KEMPER: SPDIF connection, i need help

• Hello everyone , since i was not happy with my sound, i wanted to connect my Kemper into my audio interface (focusrite scarlett 2nd Gen (i8i8)) with a SPDIF cable in order to have a better signal.

This is what i did :

1- i have purchased this cable : Cordial CPDS1 CC

2- I have plug the cable inside the OUT spdif of the kemper and the other side of the cable inside the IN spdif of the focusrite.

3- I have configure my Daw (Ableton live) to 44 hz since apaprently i have to do this with the kemper according to the tuto

4- I have configure my focusrite in SPDIF

5- I have plug my guitar in the kEMPER HEAD only (not in my focusrite since i have a SPDIF cable plugged)

6- here are my setting in Ableton live 11

My problem is that when i play the guitar i hear nothing :( there is no sounds

Maybe i should plug my guitar inside my focusrite instead of my Kemper, maybe my cable is not the right one , maybe i have to configure something with my kemper or in Ableton. Maybe it is impossible to use SPDIF with the Kemper. I'm lost here.

If someone has the answer i would love to heart from this !

NEW UPDATE : I have found a solution.

I did not realized that my SPDIF settings in my Kemper were on OFF and i had to select Master Stereo .
    + you have to use the 9/10 setting in Ableton

• Could you configure Focusrite outputs to the ones that are plugged into your monitors?

A brace of Suhrs, a Charvel, a toaster, an Apollo twin, a Mac, and a DXR10

• Who is master of the S/PDIF clock? Your PROFILER is quite new and should support both ways. Check out page "Output AddOns" in Output Section, if the option is set to "Internal" or "Auto". "Auto" means the PROFILER follows an external clock. However, in order to receive the clock signal a second cable is required from your interface to the PROFILER S/PDIF IN. Or you select "Internal" and set your external gear to follow the PROFILER clock. In this cable the one canble from S/PDIF OUT to interface is sufficient.

• I am not an Ableton expert but since the Focusrite treats the SPDIF inputs as inputs 9 and 10 you should select these as the inputs for the track you want to record on. From your screenshot it looks like you have selected inputs 1 and 2 for the audio track. Change it to 9 and 10.

Your clock sync settings look fine.

• Who is master of the S/PDIF clock? Your PROFILER is quite new and should support both ways. Check out page "Output AddOns" in Output Section, if the option is set to "Internal" or "Auto". "Auto" means the PROFILER follows an external clock. However, in order to receive the clock signal a second cable is required from your interface to the PROFILER S/PDIF IN. Or you select "Internal" and set your external gear to follow the PROFILER clock. In this cable the one canble from S/PDIF OUT to interface is sufficient.

from the op photos it looks like the software and hardware are synced?

• I am not an Ableton expert but since the Focusrite treats the SPDIF inputs as inputs 9 and 10 you should select these as the inputs for the track you want to record on. From your screenshot it looks like you have selected inputs 1 and 2 for the audio track. Change it to 9 and 10.

Your clock sync settings look fine.

Ok i will try this

• OK good news i've found a solution !

Inside the kemper option output my SPDIF was setup on OFF hahaha it is working now !

And for ABLETON it is working with 9/10 indeed

the strange thing is that it seems that i only hear my DI signal and not the effect , i'll check my setting on the kemper

EDIT : ok i just had to select master stereo

It sounds amazing wow !

• that would do it