the remote doesn’t have an A/D converters in it so can’t send audio down the ethernet.

Fortunately we all have different need and -references so there is room for both the Head/Rack plus Remote and Stage formats. I know loads of people like the Stage but for me I want only my foot controller and a single cable at the front of the stage. I don’t want my guitar plugged in to something in front of me (like a pedal board or the stage) as I find the cable gets in the way. I also don’t want power and multiple audio cables running around my feet at the front of the stage. Therefore, I see the Remote rigs as the ultimate form factor rather than an oversight or something with shortcomings. The Stage is something I would only buy if need to cut cost.

I fully understand this is personal opion. All I am saying is different rigs for different folks and Kemper seem to have done a great job of judging the market for each.

• At the beginning, i was thinking you need two cables one to control the profiler, the other, one 1/4" jack from your guitar to the profiler.

But you're right, i know for gigs, i have a shure GLXD16, then i have a lot of cable and need multiple power supply....

With your configuration, you kcan hide all those stuffs at the back of stage....:thumbup:8)

On the other side, i like the All-in-one format....

• Can I use a Crybaby Wah after the remote. If so how? Or do I need a expression pedal.. KJ

You'll need an expression pedal.

The Profiler has a really good Wah effect with a lot of presets available as starting points.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• The EtherCon connector doesn't need more strain relief.

If you're using a cable that doesn't use the EtherCon connector, which is a housing over an RJ45 plug you can purchase, then I'm with Burkhard. Use a cable tie and something like one of these. Found at most any hardware/home improvement stores or even the hardware sections of WalMart etc.

cable_mount_black_1.jpeg

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche