Can I use my Apollo preamp?

• Is it possible to use the mic preamps in my Apollo twin to profile an amp? If not what preamps are recommended? Does the quality of the preamp matter in the quality of the profile?

• That's very possible! The preamps in your Apollo will work just fine. If you are only using 1 mic, then you don't need an external preamp at all. Just plug directly into the Kemper. The quality only matters to the point that you have to like the sound of your preamps (neural or coloured) as that sound will be profiled as well.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• An iso booth would be ideal. I am currently building one for amps and vocals. You could easily use a 'do-it-yourself' 3 foot high 3-way folding panel with some treatment on it and placed behind the mic. Similar to what they use on vocal mics.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.