Look how awesome Kemper users are.

• Please, please accept that there's something wrong with your unit and get some professional help with it. I can't believe you've lived with this for over 5 years and still suffering (us too).

• I think trying Kellerblues suggestion with the High Cut filter might really help from what I can hear in tour samples, running mine between 5,500hz and 6,500hz helped with pa speakers and with the Kone on eliviating some high end fizz and keeping Pure Cabinet on a little at about 1.5-1.8 also seemed to help in conjunction with the High Cut filter. I played with the Low Cut filter between 75hz-110hz until I found a sweet spot where it filled out the tone without being boomy.

I still dont think its a tone issue i really think its a hardware issue or a problem with the chain its just TOO much of a coinsidence all 6 of my guitars could be producing the same problem . I shared an exact profile i used to record 3 samples using three completely different guitars in this thread (a couple of posts back) and all 3 guitars had the exact same result with the exact same problematic artifact and when another kemper user here on the forum downloaded and used that exact same profile and recorded a sample it did not have any of that artifact in the signal.

Not sure if i was heartbroken or excited i was maybe making progress towards a result.

• Please, please accept that there's something wrong with your unit and get some professional help with it. I can't believe you've lived with this for over 5 years and still suffering (us too).

Because for years i was told i just needed this and that and those and these and some of them combined with lots of that and me being a complete dumby fell for the B.S and by this point i had spent Soooo much money trying to fix this that it was just not an option to give up.

I also sent reamps to kemper a couple of years ago and was told nothing was wrong with my unit.

Sorry if a forum post that you dont even need to interact with or be a part of is disrupting your life so much that its making you suffer.

• Heartbroken or excited are the emotions that are currently running through me lol at least we are getting somewhere...i think...hope! LoL

how did they sound, was the stuff still there. My ears are old and not amazingly sensitive to high pitch anything. The profile you sent would have been too bright for me to use generally. BTW, that was a Charvel DK 24 on the bridge pickup which I’m led to believe is a Seymour Duncan full shred.

A brace of Suhrs, a Charvel, a toaster, an Apollo twin, a Mac, and a DXR10

• how did they sound, was the stuff still there. My ears are old and not amazingly sensitive to high pitch anything. The profile you sent would have been too bright for me to use generally. BTW, that was a Charvel DK 24 on the bridge pickup which I’m led to believe is a Seymour Duncan full shred.

I couldnt hear it all...i will have another listen brb 👊

EDIT: Had another listen on my headphones and i dont hear it 😲

• I also sent reamps to kemper a couple of years ago and was told nothing was wrong with my unit.

For a valid comparison, you need to use the exact same DI recording for reamping and have the exact same backup restored on both Profilers. Playing the same rig using different guitars played by several people on Profilers that might have different global settings introduces too many variables and is not a valid comparison.

Our reampings of the SPDIF DI tracks that you sent using the backup that you provided were identical to your original recordings. Therefore our support team came to the conclusion that there is nothing wrong with your Profiler and that any issues you encounter must be caused by other components in your signal chain. We did send you the reamped files back for comparison and suggested that you post them in the forum to get other opinions. There is another user in this thread that did reamp one of the DI tracks that you posted with the same rig and reported that the results were identical. If reampings do not convince you, your only other options are getting hold of a second Profiler for direct comparison or sending yours to our service center for a checkup.

• For a valid comparison, you need to use the exact same DI recording for reamping and have the exact same backup restored on both Profilers. Playing the same rig using different guitars played by several people on Profilers that might have different global settings introduces too many variables and is not a valid comparison.

Our reampings of the SPDIF DI tracks that you sent using the backup that you provided were identical to your original recordings. Therefore our suport team came to the conclusion that there is nothing wrong with your Profiler and that any issues you encounter must be caused by other components in your signal chain. We did send you the reamped files back for comparison and suggested that you post them in the forum to get other opinions. There is another user in this thread that did reamp one of the DI tracks that you posted with the same rig and reported that the results were identical. If reampings do not convince you, your only other options are getting hold of a second Profiler for direct comparison or sending yours to our service center for a checkup.

