• This mellow tune started as a chord progression practice to keep my trigger finger from locking. I liked the sound of the C to A noodle so I decided to mix it. A solo covers half the song and was done with dgburns Wht Marshall profile he graciously posted for us. I'm at 4yrs and 3 months in guitar so I cannot do his profile proper justice, but what I can do so far is glorious to my ears! I would love to hear others use it.

I concentrated on bringing the bass track more forward and getting some of the "wetness" out of the drum track as you all have suggested in previous threads. I'm not particularly happy with the heavy rhythm tone and gave up after reamping it a couple of times. First time I used this much reverb on a mix too.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• This mellow tune started as a chord progression practice to keep my trigger finger from locking. I liked the sound of the C to A noodle so I decided to mix it. A solo covers half the song and was done with dgburns Wht Marshall profile he graciously posted for us. I'm at 4yrs and 3 months in guitar so I cannot do his profile proper justice, but what I can do so far is glorious to my ears! I would love to hear others use it.

I concentrated on bringing the bass track more forward and getting some of the "wetness" out of the drum track as you all have suggested in previous threads. I'm not particularly happy with the heavy rhythm tone and gave up after reamping it a couple of times. First time I used this much reverb on a mix too.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The guitar tones are great and i like the amount of reverb you've used, as you know i'm a big fan of ambience. The only minor comment i'd make is that there are lots of opportunities in the track to highlight the guitar accents with the drums, this would make it sound a bit more dynamic in places. Other than that it sound great.

• Really great progress! Cool song too, has a strong Cure vibe.

Verb works well for me on the guitar.

The bass is still very far back for me, balance it against the kick rather than against the guitar and push those mids up!

• Really great progress! Cool song too, has a strong Cure vibe.

Verb works well for me on the guitar.

The bass is still very far back for me, balance it against the kick rather than against the guitar and push those mids up!

Thanks Per! I was afraid if I brought the bass too forward it would wash over the clean riff because I was getting close to doing that. I had put a volume envelope on bass where it's up +5db on only the 3 rhythm parts and down to 0db on clean. Maybe I need to mute all guitar tracks and render the bass and drums alone first for next time???

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Yes that might work well for you. For me once I've tracked I like to bring all the faders down, set drums to unity, bring up the bass till it sounds kinda like what I think of when I hear band with drums and bass levels, for that I often kill the lower bass frequencies so I'm just listening to the mids portion, comparing my bass to the kick drum for punch. Then bring the rest up and rather than change the bass level again I'll adjust the amount of lower frequencies in the bass (remember earlier I cut them) till it sits with the guitars right.

Don't get too worried about bass overtaking guitar. You're a long way from that happening here.

• Hey BT,

I hear great development here. The reverb is really nice here and to my ears you have chosen a cool way of using it more on some instrument than on others.

My only comment is that you could have pushed the drums up a bit in the mix and you might work a bit on the low end here to make it a bit more focused.

Cheers,

Mats N

• Thanks Mats_Nermark ! Already working on improvements for the next one.

Yeah, improving is what's driving me to the next tune. And the next and the next ......

It can be very frustrating but all of a sudden something clicks and I realize I've learned something and it's a great feeling.

Cheers,

Mats N