Look how awesome Kemper users are.

• I'm sure someone has said it on here..Something is obviously wrong. I am an amp and tone snob (..at least I think I am lol..) Owned every Boogie, Bogner, Diezel,etc...as well as Axe FX and Line 6..Still have the Boogie MKIV half stack that my other guitar player uses and I go thru my K Powerhead through a V30 Cab. Absolutley gloriously crushing..plenty loud, full, rich and organic sounding (..using a rofile of my Boogie that I did myself..) It literally shocks us how good it sounds everytime we plug in to it. I got rid of my Axe Fx gear (..sounded KILLER, but the interface on the fly was challenging) as well as my Helix becasue it took a lot of EQ tweeking for recording direct....The Kemper i just plug in and go..NO tweeking, sounds and feels so inspiring... I'm sharing this because I was so skeptical of the Kemper, and it has outlasted all but one of my amps and modellers...If it doesn't sound and feel incredible (..again, depends on the profiles and some other factors, ) something is wrong. Good luck man...sorry for the bad experience.

Yeah i go (EDIT!! Left out from my Kemper) into my my clarette 4pre and my adam audio monitors go directly out of the 4pre. Could it be because im doing this i hugely lack the awesome-ness that is the kemper...because in theory the monitors are not a guitar cabinet so why would it sound like one right. The main reason i purchased my kemper was so i didnt have to mic it up and i could record anytime i needed at low volumes without the neighbours calling the cops lol i own an Orange Rockerverb and its the greatest amp ive ever played but micing that loud Mamma in my room aint very practical...would be crazy fun for sure but not for my neighbours lol

Edited once, last by AdamMassacre1981: Didnt explain where my out into my interface was coming from. ().

• https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo…f8fxted2n7kr1oldghggcgt8r So i threw together some reamps of a couple of free profiles if anyone is interested. If the link fails let me know and i will attempt to fix it.

The "main out -12" on the kemper is activated. My interface was redding lol. I was using my Solar A1.7C on all reamps.

I took your DI samples, reamped them, tried to match the levels, and compared.

OLA bug area - The rig you sent has considerably less gain than your reamp sample. Maybe you have some locked section somewhere when you reamp?

OLA2 Trip Metal - To my ears sounds identical to your reamp.

Black Snake - Again, sounds identical to my ears

I can share my reamps with you if you like, so you can compare. maybe you can hear something that I cannot hear.

So, opinions about tone aside, to my ears, there's absolutely nothing wrong with your Kemper.

Hope that helps you somewhat :)

• I don’t know if you tried spdif? Also there was a thread a while ago and the poster had a similar issue which turned out to be his mains power. I actually wander round the kitchen to get different perspectives on my sound. My studio is in there too

A brace of Suhrs, a Charvel, a toaster, an Apollo twin, a Mac, and a DXR10

• Ah! Its a possibility i had the gain on the interface slightly turned down due to the last profile peaking out my interface. Yeah sure it will be interesting to hear them :)

• Yeah of course you can use it.Black snake came stock with the kemper on the rig manager as did the Ola ones. I was advised to use free profiles and not commercial profiles for these reamps i guess to prevent from giving out payed profiles for free and having the artist come after me...makese sense. I have 100's of commercial Irs i need to dig through. I just recently purchased Josh Mddleton's new Ir pack i need to fire them up and see whats happening.

• I don’t know if you tried spdif? Also there was a thread a while ago and the poster had a similar issue which turned out to be his mains power. I actually wander round the kitchen to get different perspectives on my sound. My studio is in there too

Yeah purchased multiple SPDIF cables over the years and kinda fell for the Oh this one is gold plated and this one has blah blah lol plenty of companys out there are ready to take ya hard earned in exchange for plastic ruby's lol.

I sit at my desk with my monitors at ear level in the classic triangle position and try not to move too much as it can massivly change the tone.

