Linux Collaboration

• Decoder stuff pushed. Next is to accept plain SysEx, add transport, and transmit. I'll refactor packets.h into logical SysEx packets as part of that process.

It's not 100% stable yet, as I need to sort out how I want to do sync vs async packets.

so this c module can later on be used to send in plain sysex and it communicates via usb to the kemper (as if you used rig manager)?

the usb commands would be the really interesting thing (use them instead of midi maybe) i have to try the install

• so this c module can later on be used to send in plain sysex and it communicates via usb to the kemper (as if you used rig manager)?

the usb commands would be the really interesting thing (use them instead of midi maybe) i have to try the install

Yes that would be one outcome.

These are the use cases I have on my radar:
    1. Multi-platform (Linux/Mac/Windows)
    2. Rust - requires upstream PR to usbr to support async / faster to mock up in C++
    3. Use as generic MIDI device with host
    4. Basic Android app (field support - backup/restore)

• Please Kemper, give technical details for this project!

This is not Kemper related. My tryouts are to make midi controller for the kemper in the browser:

You can try it out and give feedback(it uses midi )!

Details are here: https://github.com/schoko11/KEKO-WEB

What is needed ?

1.) a new chrome browser

2.) a working midi connection to the kemper

(for now browse mode only)

It is not needed to use the github link, it should work by just copying the files to your android phone linux machine, etc... (Yes i am aware they are making an Android App, I started this long ago before knowing it...) -> This is a design draft with errors, i will try my best to fix the errors...

The other project(from jwinarske) mentioned here would use usb communication (and the first steps would be to get the usb packets).