How to use 2 different monitors?

• Is it possible to use both of these at the same time for monitoring with an unpowered toaster?

Powered Kabinet

Marshall 50w combo (1x12) via Send input

I know they’ll sound different, but I’m ok with that: it’s just to get more sound into the room at band rehearsals, and a plus would be if I could use the toaster’s stereo effects across them.

I tried the Kab connected to my monitor out (my usual setup) and the Marshall via my Main out (left), but got no sound in the Marshall.

I do get sound in the Marshall if I connect it to the toaster’s monitor out, FYI. Sounds pretty nice, but then where to plugin the Kab?

Thanks for any advice!

Edited once, last by jackk100: Fix typo ().

• The Kabinet needs to go connect to the MONITOR Out due to the DSP required to use the imprints or make it flat for Full Range mode. No other output can provide that.

You could tick the Stereo Monitor option in the Output Menu and connect the Marshall to the Direct Out but in this scenario the Direct Out will be a second Monitor Out and will also receive the Imprint or Full Range EQ adjustment which will probably sound pretty bad (sub-optimal at best)

The other option is to not tick the Stereo Option and simply connect the Marshall to the Direct Out with the Output Source set to Master Right. In this case set the Monitor Out to Master Left but I still think it will be a pretty poor solution.

The best options are:

1 - turn down in the rehearsal room so that you don't nee to "get more sound into the room"

2 - get a second powered Kabinet

3 - get a pair of unpowered Kabinets and a stereo power amp

4 - plug the main outs into the PA in the rehearsal room. I typically don't even bother taking my Kabinet to rehearsals any more. I just plug into the main PA but don't send my signal through the monitor sends so it doesn't kill the vocals or brass players.

• To use both cabinets in mono, could I do this?

- turn off the Cabinet setting globally

- connect the powered Kabinet to the Monitor out, with an imprint selected and stereo unticked

- connect the Marshall to the Direct Out, with output source set to Master Mono

I may also try #4 (stereo to the PA).

I’m also curious about the Camplifier SHP (Stereo High Power) module for the unpowered toaster and then 2 appropriate cabinets. Hard to find any testimonials for that. Ultimately, I think I’m going to like guitar speakers more than Kones (after a year of using the Kabinet).