Look how awesome Kemper users are.

• Im in the UK sadly not many if at all anyone in my local area has a kemper that i could try out. I went to a very well known guitar store and they didnt have one either which i found a little odd.

Fingers crossed i get a result from kemper 🤞🤞

A suggestion that I'll deny I made if anyone asks. Even if they quote this. It wasn't me.

If there is a retailer that can ship to one of their stores - or permits returns to the store - and you can swing the temporary cost (and live with the idea), order a new one, try it out and return it.

(To those ready to pounce: Yes. This is a dick move. I get it.)

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• I think you have been very reasonable and I personally am not "bummed out" at all, but rather have been impressed with the Kemper forum members supporting you as well as the Kemper company.

I believe that this thread is indicative of how a forum and a company should conduct themselves, but sadly it seems to be a rare thing these days (for both forums AND companies).

This thread really does nothing but reinforce my belief that I have the right product and the right forum :)

• I am in the US so I am a little dumb, but, I would drive it there and drop it off. Or wait in the lobby while they check it out for you :)

Erm you do know that Germany is a different country to UK?

It would take approximately 3 days travel time there and back at leas - I know that's "just round the corner" for you US guys but for us its like going to the Moon :)

• Quote: “Germany is a different country to UK

For an American, Germany does offer one advantage, as both countries drive on the same side of the road.

Whereas in the U.K. because the majority of the population is right-handed. When baron knights in medieval times would meet along a road and engage in a sword fight.

It is understandably preferable for them to ride and pass each other to the left side of the road. This allows the dominant right arm and hand to wield a lance, swing a sword, lung with a mace or propel a spiked ball chained mace toward an opponent.

Therefore, it is for entirely understandable, quite practical, historic reasons that the UK drives to the left.

When Napoleon rose in power, being left-handed himself and with antipathy towards the British.

He awkwardly insisted that the opposite side of the road, to that long established by traditional convention, as explained above, be utilised.

As he attempted to subdue numerous European countries, his armies did a lot of marching and mobilisation activity. So to avoid confusion at critical times of intense movement, made them pass on the right.

Meanwhile, in America, following the eventual defeat of the British by homesteaders and the continental army.

Hostility toward the British was continued in a variety of manners. One of them being adopting to pass on the right side of the road.

In French Canada, French Orleans, Dutch New York etc. et al. Established homesteaders already indoctrinated to drive to the right, along with English settlers with antipathy toward their former government, ensured that became the norm on their continent.

Therefore, generally speaking, a global pattern emerged. Countries that formerly were part of French, Dutch, and other European countries Empires, drove on the right side of the road. Whereas, countries that were formerly part of the British Empire and remain part of the British Commonwealth pass on the left.

But as already been made clear, there is a longer established tradition based purely upon absolutely practical reasons, why it is preferable to pass on the left side of the road.

Most particularly, if you are right-handed.

Furthermore, Webster who hated the British wanted to establish a new American language that would culturally differentiate the majority English settlers from their ancestral people.

He set about that by writing a new dictionary “Websters”. Which predominantly consisted of long-established English words many of which were historically derived from a variety of languages, but changing their spelling in minor ways to make them distinct from traditional English.

Which is why a famous British politician said of the Americans and British that they were: “two peoples separated by a common language”.

However, I have a lot of German friends, most of which have been well trained and speak English rather better, than most of the English themselves.

I also have a lot of Bavarian friends, but alas although they speak English well, tend to speak in German using Bavarian slang. So, when they come to the U.K. wanting to improve their English further, I normally suggest they attend German lessons, to learn to speak their own language properly first. 😊     

In short, if you travel to Germany, pass to the right (unless right handed and duelling a knight in armour) and speak in English, as not all German's, (particularly Bavarians) speak German so well. :)

• Erm you do know that Germany is a different country to UK?

It would take approximately 3 days travel time there and back at leas - I know that's "just round the corner" for you US guys but for us its like going to the Moon :)

I was once stuck on a ski lift in Squaw Valley with an American.

He asked where I can from and I said Scotland. He replied "gee you speak good English".

I told him that's because it was our national language as the two countries were a connected land mass like Canada and America.

He replied "yeah? You speak good English?" 🤦🏻‍♂️

• The Ugly American.

Still a thing.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Erm you do know that Germany is a different country to UK?

Quote: “Germany is a different country to UK

For an American, Germany does offer one advantage, as both countries drive on the same side of the road.

It takes so much time cause the longer is to remove the delivery truck's steering wheel on the right side and reassemble it on the left side. ;):D^^

• back to topic please

I think the OPs Kemper would work better in a country that drives on the right side of the road..... Literally the right 🙂.

At this point, I could only hope that the problem is a hardware issue since this would at least bring closure.

If I were Kemper (I am not), I might be tempted to just swap out the unit.

• Hello folks!

Can someone here help me with reamping?

I have a problem that it sounds like there is a low signal or something..

I use SPDIF with an ESI U24XL to my Kemper.

Follow the link and see all of my settings where I use 44,1 KHZ everywhere. I use Logic as my DAW and wanted to reamp my already recorded DI-signal.

Listen to the wav-file where I tried to record the signal..

Appreciate all help I can get! :)

LINK > https://1drv.ms/u/s!Agdgiljvb7wCiGu4WDrus3Qytnuy?e=Ndp7v5

• start your own thread, please