USB Cable

• Thought this would be a helpful chat room. Obviously not

The answer was literally in the first response.

Which was posted 8 *minutes* after you asked, and then liked by three others.

The rest is a group trying to have a bit of fun.

Sheesh.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• A completely true bit of fun for you.

All the greatest musicians had a good sense of humour.

Mozart had a great number of talented singers available to work with.

And a favourite soprano had a habit of deeply lowering her chin whenever she sang a low note.

Conversely she would throw her head right back high in the air as far she could whenever she hit a very high note.

Unfortunately, both of them had a very serious falling out in their relationship, a split that remained completely unreconciled.

Fortunately, Mozart had an excellent sense of humour and wrote a magnificent Opera, featuring her soprano voice in extended solo passages.

In the Opera he composed her songs so that the scansion of the melodic line involved copious amounts of disjunct motion.* The pitch of the singers notes literally jumped up and down, repeatedly throughout the whole of the soloists performances.

Because of the habitual manner she had developed with which she positioned her head to enable and facilitate her projected volume of tone. Inevitably, she had to repeatedly nod her head forward and downward and then thrust it backward and upward as she sang the notes, written like jumping beans. Note after note, after note, after note.

This created a unique effect in the soprano’s appearance, extremely similar to that of a chicken moving about, bobbing its head up and down, forward and back, as chickens are always prone to do.

Given that her dress and headwear hilariously complimented and vividly exaggerated this powerful visual effect, most especially the dynamics of her every head movement, Mozart’s music brilliantly achieved its intended result.

*With disjunct motion in a melodic line the pitch generally moves about from note to note in wide jumps, from low to high and high to low.

*With conjunct motion in a melodic line the pitch generally moves about in small movements around and about a specific note in particular. (Like the one note Samba).

• He used a quill, a primitive form of pen common to that era and predominantly white.

On a more serious note, its worth contemplating the ingenuity of Kemper in making the deliberate design choices they have.

Although the design of the Kemper "toaster" is a dramatically original concept with an iconic look to match its revolutionary, uniquely quintessential versatility.

Its easy under such circumstances to underestimate the value of the distinctive green colour is an on trend, in vogue colour that portrays the company's underlying values. The advent of a surge of awareness in ecological issues make it absolutely on point.

To be honest, although there would be a cost to this which I imagine is why they haven't done it As a purely consistent branding issue I feel all the accessories, including the leads should be green to reinforce the fundamental brand identity. Everything matters in product branding and when everything matches together perfectly there is a stronger aesthetic that is extremely satisfying for consumers.

Mozart would write lots of his ideas utilising short musical notations called "sketches". His wife threw literally hundreds of these away. But he would sketch out a basic idea, keep a lot in his head, and notate basic outlines to be filled in later and full orchestrated to complete the concept. In this respect, it seems to me he was little different to many composers today that use cassette and digital recorders to capture basic musical themes.

Indeed, the concept of laying down basic tracks in a recording studio today and building upon them, augmenting later with full orchestration appears to have been the most commonly used method of composing popular recordings for many a decade now. In 1961 the Shadows walked into EMI Abbey Rd. and recorded Wonderful Land then added a few overdubs on the drums and then left for a tour. When they got back their producer Norrie Paramour had added Strings and Horns and in early 1962 it went to Number 1 and stayed there for eight weeks. The fuller orchestral arrangement made a guitar groups sound appealing to a far wider age group and audience.

NEW * The Shadows - Wonderful Land (1962, Stereo) - YouTube

Its intriguing to contemplate that possibly some of us may have have more in common with Mozart than we would ever imagine, working in a similar manner, merely utilising the latest technology at our disposal.

(But I wrote my first major scores with a pen). :)

• Q: What's black and white, and red all over?

A: This thread that has gone off the color wheel.

:)

Indeed. And going off the color wheel is what keeps thing interesting. My father had two Masters degrees in engineering. He Taught me not to act too serious because if you know what you're doing you don't need to pretend to be stiff and "professional". He was not afraid to be silly, (like me), was not stiff and pretentious. Forums like this wouldn't exist if there wasn't a little fun involved too. I love it when things go off the wheel a bit. Then you see personality. This forum has the greatest bunch, an the answers are almost always delivered by people that know what they're talking about. After that, it can certainly "go off the color wheel". Perfect.

• Indeed. And going off the color wheel is what keeps thing interesting. My father had two Masters degrees in engineering. He Taught me not to act too serious because if you know what you're doing you don't need to pretend to be stiff and "professional". He was not afraid to be silly, (like me), was not stiff and pretentious. Forums like this wouldn't exist if there wasn't a little fun involved too. I love it when things go off the wheel a bit. Then you see personality. This forum has the greatest bunch, an the answers are almost always delivered by people that know what they're talking about. After that, it can certainly "go off the color wheel". Perfect.

I only stay on this forum for BayouTexan 's humour :)

• Either the OP disappeared thinking we're all a bunch of idiots (he hasn't been on since Saturday)......or he's going to come back to....this....

.....and see proof that we *are* a bunch of idiots..

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Perhaps it would prevent misunderstanding and help us understand each other better if we were all better communicators in the English language.

Like the man in the movie below.

The Two Ronnies Fork Handles - Now 1080p - March 2019 - YouTube

True story.

The large gentleman in the movie lived around the corner from me and after he became well known, we both used the same branch of bank in the city.

If you needed to speak to an advisor, they would take you upstairs to a private room. The eyes of everyone in the bank were on this famous celebrity, just as his very attractive young advisor came through a door and said to him: “would you like to follow me upstairs?”

“Very much so” he replied, it’s the best offer I have had in years!”

The whole bank erupted in laughter.

It’s the best medicine.

Another true story.

When I was a young man, the chap in the movie below, would come into where I worked, and act very strangely indeed.

It took me a while to work out what was happening, but it finally dawned on me that Mel Smith (Comedy Film Director) stood right out of the way, was watching me, watch Rowan Atkinson.

At the time, they were actually working out how people would respond to unusually funny situations. Creating a form of humour that involved virtually no language at all. Rather like Charlie Chaplin before the talkies.

If they could pull it off, this form of humour could successfully translate well across international boundaries, transcend national barriers and their regional languages, creating a readily understandable humour, involving few spoken words, for a worldwide audience.

The Dentist Chair | Funny Clips | Mr Bean Official - YouTube

Funnily enough, as it happens I attended a lecture given by a celebrated musician who actually worked with Charlie Chaplin.

Creating sound effects for his films, after the advent of the talkies.

It was sensational.