Look how awesome Kemper users are.

• ... Any recordings that did not exhibit the issue for the OP were by people recording the same rig with different guitars in a different environment. ...

Not exactly true, I had reamped his DI with his rig almost 2 years ago.

Is it my ears?...my last attempt to get a resolve.

His reaction:

Werw!! thats like a trillion times better haha so im clearly doing it wrong Oh my! thank you so much for this amigo, You've brought hope to my desperate situation \m/

Sadly I don't have the reamped file anymore, sorry.

• What's strange to me is how do you let this problem live for 5 years and this thread go for 8 pages long? The problem isn't your 6 guitars. I'd have swiftly done a factory reset and gone to a friend or a music store with another KPA to compare side by side the sound of a factory profile so you know whether or not the problem is your hardware.

I don't mean this personally, there just seems to be so many curious threads here on the theme "Help, my possibly defective guitar processor has been keeping me up at night for 5+ years but since I'm not sure, I need more opinions to know if I should keep putting up with my dissatisfaction or not".

Anyway, hope you sort it out!

I'm not defending anyone, nor I'm attacking anyone, but not everyone of us is active musician, knows other folks that have Kempers to compare our gear, lives in bigger ciy that we can go to music store an compare. I think there are many guitar enthusiast here, that work full time job, and arranging with another Kemper side by side thing is a challenge.

In this particular case, in the recording posted at Look how awesome Kemper users are. I can hear obvious fizz/hiss, which is not anything that can be rectified by EQ.

I hope OP sorts it out. And I didn't read this post as "Help, my possibly defective guitar processor has been keeping me up at night for 5+ years...."

• Not exactly true, I had reamped his DI with his rig almost 2 years ago.

Is it my ears?...my last attempt to get a resolve.

His reaction:

Sadly I don't have the reamped file anymore, sorry.

if you have the time please download the SPDIF DIs that the OP sent to support and restore his backup before you reamp and use the "1971 Mars Golup" rig .

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo…bbl8tilzanzc2rfp7ts6onfc0

• I'm not defending anyone, nor I'm attacking anyone, but not everyone of us is active musician, knows other folks that have Kempers to compare our gear, lives in bigger ciy that we can go to music store an compare. I think there are many guitar enthusiast here, that work full time job, and arranging with another Kemper side by side thing is a challenge.

In this particular case, in the recording posted at Look how awesome Kemper users are. I can hear obvious fizz/hiss, which is not anything that can be rectified by EQ.

I hope OP sorts it out. And I didn't read this post as "Help, my possibly defective guitar processor has been keeping me up at night for 5+ years...."

👊😉

• So yesterday i recorded a little tester and kinda liked the tone it was cool i was digging it i didnt hear any really trouble frequencies in the signal and got rather excited. I saved the profile and all was going sweet. So it was late i had to be up for work etc etc so the the kemper was switched off and i thought nothing of it.

Woke up in the morning for a quick little tinkle before going to work and Uh-oh! the saved profile that was sounding great the night before had competely changed again. (Sample 2) I was using the same guitar the same unchanged profile everything exactly the same from the night before but the profile was completely different.

Again i had to skip the profile to the next one and back again and sample THREE is the result...totaly different and right back to the fizz situation.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    now TELL me something aint seriously wrong here.

• Can i request to remove this entire post? i dont want to bum anyone out any longer and i dont want to get anymore bummed out. I dont want to bring any negative emotions to the forum or be that p*ssy whingy forum user.

Appreciated. x

• Can i request to remove this entire post? i dont want to bum anyone out any longer and i dont want to get anymore bummed out. I dont want to bring any negative emotions to the forum or be that p*ssy whingy forum user.

Appreciated. x

removing the thread would eliminate the chance of other forum members reamping your files to help you. If you still want to send the unit in for inspection afterward we can offer you the following: You only have to cover the shipping cost and customs fees-the inspection will be free and if the service center finds a fault we will repair it under fair dealing since you originally reported the issue while the unit was still covered by warranty. To initiate that process please open a ticket in the support section of the Kemper website.

• removing the thread would eliminate the chance of other forum members reamping your files to help you. If you still want to send the unit in for inspection afterward we can offer you the following: You only have to cover the shipping cost and customs fees-the inspection will be free and if the service center finds a fault we will repair it under fair dealing since you originally reported the issue while the unit was still covered by warranty. To initiate that process please open a ticket in the support section of the Kemper website.

