Look how awesome Kemper users are.

• There's a obvious fizz coming out, when you don't play, no discussion about it.

Maybe that's dumb suggestion, but can you try Kemper in different electrical outlet or even try it in different building? Maybe the current delivered to Kemper is "not healthy", maybe you have some electrical devices that affect you electric guitar pickups when playing distortion.

Is it the same on clean?

You mentioned that you play EMG pickups, is the 9V battery fine, or maybe there's some shortage in electronics. Have you tried with guitar with passive pickups?

• Appreciate the input buddy ive already tried all of these suggestions.

Clean signal is flawless clean profiles are wonderful. the moment distortion/gain is introduced the problems start.

• Appreciate the input buddy ive already tried all of these suggestions.

Clean signal is flawless clean profiles are wonderful. the moment distortion/gain is introduced the problems start.

good luck with whatever you come up with

I didn't have such thing, my Kemper is fine, but sleeping in the closet now :) since the functionality and convenience of Yamaha THR30II wins for me :)

• Just plucking the A string and gradually adding gain. Barely got to 11-12 oclock and it started to come in. It sounds like an intonation problem maybe truss rod adjustment or saddle adjustment because it does sound like distorted fret buzz but ive altered both to the point where its like a blummin cello and its still there.

These are brand new strings too ( a few days old) not that makes any difference at all new or old same problem.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• That doesn't sound right.....I don't have that buzz on any of the high gain rigs...unless I put a Fuzz on it and crank it on the high freq.

Can you do the same with a factory Rig? Change only the gain, so that we all have a common reference

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• So i went through every string individualy on every fret of one of my sevenstrings (a wonderful process said no one ever lol) and adjusted the bridge where it needed to be adjusted to remove any kind of "fizz" that could be brought on by a slight dead spot or slight fret buzz adjusting the truss rod as i went.

could i have finaly cracked it or am i just tricking my brain? lol

to me it feels great to play my guitar its setup pretty solid but now im listening for that frequency haha.

it sounds way better right?

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• That doesn't sound right.....I don't have that buzz on any of the high gain rigs...unless I put a Fuzz on it and crank it on the high freq.

Can you do the same with a factory Rig? Change only the gain, so that we all have a common reference

Horrible aint it? ive JUST uploaded a new sample with a description on what ive done to the guitar. i can record another sample using a factory rig and do the same process. BRB.

• Just plucking the A string and gradually adding gain. Barely got to 11-12 oclock and it started to come in. It sounds like an intonation problem maybe truss rod adjustment or saddle adjustment because it does sound like distorted fret buzz but ive altered both to the point where its like a blummin cello and its still there.

These are brand new strings too ( a few days old) not that makes any difference at all new or old same problem.

in this example I can't hear the buzz/hiss as obvious as in first example, when you stop playing / between you riff chops - I'm not saying it isn't there, just in 1st case I heard it immediately

• Less evident on the second example but is there...Are you using a treble booster or a bit shaper in the chain? What about Presence setting in the output menu and in the rig?

There are rigs that sounds like that, but I can always get rid of the buzz...Definition setting in the Amp block is a good one, Try reducing the distortion Sense in the input menu as well: I have a Schecter with EMG 70 and I had to go down at 2.1

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• Less evident on the second example but is there...Are you using a treble booster or a bit shaper in the chain? What about Presence setting in the output menu and in the rig?

There are rigs that sounds like that, but I can always get rid of the buzz...Definition setting in the Amp block is a good one, Try reducing the distortion Sense in the input menu as well: I have a Schecter with EMG 70 and I had to go down at 2.1

Yeah its still there slightly but now i think its more just a frequency adjustment fix instead of a (probably all along) a hardware (guitar) issue that has plagued me all these years resulting in awful sounding high gain profiles. i think before the adjustment those little deadspots and slight fret buzz was making it a huge deal where as now i have pretty much removed all of those its really starting to come together.

So since doing those guitar adjustments i will now start to adjust the definition and distortion sense and see whats up.

Maybe now i can actually start dialing in tones #fingerscrossed

EDIT: No Treble Booster or Bit Shaper in the chain.

Edited once, last by AdamMassacre1981: missed out some information. ().

• Yeah its still there slightly but now i think its more just a frequency adjustment fix instead of a (probably all along) a hardware (guitar) issue that has plagued me all these years resulting in awful sounding high gain profiles. i think before the adjustment those little deadspots and slight fret buzz was making it a huge deal where as now i have pretty much removed all of those its really starting to come together.

So since doing those guitar adjustments i will now start to adjust the definition and distortion sense and see whats up.

Maybe now i can actually start dialing in tones #fingerscrossed

Dude, I just feel your pain!

Second example seemed much better, I quite liked it. I still think its a combination of things.

You can rarely get rid of string noise, some of it is just the result of metal on metal and gain will always emphasis any noise. The first example to me sounded like "reasonable" fret buzz...a bit irritating but not horrendously bad. With a low action you often get fret buzz event on a pro set up, albeit it very subtle.

Really glad you are making progress though!

• Thanks brother.

What ever happened to the days of just picking up an axe plugging in and rocking out? lol

• Thanks brother.

What ever happened to the days of just picking up an axe plugging in and rocking out? lol

Ha...its when we got these amazing versatile tools...and please take this the right way....I think there is a bit of that here that you are focussing on a tiny artifact versus having fun - but I understand why!

To me, sound is so much in the fingers that I'm not that focussed on my sound...as long as I have a good platform. Having said that, I know what its like once you hear something, you can't unhear it. Also I play exclusively live with my KPA so I do as Mbritt says and just "crank n go"....but I thought your second sample sounded pretty good.

Its bit like my wife and wine.....we went on a wine tasting course to learn more about it as we just guzzled it....and about 6 glasses in of trying to taste the wild fruits and grass overtones, my wife turns to me and says " if I really think about it, I don't like wine" :)

I think I will be popping champagne corks ( even though my wife no longer likes it), if you get it sorted.

I think you need to try something else because I'm 50/50. 50% of me thinks it will solve the problem ( different sound psychologically its gone etc.) and 50% thinks it will still be there because it's not the KPA. Either way you will be better off because you will either have solved the problem or know its not the device but something else.

As I said if you close ( Im in Derby) happy for you to try mine...

• This is a recording i just did using 3 completely different guitars with completely different pickups.

The profile is a stock one i added a Green scream and a noise gate i also diled back the gain.

PROFILE LINK: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ey93…2-14%2019-36-01.krig?dl=0

still there using all three guitars.

Just so we are clear my chain is GUITAR-FRONT INPUT-LEFT MAIN OUTPUT XLR/BALANCED JACK- INPUT ONE (INTERFACE)- MONITORS OUT (INTERFACE) (Kemper main out set to master mono all other outputs OFF) nothing is clipping going into the kemper. Nothing is clipping coming out of the kemper going into the interface.

• hope to see you on the fractal forum 🤪