Look how awesome Kemper users are.

• Hey guys!

Sad to say i will be selling my kemper and moving onto other things. Since day one (a few years) ive had nothing but an absolute nightmare of a time with my kemper everything i tried and purchased along the way and it was ALOT to the point of spending MORE than the actual kemper 3-4 times more to try an enjoy my unit just always ended up in dissapointment. It got to the point where i would just be seriously depressed and frustrated and didnt even want to write or record anything or even turn it on anymore.

I just could not get out of my frustrating situation of that digital compressed fizzy glitchy crappy signal that was in every profile it was like a cancer i could cut out and there was no solution to it. i was constantly having a battle with it and it just wasnt working out.

Im not gonna dump on it this is just my personal experience.

I recorded a side by side of quite a few of commercial profiles against a vst plugin that cost a fraction of the price using a default setting and the vst just destroyed it.

Devistated it has come to this especially the financial investement ive put into it over the years but for my sanity it just has to go.

I was advised to send it Germany for an inspection but that would cost me even more money and this situation has been ongoing since i firs took it out of the box so it seems a bit unfair i would have to spend a further few £100's to get it looked at due to a situation i didnt even create. ( i still think the unit is faulty and has been since it was delivered)

Again this is just my experience with the kemper i was just expecting so much more and was left frustrated depressed and alot more skint...should have just bought a new amp.

Hope you all have a great time with your lil toasters and keep on rockin.

Adios amigos! \m/

• Sorry it didn't work out for you, that really sucks.

I also had problems but they were mostly to do with my interface.

I must have got lucky because for me if I'm depressed I turn on my Kemper and play my guitar until I feel better and it works every time.

Some vst plugins are amazing I use them too.

Good luck my friend in your endeavors I wish you the best.

• Sorry you've had such a bad experience! I guess no one piece of gear is for everyone. Best of luck finding your tone :thumbup:

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Sorry it didn't work out for you, that really sucks.

I also had problems but they were mostly to do with my interface.

I must have got lucky because for me if I'm depressed I turn on my Kemper and play my guitar until I feel better and it works every time.

Some vst plugins are amazing I use them too.

Good luck my friend in your endeavors I wish you the best.

Thanks buddy.

I upgraded my interface from a cheap Focusrite Solo to a Focusrite 2i4 (no change) then to a Clarett 4pre (no change) also upgraded all my guitar cables purchased some HS7's (no change) then purchased my new Adam Audio monitors (still no change). also bought new guitars all over the £1000 price range and just recently a £3k guitar and no change at all not to mention the multiple £100's (many many 100's) on commercial packs and IR packs all just garbage with the same problem.

I guess its just time to move on.

Rock on dude! \m/

• Thats sucks. I wrestled with getting rid of mine for a while. I even bought a Helix. I still played the Kemper more than the Helix. But now I am writing my own VST so I have not played either for months :P:D8)

What VST did you try that sounded so good? Mine sounds terrible but will be free when I post soon. So people can mock me and destroy my sense of well being :thumbup:

I really wish to understand why some people just cant get the sound they want on a Kemper/Helix/VST etc and some can. Especially when I see one in use on TV almost daily.

For me volume helps a lot. The louder I play it the better it sounds. This was reinforced when I would watch Dragon Force livestream on twitch. The Kempers through the PA at volume sounded completely insane. You can also catch Trivium on Twitch.

And getting a good amplifier. I swapped out my cheap stereo receiver for a new one and it made a huge difference. The old one was running out of power and its sound changed a lot at different volumes. The power sag was destroying the tone. I also like running a parallel path to get some dynamics and help fight that fizzy sound.

You have been on a journey and I wish you the best of luck!!! Keep rocking! Or not rocking if thats your thing.

• Thanks buddy.

I upgraded my interface from a cheap Focusrite Solo to a Focusrite 2i4 (no change) then to a Clarett 4pre (no change) also upgraded all my guitar cables purchased some HS7's (no change) then purchased my new Adam Audio monitors (still no change). also bought new guitars all over the £1000 price range and just recently a £3k guitar and no change at all not to mention the multiple £100's (many many 100's) on commercial packs and IR packs all just garbage with the same problem.

I guess its just time to move on.

Rock on dude! \m/

Well, at least you now have upgraded your studio gear, so not so much waste of money after all :):thumbup:

Good luck with the never ending quest for the perfect tone 8)

Cheers !

The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.

• Well, at least you now have upgraded your studio gear, so not so much waste of money after all :):thumbup:

Good luck with the never ending quest for the perfect tone 8)

Cheers !

And the part where ive spent many 100's on bundles and ir packs that i cant re-sell or no longer require because im selling my kemper and probably at a cheaper price i payed for it due to now being second hand...i would say thats a pretty substantial loss.

