RME ucx/logic/kemper puzzle

• hi all
    this is a slightly left field kemper question, but welcome any thoughts as i'm stumped

I'm selling my Duet2 (anyone interested?) as i've just bought an RME ucx so I can take advantage of the kemper SPDIF output

While everything seems fine, I can hear the input from the kemper and play through my monitor speakers, and also play itunes through it, it is not working as a record input into logic. My audio channels now offer me 18 inputs, which is strange, and when i record activate a channel to record, regardless of which input i pick, there is no signal coming into logic. As the kemper is the master clock output, I have had to return to 44.1khz, but nothing seems to work. I feel i'm missing something obvious - any advice?

• Since you get the SPDIF signal into your DAW this should only be a small problem...

I dont know Logic but in Cubase you have to create input buses which are mapped to physical inputs. Here you would have to use the SPDIF in. Sometimes the input numbering on RME devices is a little bit strange. With my HDSP the analog ins are 1 and 2, SPDIF is 3 and 4, and the ADAT ins start at 5... I often mapped the wrong physcial ports...