Eliminate feedback from acoustic-electric kemper options

• So i joined a second band. In my first band i own/run the PA which is digital and i dialed out all feedback frequency there. Just easier. Anyway new band already has pa. But older analog. Which is fine sometime we play at bars or festivals that have their own pa.

I play lead guitar but also acoustic when needed so I set up specific performances for all songs and so on. So I am looking at this at the performance level. Like how can I set this only on certain performances and not on others.

So my first thought is EQ it out. So for example i as stated on my PA i EQ it out. But my PA allows me to specify the exact frequency to drop. So like I can say cut1233 and 1220ish to 1240ish get cut with everything around it still there really not noticeable at all to human ears. But no feedback? So question 1 can this be done at the performance level. Like as a effect or maybe somewhere in performance setting. If so I can not find it?

Second. A lot of acoustic people recommend, Sweetwater instructional info etc. Phase invert the wave. Is this possible like with an effect? If so how?

Other options

Thanks in advance

• Studio EQ is a fully parametric EQ so is ideal for what you need.

You mentioned wanting the ability to use it on a “performance’. I understand this to mean you want to have a single EQ affect all 5 slots in a single performance so that you only need to make the change for the venue once and it will affect all acoustic rigs. This isn’t possible exactly but there are several quick ways to achieve it with minimal effort.

You can Lock the Studio EQ which will make it active on ALL rigs, not just those in the performance you are currently using. When locked it will apply exactly as is on all rigs. Therefore, if you make a change to one rig during sound check and save the change then this change will apply to every rig all night. If you need to make a quick change during the show because the audience have changed the sound in the venue, you can tweak one Rig and hit save. The change will now apply to all the other rigs too. This would work fine if you don’t mind have the same EQ on your electric rigs too.

If you don’t mind having the EQ automatically linked across a performance (ie you are happy with it during soundcheck and don’t need the ability to quickly change all rigs in the performance during the show) then you could make the the changes to one rig during soundcheck and save this. Temporarily lock the EQ and switch to each slot in turn saving as you go. This will copy the first EQ to each subsequent slot. Once done you can UnLock it again for the show.

Depending on how many effects slots you need for other performances, you might be able to Lock an EQ is one slot and assign a footswitch to toggle it on/off. This way not only will the EQ curve be static when you change rigs but so too will it’s On/Off state. You can turn it on when you use the acoustic and turn it off again when you switch back to electric.

Another option would be to save the Master EQ in slot 1 of the acoustic performance. When you load the acoustic performance hit the lock button. It will now apply the same EQ to all rigs. Before changing back to an electric performance unlock and everything will go back to normal. Howe, this one has the most potential to go wrong in the heat of a show.

• I also have feedback issues with my Godin Multiac guitars. I use 3 guitars: a nylon, a steel and a baritone.

I set a para eq in slot X but it's not easy to set up especially when you have just few minutes for your check.

It's not easy to find the right frequency, sometimes you have several. They are different with according to the guitare. It would be great to have something like a notch effect in input section.

• You give me an idea. Instead of using a expression pedal (which takes place and can move during a show), I could use a pot wired to a stereo jack.

I'm not very familiar with expression pedal and morphing. Can you asing two expression pedals to two eq frequency in same eq slot?