Digital Connection to Interface?

• To connect the Kemper to my UFX II RME recording interface digitally, I understand I need two 110 Ohm 2 metre cables, Spdif to AES XLR male and Spdif to XLR female for in and out.

I believe both in and out cables are necessary, for the two devices to fully sync correctly with the interface. Please educate me if I am incorrect, or if there is a more optimal method of direct connection between the two devices.

Custom Lynx 110 Ohm AES/EBU Female XLR to RCA Phono Cable – Custom Lynx (custom-lynx.co.uk)

Custom Lynx 110 Ohm AES/EBU Male XLR to RCA Phono Cable – Custom Lynx (custom-lynx.co.uk)

The cables above are what I am thinking of getting. will they be ok?

Many Thanks! :)

• If you connect Kemper SPDIF in/out to the Interfaces ADAT in/out are you still limited to just 2 channels instead of 8 channels? I'm just curious about it but I assume SPDIF will always lessen it to 2 channels.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Many thanks for your helpful thoughts and comments.

In regard to my question at the bottom of post 1, I wonder whether someone from Kemper could confirm the type of cable linked above are correct for the purpose of recording from the Kemper digitally?

I was informed that “best practise” is to use a digital convertor, but that scenario was not needed in many cases. I respect the source the information came from and usually try to follow “best practice” but am hoping this is one such case. That using these cables is ok for the stated purpose?

• The cables you linked are the right ones.

I own and use the RME UFX+ and that's exactly how I have (digitally) connected one of my Profilers.

PS: And I almost forgot to mention that in my studio in Kathmandu, we use the RME UFX II and Profiler exactly the same way as well. So I have basically double proof that it's correct, haha.

• Quote: “The cables you linked are the right ones. I own and use the RME UFX+ and that's exactly how I have (digitally) connected one of my Profilers.

PS: And I almost forgot to mention that in my studio in Kathmandu, we use the RME UFX II and Profiler exactly the same way as well. So I have basically double proof that it's correct, haha.”

Thank you so much for the confirmation.

I know it will probably seem a redundant question to many, but I prefer to ask people that are experienced with the kit than to make assumptions.

Assumption is the mother of all mess ups I understand!

The cables should be here tomorrow.

Thanks again!