After the new update, everything is bassier and the SPDIF signal distorts!

• Here is the recent Changelog regarding SPDIF:

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Here is the recent Changelog regarding SPDIF:

Code
    changed: S/PDIF OUTPUT not impacted by Main Output EQ anymore

Why should this be a good thing? I thought that must be a bug....

This makes this unit absolut useless for me. Screw all the people that are using a SPDIF interface?

I returned my quad cortex (because of several reasons) and kept the kemper, now I feel quite dumb and immediately will be setting my kemper for sale....

• Why should this be a good thing? I thought that must be a bug....

This makes this unit absolut useless for me. Screw all the people that are using a SPDIF interface?

I returned my quad cortex (because of several reasons) and kept the kemper, now I feel quite dumb and immediately will be setting my kemper for sale....

I'm not saying it is good or bad. There are threads about the SPDIF and changes. Look here...

8.7.12 Public Beta S/PDIF volume drop

Any way to lower the SPDIF git signal volume?

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

Can you explain, why you need an output eq while using an S/PDIF interface?

Are you using a DAW? If your receiving device has an sound issue, why can't you solve it there?

• Can you explain, why you need an output eq while using an S/PDIF interface?

Are you using a DAW? If your receiving device has an sound issue, why can't you solve it there?

I'm in contact with the Kempersupport and I explained my reasons for my complaining there.

To cut this short: I'm using S/PDIF for getting the signal out of my Kemper. I use global EQ for sound changing-reasons, the same way you would use it for the Monitor-out or the Main Outs. And I don't understand why this possibility is taken from me after all these years.

If anybody is more interested in details, I can gladly post everything after a little talk with the support. It feels weird to have this conversation simultaneously here in english and via Email in german =D

I don't get why not being able to eq the SP/DiF would make you need to sell it. Just use the analog outs like thousands of pro users have successfully, You're ears won't be able to tell the difference.

• I don't get why not being able to eq the SP/DiF would make you need to sell it. Just use the analog outs like thousands of pro users have successfully, You're ears won't be able to tell the difference.

In my case, our band's audio interface doesn't have any more analog inputs and it's been working great, thus far, for me to be using the S/PDIF (for a Git Studio and Master Mono tracking).

• > changed: S/PDIF OUTPUT not impacted by Main Output EQ anymore

Honestly, I also don't understand why that would be a good thing.

Because you want to send a different signal from SPDIF than Main Outs and don’t want the signal from SPDIF to be altered in the same way as main outs. The same reason the Main Out and Monitor Out don’t have a joint EQ. It seems perfectly logical to me.

• I don't get why not being able to eq the SP/DiF would make you need to sell it. Just use the analog outs like thousands of pro users have successfully, You're ears won't be able to tell the difference.

Because using Kemper completely via S/PDIF and not blocking 2 analog inputs of my interface was one of the main points for keeping it.

It makes my workflow 10 times easier, my working space cleaner and it just makes way more sense to stay digital.

My talk with the support in short:

- Other users didn't like that global EQ is influencing S/PDIF signal

- I wanted to keep the possibility to use a global EQ on S/PDIF (like we could do all the years)

- Kemper has no plans for changing it back (or giving at least the possibility to use a global EQ on S/PDIF? Pretty please???)

Yesterday I was told that I'm the only one who is bothered by this, but I'm glad to see there are more people here that think this change wasn't good.

(bonus points to the support: I got an older OS version from the support, that means I can keep my workflow until I moved on, thanks!)

• Because you want to send a different signal from SPDIF than Main Outs and don’t want the signal from SPDIF to be altered in the same way as main outs. The same reason the Main Out and Monitor Out don’t have a joint EQ. It seems perfectly logical to me.

"Because you want to send a different signal from SPDIF than Main Outs and don’t want the signal from SPDIF"

No, I don't.

It would be nice to have a choice whether the main EQ is applied to SPDIF or not.

• Because you want to send a different signal from SPDIF than Main Outs and don’t want the signal from SPDIF to be altered in the same way as main outs. The same reason the Main Out and Monitor Out don’t have a joint EQ. It seems perfectly logical to me.

100% Agree. Same reason you don't track with Reverb or Comp: can't change it back if it doesn't work in the mix and you need to track it again or reamp. Live you need to EQ in order to adjust for the venue, recording yo want to have as much room as possible for mixing and mastering.

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• 100% Agree. Same reason you don't track with Reverb or Comp: can't change it back if it doesn't work in the mix and you need to track it again or reamp. Live you need to EQ in order to adjust for the venue, recording yo want to have as much room as possible for mixing and mastering.

I do understand this view, but
    people like me - that are only sitting at home and do not play live with venue-adjusted global EQ while simultaneously record unaltered S/PDIF -seemed to like it.

The perfect compromise would be:

It would be nice to have a choice whether the main EQ is applied to SPDIF or not.

I already mentioned that....so maybe we just need another 2000 users? ;D

But I'll stay out of the discussion from now on. Everything is already said.