STOMPBOX ON/OFF SOLUTION (with KPA + Behringer FCB1010 Uno chip)

• Just realized that if all stomboxes what you use are locked in KPA -then they stay on/off synced with FCB. Doesnt matter what prg-changes you do.
    Absolutely as it should be.

If you take locking away, the FCB and KPA do not communivate properly: stomps goes off when doing prg -change and FCB doesnt follow.
    (And you need to push FCB:s stomp buttons several times, leds lid in FCB wheter stomps are off etc., very confusing setup..)

So, lock stomps you need to switch from FCB. Only minus is that now you cant change those stomps setting in a different rigs -doesnt bother me anyway:
    all the stomps that you DONT use by midi can still be programmed as you will in different rigs. ;)

Edited 2 times, last by liulululi ().

• Hm, I am not sure if I understand the issue here correctly but I have no idea why you would have to lock your stomps in order to work correctly with the FCB1010!!??

I am using the FCB1010 with UNO Chip as well and it works perfectly without locking stomps! You just have to make sure that you program every patch on the FCB so it matches the initial stomp states in the corresponding KPA rig.
    So for e.g. if you have a rig on your KPA saved with Stomp A and Stomp X active, you have to make sure to program the corresponding patch on the FCB so that when you switch to it the corresponding buttons on the FCB are active (light is on) and the others are not. If you do this little extra work for every patch it works perfectly without locking.

Like I said, maybe I didn't understand your issue correctly but just wanted to share my approach which is working perfectly for me.

Cheers,
    Markus

• Hi Markus,

I'm not using an FCB myself, but here's my take on it based on my experiences with a MIDI Moose + Event Processor.

You're right in that a given rig will function correctly if it is set up with the stomps pre-programmed to correspond with the on/off state of the pedals on the floorboard. But, because the floorboard has to alternate between on and off sends itself (i.e. the Kemper won't automatically toggle with subsequent receives of one CC value), that correspondence will very likely be lost when switching between rigs. If you only want to toggle stomps or you only want to select rigs with the FCB, you're OK; if you want to do both, you're in for some unpredictable double-tapping.

Example: two rigs, both stored with all stompboxes off. Start performance with rig 1. In the middle of the first song, you turn on stomp A. Before second song, you select rig 2. In the middle of the second song, you attempt to turn on stomp A, but nothing happens - because the FCB is sending a CC value of 0 to turn the stomp back off again, and in this rig, it already is off.

How likely any of the above is, or whether you're amenable to the workaround (tapping everything into its proper state whenever you change rigs) would depend on your application and your setlist, I guess.

• Example: two rigs, both stored with all stompboxes off. Start performance with rig 1. In the middle of the first song, you turn on stomp A. Before second song, you select rig 2. In the middle of the second song, you attempt to turn on stomp A, but nothing happens - because the FCB is sending a CC value of 0 to turn the stomp back off again, and in this rig, it already is off.

No, sorry, but this is wrong! Why would FCB send a CC value of 0? The turning on of stomp A in the middle of the first song doesn't have any effect any more after switching to rig 2. I think your assumption is that the FCB sends always alternating values of 127 and 0 no matter if I switch rigs in between or not. This is not the case.
    I have told the FCB before (when configuring it) that for Rig 2 all stomps are off on the KPA once I switch to it. So FCB knows that the stomp is off after switching to rig 2 and would therefore not send a 0 on that cc but a 127 once I press stomp A.
    Believe me I've been using it live multiple times in exactly this setup and it works like a charm. It's just a matter of programming it correctly in the first place!

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
    Markus

• Hi Markus,
    when I lock those some effects or stoms they stay on (or off) while I change prg -changes..and this is what I mostly want.

But: for some reason I didnt manage to get those "leds and lights come together" in FCB1010 and KPA wheter I saved them as you described.

Do you mind to send your sysex of FCB? It could be helpfull to many (including me.. :whistling: ) who seems to have problems with the combination of these two units.

-Olli

• Olli,

I did program it with RipWerx according to the tutorial called "Program your FCB1010 with Ripwerx software (fcb1010 axe-fx example)" which you can find here: http://www.voes.be/fcb1010/howto.htm.
    Have a look e.g. on the screenshot on top of page 4 of this PDF which shows the GUI of the RipWerx tool. For each patch you have 5 checkboxes on the right which define the initial state of the stomps when you change to this patch (clicked means stomp will be on/lit on the FCB and not clicked means it will be off/not lit). If you make sure that for each patch the status of these five check boxes reflects exactly the initial state of the stomps in the corresponding KPA rig then it's working fine.
    Here's my SysEx file, however I am not sure if this really helps!? https://dl.dropbox.com/u/41357709/FCB1010.syx
    My recommendation is to use RipWerx and program it according to that PDF tutorial.

Good luck. Let me know anytime if you have additional questions!!

Cheers,
    Markus