How do I get on private forum?

• I got my Stage today and now I have the serial number etc. when I signed up with the forum I didn't have that info. How do I get all that info entered in now to be able to get on the private forum?

• Oh man! He will know all our secrets now. Like how we taught EVH and Jimmy Page how to play guitar. And how we taught Gene Simmons to stick out his tongue. And how we taught Ozzy to eat bats...

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Quote: “Like how we taught EVH and Jimmy Page how to play guitar. And how we taught Gene Simmons to stick out his tongue.

The drummer that is featured on most of my older recordings was part of an elite group of session musicians that regularly featured Jimmy Page. They both first met in nearby Aylesbury when the drummer heard Jim playing with Neil Christian and the Crusaders.

Li'l Jim lived in Epsom and would regularly use the Railway/Tube/Underground to attend recording sessions in London Studios. Sometimes his amp would stay at the studio, other times it would travel with him on public transport.

Like me, Jim didn't, drive so would at time spend overnight at Bob's place sleeping on the couch, as I and others did at times too. Sometimes the group of session players featured John Paul Jones or Brian Odgers.

Anyway, my friend had a cine camera and filmed Jim turning up for a recording at Olympic Studios with his guitar fresh from his travels on public transport.

Jimmy Page - Outside Olympic Studios, 1965 (Filmed by Bobby Graham) - YouTube

Led Zeppelin's Jimmy Page - June 1963 interview - YouTube

Some years ago before I retired, a brand I was associated with launching tied up with Gene Simmonds and his band KISS to promote the work of a charitable organisation through auctioning some custom built products with a unique paint finish.

As you pointed out.

We do what we can to encourage and help others to get on…

Which is what this excellently moderated forum, is really all about. Thank you for all the help I have received!

• As a total aside, and way off-topic: You can say anything negative you want about the band KISS. There's a lot to choose from.

Love 'em or hate 'em......They worked *hard* to make sure people got their money's worth. The number of Rock musicians they influenced is absurd.

Were it not for KISS, Rush (far and away my favorite band, ever) may never have been who they became. KISS were the first to bring them on tour in the states. Geddy and Alex credit KISS' work-ethic with teaching them how its done.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• As a total aside, and way off-topic: You can say anything negative you want about the band KISS. There's a lot to choose from.

Love 'em or hate 'em......They worked *hard* to make sure people got their money's worth. The number of Rock musicians they influenced is absurd.

Were it not for KISS, Rush (far and away my favorite band, ever) may never have been who they became. KISS were the first to bring them on tour in the states. Geddy and Alex credit KISS' work-ethic with teaching them how its done.

I have a cool Rush story. I Saw the first night of the Permanent waves tour (August 17, 1979) I think Hot Mama Silver opened. We were hanging around backstage and up to that point I knew every Rush song on every album. I heard them rehearsing a song they played 2nd song that night. I nudged my buddy, "Hey this is a new tune". I thought Geddy was singing "freewheel". (freewill) So I was the first to ever hear it live. That concert was amazing, Alex with his 355 & red shirt made all kinds of faces, just feeling every note(he quit doing that for some reason). I'll never forget when he went into the solo on 2112, the crowd went wild. That concert had a HUGE effect on me.

• I have a cool Rush story. I Saw the first night of the Permanent waves tour (August 17, 1979) I think Hot Mama Silver opened. We were hanging around backstage and up to that point I knew every Rush song on every album. I heard them rehearsing a song they played 2nd song that night. I nudged my buddy, "Hey this is a new tune". I thought Geddy was singing "freewheel". (freewill) So I was the first to ever hear it live. That concert was amazing, Alex with his 355 & red shirt made all kinds of faces, just feeling every note(he quit doing that for some reason). I'll never forget when he went into the solo on 2112, the crowd went wild.

That's epic.

I saw them over a dozen times. I was at the Cleveland, Ohio show that became their Time Machine Live DVD. The final time was in Columbus, Ohio for the R40 tour.

I was completely sober, so there were no rose-colored glasses to get in the way.

Without reservation - that was the best sounding and well played show I'd seen them do. I still can't believe how *good* they were that night. 40+ years of performing..... and they tore the roof off the joint. They never just 'went through the motions'.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche