Look how awesome Kemper users are.

• Thanks brother...maybe i will revisit a kemper someday but for now i think its for the best i just walk on.

Rock on dude! \m/

I think before spending all that money, and time you could’ve asked somebody on the forum here to maybe do a zoom type call with you and maybe they could have seen what your issue was. Because this is definitely either an issue with your , not thee Kemper, the hardware you’re plugging it into or an issue with your understanding of it. Before I even purchased the Kemper, I went through every video tutorial. After I got it, it still took a few weeks for me to understand it. I have a room full of tube amps and vintage tube amps. The kemper nails the sound of a mic’d up amp, and the Kemper Kone sounds great too. FOH engineers love them, and if you have to play with IEM’s nothing beats it.

• That's a crazy ordeal to have to go through. I'm still fairly new to the Kemper but thankfully transferring from the Helix to the powered toaster has been awesome. Especially the high gain stuff. I wonder if it's worth it to throw one more wad of cash at it and send it in to get inspected. On the chance that there is something off internally that's fixable. Just knowing that it's capable of sounding awesome I'd hate to think about taking the loss financially and giving up on the Kemper. Either way good luck with whatever path you choose.

Awesome! Super happy you are having fun with yours its crazy because ive heard so many awesome results with it and i really want it to work...its a tough call to throw more money at it at this stage to send it to Kemper...i will try other kempers though and see whats happening fingers crossed its just a faulty unit at least i will know then what the next step will be. 🤞🤞

• I think you've bought a piece of gear that has a fault and have done everything but send it back for repair. It's been really tough to watch.

Did you buy your unit used or new?

Yeah buddy its been super tough living it.

Yeah purchased it brand new. I think sending it to Germany would be a last resort as the plan was to realy eliminate every possible scenario first. I would just die if i spent all that money sending it and getting maintanance on it just to find out there was nothing wrong with it and i should try something else.

• I think before spending all that money, and time you could’ve asked somebody on the forum here to maybe do a zoom type call with you and maybe they could have seen what your issue was. Because this is definitely either an issue with your , not thee Kemper, the hardware you’re plugging it into or an issue with your understanding of it. Before I even purchased the Kemper, I went through every video tutorial. After I got it, it still took a few weeks for me to understand it. I have a room full of tube amps and vintage tube amps. The kemper nails the sound of a mic’d up amp, and the Kemper Kone sounds great too. FOH engineers love them, and if you have to play with IEM’s nothing beats it.

Yeah i dont doubt for a second they are insanely good which kicks me harder in the nuts when i see everyone getting incredible results and i cant get mine to sound that badass lol im just realy struggling with mine.

when i get home tonight after work i will record a few samples and post full photos of my full chain maybe someone might pick up on something i missed. 🤞🤞

• I'm surprised that listening to other clips and touring pros never convinced you that the unit can sound great. I don't think you should cement your opinion until you try another Kemper. Then you'll kick yourself for not sending the unit back. 😉

• I'm surprised that listening to other clips and touring pros never convinced you that the unit can sound great. I don't think you should cement your opinion until you try another Kemper. Then you'll kick yourself for not sending the unit back. 😉

It convinced me something was wrong with mine lol i will certainly try another kemper and if it sounds amazing (using my profiles)i will know for certain mine is either faulty in which case i will go through the process of sending it to Kemper to be fixed OR maybe my setup is the cause and can be explained to me how to fix it...either way i will get some more advice which is a good thing right? :) 🤞🤞

• That's the only way to do it that makes sense, but I know once you're in a spiral like that, you're always willing to try something extra instead of doing the simplest countercheck, sort of human.

The Kemper should at least always sound acceptable with your equipment, regardless of whether you might prefer a Neural FM9 for example, the Kemper would never be bad. Otherwise, Knopfler would hardly have done a world tour with it. Something is wrong with your system.

Please let us hear some "bad" examples.

• It convinced me something was wrong with mine lol i will certainly try another kemper and if it sounds amazing (using my profiles)i will know for certain mine is either faulty in which case i will go through the process of sending it to Kemper to be fixed OR maybe my setup is the cause and can be explained to me how to fix it...either way i will get some more advice which is a good thing right? :) 🤞🤞

Maybe I'm missing something, but It seems easy for you to confirm or rule out that your Kemper is faulty by a very simple process right here in the forum :
    - Post a DI sample along with a reamped version of the same sample, and state the exact free high gain profile you're using

- Some member here can reamp your DI sample with the same exact profile on their own Kemper and post the reamped result

- Compare and there's your definitive answer :)

• Another option would be to:

1. find a forum user with similar taste in music, User X

2. get them to send you a full backup of their kemper (minus any profiles)

3. make a backup of your own kemper

4. load up User X's backup, and load your profiles, and see if it makes a difference

5 - You could also send them a full backup of your kemper (with profiles that you want checked) to compare

I know what it's like to spend a lot of money on something and have it not perform as expected. Hopefully you'll find your ideal solution, one way or another.

• It's taken me 2 years to finally come within distance of nirvana with the Kemper. However, since I only have 4 years of experience with guitar and tube amps the first of those 2 years, then I might actually be ahead considering how many years of tone chasing many go through. Kemper was the best thing I ever bought in my "music life". To be able to play amps I could never obtain or afford to get is priceless for me. But I am not going to be negative if it does not work for someone else. It's all about the tone and what makes you happy so I hope you find both.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Hey guys!

Sad to say i will be selling my kemper and moving onto other things. Since day one (a few years) ive had nothing but an absolute nightmare of a time with my kemper everything i tried and purchased along the way and it was ALOT to the point of spending MORE than the actual kemper 3-4 times more to try an enjoy my unit just always ended up in dissapointment. It got to the point where i would just be seriously depressed and frustrated and didnt even want to write or record anything or even turn it on anymore.