AdamMassacre1981 - Given the last recording example, sending it to Kemper seems logical. At least they can bench test it as the 3 changes you had really do point to an intermittent fault. It seems like a really good offer and might give you some peace of mind with limited risk.

Appreciated. x

No need to remove the thread, I think. Any forum members being bummed out should just refrain from clicking it :) And I personally think you come across as patient, reasonable and willing to troubleshoot with support and forum members alike.

• removing the thread would eliminate the chance of other forum members reamping your files to help you. If you still want to send the unit in for inspection afterward we can offer you the following: You only have to cover the shipping cost and customs fees-the inspection will be free and if the service center finds a fault we will repair it under fair dealing since you originally reported the issue while the unit was still covered by warranty. To initiate that process please open a ticket in the support section of the Kemper website.

Certainly seems like the most logical best move at this point. I will look into the process and get things moving :)

• AdamMassacre1981 - Given the last recording example, sending it to Kemper seems logical. At least they can bench test it as the 3 changes you had really do point to an intermittent fault. It seems like a really good offer and might give you some peace of mind with limited risk.

Yeah its certainly the best next move. Looking into the process now and gonna get things moving :)

Appreciated. x

You're not bumming anyone out and even if you would, that's not your fault but their shame. Most of us are trying to help you, please let us.

Listening to your latest samples I think there is definitely something itchy going on in your Kemper, perhaps in cabinet section. I guess you have already done all different kinds of resets, factory default settings et cetera thus far. If I were you, I would do as V8guitar suggested and send it to Kemper for factory inspection. As you have noticed, the reason for this kind of behaviour is really, really difficult to track remotely.

-Jari

• No need to remove the thread, I think. Any forum members being bummed out should just refrain from clicking it :) And I personally think you come across as patient, reasonable and willing to troubleshoot with support and forum members alike.

Thanks Michael although i think you guys have been way more patient and reasonable towards me and i cant thank you all enough for that.

• So yesterday i recorded a little tester and kinda liked the tone it was cool i was digging it i didnt hear any really trouble frequencies in the signal and got rather excited. I saved the profile and all was going sweet. So it was late i had to be up for work etc etc so the the kemper was switched off and i thought nothing of it.

Woke up in the morning for a quick little tinkle before going to work and Uh-oh! the saved profile that was sounding great the night before had competely changed again. (Sample 2) I was using the same guitar the same unchanged profile everything exactly the same from the night before but the profile was completely different.

Again i had to skip the profile to the next one and back again and sample THREE is the result...totaly different and right back to the fizz situation.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    now TELL me something aint seriously wrong here.

Apologies i was cleaning up my soundcloud and accidentally deleted my recent soundcloud upload hence why the previous link states a problem. I re-uploaded it and this is the new link.

• You're not bumming anyone out and even if you would, that's not your fault but their shame. Most of us are trying to help you, please let us.

Listening to your latest samples I think there is definitely something itchy going on in your Kemper, perhaps in cabinet section. I guess you have already done all different kinds of resets, factory default settings et cetera thus far. If I were you, I would do as V8guitar suggested and send it to Kemper for factory inspection. As you have noticed, the reason for this kind of behaviour is really, really difficult to track remotely.

-Jari

Yeah done so many resets and restores. Yeah im looking into the process of sending it over to Kemper to see whats up. #fingerscrossed

Appreciated. x

You're not bumming anyone, stop caring about others having pain of existence, because you want your unit working right.

IMPORTANT: you are not bringing emotions, emotions cannot be passed through air like sound (air pressure) or through keyboard on forum, emotions arise inside of people, mostly unconsciously based on beliefs. When one learns how to maintain emotional life, which comes down to getting rid of external beliefs, life becomes as it should be.

• You're not bumming anyone out. Most of the time when someone announces they're ditching their Kemper, they want people to either commiserate or argue. Neither of which is true here.

BTW - Where are you located?

One point that may or may not have been made - if your unit is in fact faulty, it's not worth as much as a perfectly functional one. So.....you end up paying for it one way or the other. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I wish you the best in getting it sorted, even if that means selling the KPA.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Im in the UK sadly not many if at all anyone in my local area has a kemper that i could try out. I went to a very well known guitar store and they didnt have one either which i found a little odd.

Fingers crossed i get a result from kemper 🤞🤞