Sometimes when im mixing i will step a few feet back away from my desk and neal down and move my head around like a giraffe lol to find a sweet spot to listen for frequencies i may have missed whilst sitting at my desk. Its a strange process creating stuff right? Haha.

• Yeah purchased multiple SPDIF cables over the years and kinda fell for the Oh this one is gold plated and this one has blah blah lol plenty of companys out there are ready to take ya hard earned in exchange for plastic ruby's lol.

I sit at my desk with my monitors at ear level in the classic triangle position and try not to move too much as it can massivly change the tone.

Sometimes when im mixing i will step a few feet back away from my desk and neal down and move my head around like a giraffe lol to find a sweet spot to listen for frequencies i may have missed whilst sitting at my desk. Its a strange process creating stuff right? Haha.

I know right. I got lucky with the Amazon spdif cables. I got a pair of those xVive wireless things and just roam around till I feel it. I hope you get a result man

A brace of Suhrs, a Charvel, a toaster, an Apollo twin, a Mac, and a DXR10

• I'm sorry it's not working out for you buddy! I hope you can sort it and we see you back here. For what it's worth, I exclusively use Bighairyprofiles because I find they have the most natural tone.

I love my Kemper!

• Also...(im so sorry guys) Im still having the issue of when i turn on the kemper the profile i used before i turned the unit off sounds totaly different to what it did before i turned it off...i then have to skip said profile to the next one in my list and then back again to the one that sounded different and then it completely changes to what it sounded like before i turned it off. Also...(this JUST happened) i turned the cab all the way up to 10 and nothing happened...the lights went up to 10 but the sound didnt change. i then rolled it back one to 9 and the whole profile changed like i stepped on a pedal.

Some weird things happening.

It happened a few days ago too i actually got a recording of what happened

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    you can clearly hear the change. Thats me skipping the profile and back again and the difference is huge.

You can even see the change in image of this recording.

• Also...(im so sorry guys) Im still having the issue of when i turn on the kemper the profile i used before i turned the unit off sounds totaly different to what it did before i turned it off...i then have to skip said profile to the next one in my list and then back again to the one that sounded different and then it completely changes to what it sounded like before i turned it off. Also...(this JUST happened) i turned the cab all the way up to 10 and nothing happened...the lights went up to 10 but the sound didnt change. i then rolled it back one to 9 and the whole profile changed like i stepped on a pedal.

Some weird things happening.

It happened a few days ago too i actually got a recording of what happened

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    you can clearly hear the change. Thats me skipping the profile and back again and the difference is huge.

You can even see the change in image of this recording.

Get Yamaha THR and start playing music.

• Ah! Its a possibility i had the gain on the interface slightly turned down due to the last profile peaking out my interface. Yeah sure it will be interesting to hear them :)

There you go. Your black snake DI, re-amped on my kemper:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/svpk…cksnake-my-reamp.wav?dl=0

Upon second listen I noticed that:

1. your reamp has more gain, so I added a little gain to mine so it matches.

2. You had less delay on your reamp. That I kept, so my reamp has slightly more echo I think

Otherwise, those two samples sound virtually identical to my ears, and I hope that convinces you that your Kemper is not faulty at all, thus providing closure to your problems.

• There you go. Your black snake DI, re-amped on my kemper:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/svpk…cksnake-my-reamp.wav?dl=0

Upon second listen I noticed that:

1. your reamp has more gain, so I added a little gain to mine so it matches.

2. You had less delay on your reamp. That I kept, so my reamp has slightly more echo I think

Otherwise, those two samples sound virtually identical to my ears, and I hope that convinces you that your Kemper is not faulty at all, thus providing closure to your problems.

Oh thats fantastic and a massive confidence boost. Thank you for this buddy :)

• Or a vintage POD - same sounds I think.

POD needs speakers to play. The same with Kemper. Then you spend time to find the best speakers for you gear and start blaming you sound, start neverending research for perfect preset/profile. Then you land up on a forum seeking for help. Been there, done that. Just play, it sounds good.