The end of an empire

• Here is an hard rock piece with some psych flavors

super satisfied with my bass tone on this one, I used "FG - HugeSVTB7K" profile as Per mentioned and used this one too , great profile , I had to tweak it for my needs.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Very good Renaud! My question is if I use that bass profile and it lacks low end in the mix then where would I add the low end? On guitars or kick?

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Thx Larry , this one took me a while to mix TBH.

I'm not sure I understand your question, I always use my Bass EQ & comp reaper preset on all my bass tones, it adds roundness and meat

I always cut the basses on my guitar presets ( DAW) , never add basses , my goto guitar profiles are already bassy enough

I rarely touch the kick except on my chillhop tracks

• Let's see if I can explain it better... The bass profile you use has more midrange and less low end than what I am doing. But I like what you did. I'm afraid I would have to much midrange in my mix against my guitars doing it like you did and not enough low end. So I was wondering how to add more low end "thump" if I needed it. Would I compensate for a midrangey bass with the guitar bass eq or kick bass eq?

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• This bass profile is trebly for sure, I tweaked the profile to tame the treble & presence, then I pushed the basses in my DAW , with comp

The overall tape preset I used also add some basses to the master mix. My main goal here was to hear the bass even at very low ( laptop ) volume.

But the thump comes from the natural double tracking palm muted parts ( Jackson on cameron CCV ) vs the bright P90 on Wem dominator on riffs

You don't hear the jackson well here , but it's definitely there , as a background wall

it's a question of balance , but if you track is bass centered you'll have to put it front

• Here is an hard rock piece with some psych flavors

super satisfied with my bass tone on this one, I used "FG - HugeSVTB7K" profile as Per mentioned and used this one too , great profile , I had to tweak it for my needs.

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Brilliant rock vibe waraba with great tones and a great groove. This could easily be a song with vocals

• Hi Renaud,

I think you should be super satisfied with the entire track. It has a great rhythmic drive and the mix is excellent. The arrangement is such as I can hear everything in it's place. Nothing seem to step on something else's toes.

Only fault with the arrangement is that it is way too short.

Did you play bass with fingers or a pick?

Cheers,

Mats N