a clean and clear rig without clipping

• That’s exactly what I was trying to say in lots of words but you said it much better and much more succinctly 👍

I've worked in the debt collection industry for the last 15 years. I've spent more time than I care to admit thinking of ways to explain process improvement in simple terms.

"Do you want your customers to pay you on time?" Yeah. "You need to do something like 'this'." But I don't wanna change!! "Then keep working 80 hours to compensate for lost profit." But I don't wanna!!! /return to start

That's oversimplified......but not much. :)

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• I have a Gibson LP and it's hard to get a really clean and clear sound like a Rickenbacker, having enough volume without clipping. Is there such a rig? I'm looking for something like in Talking in your sleep (Romantics). When I have found one it's not really clear with enough high

I can tell you the tone on that album is difficult to get. Live I use a MB profile that comes with the Kemper as it is the closet thing I've used and found easily. (One of the cleanest /13) On the album he used a Rickenbacker and a HiWatt. It sounded real thin so they triple tracked it. I love the clean sounds on "In Heat" and I've spent a lot of time attempting to mimic them.I consider those sounds somewhat of a goal to achive and a prime example of perfect clean sound. Sometimes I play some songs on that album with a Les paul custom with 498s. With that profile and a little compression & delay doubler I can get about as close as I feel I can with that guitar. Single coils MUCH better but sometimes our set clicks off so fast, I don't have time to switch guitars in certain situations so I just have to make do. If I had my way, I would use a tele or a guitar that splits the bridge pickup but I don't let that dictate what guitar I'm using . I hear people using distorted sounds for those songs sometimes and it irritates me knowing that to me so well. I get WAY closer than that using that profile tweaked. It's not the "super clean" that makes that tone, it's the punch,compression and stacking. Sometimes super clean can be very anemic, and there is a big area to experiment between ultra clean and light crunch tones.

• Hi Wheresthedug, You're absolutely right about me on all fronts. It's sometimes a struggle to get exactly what I want . I can read a manual as much as I like but several times I struggle too to really understand what a number of terms mean and how they influence each other (in the wrong way...) I know my Enlish but often you lose me in this matter, so I try too keep it simple.

I have a volume of 972 rigs and a backup of many more. I can use a lot of them for gigs but you and others undoubtedly will sound much better, more profound and more professional (no offense!) It's the engineer against the amateur.

• I can tell you the tone on that album is difficult to get. Live I use a MB profile that comes with the Kemper as it is the closet thing I've used and found easily. (One of the cleanest /13) On the album he used a Rickenbacker and a HiWatt. It sounded real thin so they triple tracked it. I love the clean sounds on "In Heat" and I've spent a lot of time attempting to mimic them.I consider those sounds somewhat of a goal to achive and a prime example of perfect clean sound. Sometimes I play some songs on that album with a Les paul custom with 498s. With that profile and a little compression & delay doubler I can get about as close as I feel I can with that guitar. Single coils MUCH better but sometimes our set clicks off so fast, I don't have time to switch guitars in certain situations so I just have to make do. If I had my way, I would use a tele or a guitar that splits the bridge pickup but I don't let that dictate what guitar I'm using . I hear people using distorted sounds for those songs sometimes and it irritates me knowing that to me so well. I get WAY closer than that using that profile tweaked. It's not the "super clean" that makes that tone, it's the punch,compression and stacking. Sometimes super clean can be very anemic, and there is a big area to experiment between ultra clean and light crunch tones.

Great story Dynochrome! You'r digging in deep! You know how to get somewhere!:thumbup:

By the way , Is this the full name: MB13. Rig Manager doesn't recognize this profile.