My issue with my kemper was never about the tone it was always about the clearly faulty unit. The tones sounded fantastic it was the horrendous glitched fizz noise that was in the signal of ALL of high gain profiles that was the problem. Not sure how a kemper works on the inside maybe the distortion chip inside of mine was fried or something i dunno.

I reckon im just gonna stick to the old skool and mic up my Rockerverb...blow some windows out lol

...saying that i have had my eye on a Quad Cortex 😉

Rock on brother! 👊😛

• I think all he was saying is some of your investment is not a total waste, but of course you have lost money.

Sorry to hear this, its not pleasant hearing someone struggle as you have to get the sound they want.

Personally I always struggle with a recorded sound full stop. I've never found a VST I like, the neural stuff locked out my PC and didn't even sound any good anyway. I also had loads of issues with interfaces, so totally get your frustration.

You will hate me saying this, but I have a suspicion its not a faulty unit, I still think there is something in the set up although I know you tried so hard to rule everything else out..so in a way Im glad you are trying something else as I'd hate the thought of you getting the KPA back with "no fault found".

Genuinely wish you all the best and please do let us know how you get on. The Quad is a great unit and really hope it does the job for you!

Keep rockin dude!

• I fired up Neural Dsp's Gojira plugin and it just kicked butt!

Im still considering going into a guitar store to test another kemper JUST to make sure.At least then with a test of another unit i can get some kind of closure and put to rest that "what if" thought in my head. Imagine i test out another unit and it sounds incredible! I would literally cry lol.

Good luck with your vst dude! 👊😉

• The strange thing here is that the Profiler has routinely been compared to literally everything. Including the amps it Profiles.

Aside from personal preference, the differences are minimal. Do what you need to get what you want, but something sure seems 'off' with what your Profiler is giving you.

If you're uninspired, then it doesn't matter how 'good' something is. Its uninspiring and therefore pointless.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Thsnks dude!

Yeah i have a few of the Neural dsp plugins i like the Gojira one thats a lot of fun :) the Cali suit is a bit of a CPU monster lol

Youre right! Imagine going through all that shipping fees and and actual payment on a checkup just to find out nothing was wrong...that would be the final dreaded nail of doom lol.

Im sure i will find a light at the end of that tunnel eventually 🤞🤞

• The strange thing here is that the Profiler has routinely been compared to literally everything. Including the amps it Profiles.

Aside from personal preference, the differences are minimal. Do what you need to get what you want, but something sure seems 'off' with what your Profiler is giving you.

If you're uninspired, then it doesn't matter how 'good' something is. Its uninspiring and therefore pointless.

Im un-inispired to use my kemper because of the constant struggle to find out what is wrong with my kemper.

To me there is something really wrong with it something is way off. I think people are missunderstanding my posts.

Im not stating kemper do terrible profiles and are awful machines evidence shows they clearly are fantastic units.My situation is that mine is malfunctioning and i dont know why.

• One other thought - is there another Kemper owner in your location you could perhaps get in touch with on social media? Might be a quick way to see if it is your unit at fault, if so find a workaround.

Best of luck either way

• Maybe you have some sound examples for us ?

I suppose you tried several guitars ?

I once had a bad volume pot making all sound thin and fizzy.

To be fair to AdamMassacre1981 he has been around a long cycle of trial and error and has posted stuff.

Personally I think its a combination of problems he has experienced plus a bit of "once you hear it, you can't unhear it" and in his position I think I'd feel the same...he has tried so hard to resolve that I think the answer is to try something else.

I just hope he does find "the" sound he is after...and maybe one day we will see him back.

Im interested in his onward journey, not to say " oh the Quad is so much better" but because I'm genuinely hopeful he finds a solution.

• One other thought - is there another Kemper owner in your location you could perhaps get in touch with on social media? Might be a quick way to see if it is your unit at fault, if so find a workaround.

Best of luck either way

Yeah im probably gonna pop into my local GuitarGuitar store at some point and ask to try one out even take mine in and plug it into whatever setup they have to see if the problem remains in a completely diffetent environment.Ive been meaning to for a while but life (work) always kinda gets in the way.

• That's a crazy ordeal to have to go through. I'm still fairly new to the Kemper but thankfully transferring from the Helix to the powered toaster has been awesome. Especially the high gain stuff. I wonder if it's worth it to throw one more wad of cash at it and send it in to get inspected. On the chance that there is something off internally that's fixable. Just knowing that it's capable of sounding awesome I'd hate to think about taking the loss financially and giving up on the Kemper. Either way good luck with whatever path you choose.

• I think you've bought a piece of gear that has a fault and have done everything but send it back for repair. It's been really tough to watch.

Did you buy your unit used or new?