I don't have such bad experience. But I never got the sound on powered monitors as I expected. I even tried very expensive Neumanns KH120A. It didn't help much. I ordered Kemper Kabinet (plus I bought suggested TC Electronic BAM power amp) - I returned both. To experience Kemper's glory I think you'd need to connect it to regular guitar cabinet. I'm not selling Kemper, maybe someday I can use it in different scenario than earlier.

But since 2 years I play daily Yamaha TRH30II. This this has cleans, that I even didn't get on Kemper. Plus many advantages over Kemper. I'm not saying Kemper is bad. Just THR30II is best for my application. Mainly because I play it as often as I can. And it tremendously improved my skills.

• I don't have such bad experience. But I never got the sound on powered monitors as I expected. I even tried very expensive Neumanns KH120A. It didn't help much. I ordered Kemper Kabinet (plus I bought suggested TC Electronic BAM power amp) - I returned both. To experience Kemper's glory I think you'd need to connect it to regular guitar cabinet. I'm not selling Kemper, maybe someday I can use it in different scenario than earlier.

But since 2 years I play daily Yamaha TRH30II. This this has cleans, that I even didn't get on Kemper. Plus many advantages over Kemper. I'm not saying Kemper is bad. Just THR30II is best for my application. Mainly because I play it as often as I can. And it tremendously improved my skills.

So it could be because im playing it direct through my monitors? Ive never heard anyone offer that as a possibility.

Interesting. 🤔

• So it could be because im playing it direct through my monitors? Ive never heard anyone offer that as a possibility.

Interesting. 🤔

I don't know what doesn't work for you, I gave you my experience. Now when I want to play, I power on THR and play. And don't care about profiles, EQ, cables, FRFR powered speakers, impulse responses, better pickups, premium guitars. I just play, because it's so easy and fun with THR

• I'm sure someone has said it on here..Something is obviously wrong. I am an amp and tone snob (..at least I think I am lol..) Owned every Boogie, Bogner, Diezel,etc...as well as Axe FX and Line 6..Still have the Boogie MKIV half stack that my other guitar player uses and I go thru my K Powerhead through a V30 Cab. Absolutley gloriously crushing..plenty loud, full, rich and organic sounding (..using a rofile of my Boogie that I did myself..) It literally shocks us how good it sounds everytime we plug in to it. I got rid of my Axe Fx gear (..sounded KILLER, but the interface on the fly was challenging) as well as my Helix becasue it took a lot of EQ tweeking for recording direct....The Kemper i just plug in and go..NO tweeking, sounds and feels so inspiring... I'm sharing this because I was so skeptical of the Kemper, and it has outlasted all but one of my amps and modellers...If it doesn't sound and feel incredible (..again, depends on the profiles and some other factors, ) something is wrong. Good luck man...sorry for the bad experience.

• I fired up Neural Dsp's Gojira plugin and it just kicked butt!

Im still considering going into a guitar store to test another kemper.

Imagine i test out another unit and it sounds incredible! I would literally cry lol.

I took Neural's SLO 100 plugin for a test drive. Jeepers, it sounds so good. I'm going to buy it for my laptop when I travel and can't take my Kemper.

The GC thing is a good idea. If your Kemper does have an issue a side by side comparison will bear that out it. If they both sound the same with the same profiles (very important) then it's unlikely they both have the same issue. Then it could be the profiles. Or maybe your ears just don't jive with the Kemper. It happens.

Let's assume your Kemper has an issue. That being the case, how do you plan to get someone to buy it as is? But then again I traded for my Kemper without trying it out or ever even having heard one in person so there ya go. Good luck in your sonic journey wherever it takes you.

• I'm sure someone has said it on here..Something is obviously wrong. I am an amp and tone snob (..at least I think I am lol..) Owned every Boogie, Bogner, Diezel,etc...as well as Axe FX and Line 6..Still have the Boogie MKIV half stack that my other guitar player uses and I go thru my K Powerhead through a V30 Cab. Absolutley gloriously crushing..plenty loud, full, rich and organic sounding (..using a rofile of my Boogie that I did myself..) It literally shocks us how good it sounds everytime we plug in to it. I got rid of my Axe Fx gear (..sounded KILLER, but the interface on the fly was challenging) as well as my Helix becasue it took a lot of EQ tweeking for recording direct....The Kemper i just plug in and go..NO tweeking, sounds and feels so inspiring... I'm sharing this because I was so skeptical of the Kemper, and it has outlasted all but one of my amps and modellers...If it doesn't sound and feel incredible (..again, depends on the profiles and some other factors, ) something is wrong. Good luck man...sorry for the bad experience.

But you are playing powered Kemper through real guitar cabinet?

Then try connecting it to studio monitors and share the experience.

• But you are playing powered Kemper through real guitar cabinet?

Then try connecting it to studio monitors and share the experience.

I could not use just a powered monitor as my main rig, but as a monitor, no problem, thru the mains- crushing. But yeah, for me, gotta have a guitar cab pushing air. I could never do the FRFR thing.. Sell it, go get an amp, and don't look back!

• So i threw together some reamps of a couple of free profiles if anyone is interested.

I dont have my Kemper setup. But I did have a blast rockin these thru my VST. It was nice to hear someone else playing. When my hearing returns tomorrow I can take a listen to the other stuff.

I have always said my Kemper does not sound anything like the stuff I hear online. So me checking your profiles will be of no help. In fact some of your playing was going on and I thought it was a track I had load down earlier in Reaper. So even my play style would not be much different.

One thing I did hear is the rattle of the strings. I run my action super low and this time of year it is super dry so the action drops even more. That and old strings = horrible sounding. I am struggling to get decent tones right now without redoing the action. May be worth a try to raise your action a touch???