I used 6 completely different guitars and all 6 came back with the exact same issue even after a full factory restore.

My chain is guitar-front input-main out left xlr to balanced jack into interface Main out is set to Master mono. Even with my monitors directly plugged into the kemper this issue is there.

Im so desperate to get a resolve.

Im gonna have to send it over to you guys to have a look im just scared i will spend all that money shipping it and paying for the work just to be told theres nothing wrong and i will be stuck with it.

I just wanna enjoy my toaster is all.

• Im gonna have to send it over to you guys to have a look im just scared i will spend all that money shipping it and paying for the work just to be told theres nothing wrong and i will be stuck with it.

frankly speaking, I find this quote a bit offensive as it seems to imply that our service center would lie to you about the state of your unit instead of simply offering to repair any fault they might find.

• frankly speaking, I find this quote a bit offensive as it seems to imply that our service center would lie to you about the state of your unit instead of simply offering to repair any fault they might find.

Sincere apologies for any offence that was not what was intended when i said that nor what i meant at all. My fear is spending more money which i simply dont have at the moment to find out there is genuinly nothing wrong and its something else which puts me right back to square one and even more skint and confused.

#stressed

I will look into an estimate of what it will cost and look further into figuring something out on how to get it to you.

👊

• One of the main reasons I try to get two of everything is exactly for scenarios like this. I have a toaster, and a rack. Having one of something has always caused me issues when a hardware problem arises. I have 4 identical basses for example. I know good gear isn't cheap, so I buy used, and don't go crazy. But having two of something that's important, a computer, a Kemper, anything, is just better with a backup. If you had another Kemper, even a different format than what you have, you'd know for sure if it was a hardware issue.

I've read through this whole thread, and correct if me I'm wrong, but the OP still hasn't compared his to another unit, right? A friends, a stores, etc? That sure seems like the FIRST thing I'd do before spending another second or dollar on troubleshooting.

• One of the main reasons I try to get two of everything is exactly for scenarios like this. I have a toaster, and a rack. Having one of something has always caused me issues when a hardware problem arises. I have 4 identical basses for example. I know good gear isn't cheap, so I buy used, and don't go crazy. But having two of something that's important, a computer, a Kemper, anything, is just better with a backup. If you had another Kemper, even a different format than what you have, you'd know for sure if it was a hardware issue.

I've read through this whole thread, and correct if me I'm wrong, but the OP still hasn't compared his to another unit, right? A friends, a stores, etc? That sure seems like the FIRST thing I'd do before spending another second or dollar on troubleshooting.

properly done reamping is actually the best way to compare two different Profilers when it comes to any potential differences in the perceived sound quality.

• properly done reamping is actually the best way to compare two different Profilers when it comes to any potential differences in the perceived sound quality.

But I already helped with this exercise here:

There you go. Your black snake DI, re-amped on my kemper:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/svpk…cksnake-my-reamp.wav?dl=0

Upon second listen I noticed that:

1. your reamp has more gain, so I added a little gain to mine so it matches.

2. You had less delay on your reamp. That I kept, so my reamp has slightly more echo I think

Otherwise, those two samples sound virtually identical to my ears, and I hope that convinces you that your Kemper is not faulty at all, thus providing closure to your problems.

AdamMassacre1981 I reamped your DI sample with the profile, and sent you the result. Identical to my ears. What's the reason there's still this thinking that your unit it faulty ?

• Stupid question,,have you tried the left maion out 1/4 " jack? That's the one I use right into my AudioBox, right into my Mac.. Make sure I'm not clipping, and I don't even adjust EQ... Just checking..I know there shouldn't be any difference between the 2 except for the impedance..

• But I already helped with this exercise here:

AdamMassacre1981 I reamped your DI sample with the profile, and sent you the result. Identical to my ears. What's the reason there's still this thinking that your unit it faulty ?

i think at this point my brain so damn fried i dont even know what im listening to anymore and trying to keep up with what is being posted is scrambling my head. I think i just need to take a breather for a moment