Help starting and Sorting out with a Second Hand Stage

• Sorry I'm posting so many threads. Im just getting started here and appreciate all the support so far. I hate to say it just because I've spent so many years on the other side...BUT, this Kemper is significantly better sounding right out of the box than my Fractal FM9.

My question is, I bought a used Stage from someone and am having trouble sorting out what is stock and what is third party profiles. I was going to just restore the unit back to factory settings and start from scratch but I don't want to erase any possible profiles that aren't stock. the past user doesn't know what is on here so they aren't any help.

When I go to browse mode there are only about 180 amps to choose from. Im guessing a lot are missing.

Is there a way to see what I'm missing and what I may have that's extra?

In rig manager I see folders for Rig exchange, Local Library and Rig Packs. Im not sure if rig packs were purchased or stock.

Edited once, last by Amcolan ().

• I would without a doubt, copy all of the stuff off the Stage with Rig Manager and reset the unit to factory and the latest OS release, then only copy rigs that blow your mind onto the Stage.

• I would without a doubt, copy all of the stuff off the Stage with Rig Manager and reset the unit to factory and the latest OS release, then only copy rigs that blow your mind onto the Stage.

This is my thought as well.

As for Rig Manager - make sure you select “My Profiler”, or whatever name it currently is.

This is what is on the unit, vs what’s in your computer. This is true for Rigs, Presets and Performances.

Personal Pro Tip:

Rigs in a performance are totally independent of Rigs in Browse. Move and tweak existing Rigs in a Perfomance. That way you don’t risk overwriting the original.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Edited once, last by Ruefus ().

• so there isn't a way to see a list of rigs that are in my browser or performance while looking at rig manager? I don't see any rigs listed in my local library folders. Do I have to extract each rig out of each performance individually?

• You need to look at the Performance itself in RM or on the unit. Browse and Performance are 100% independent of each other.

If there are folders under the Local, click those. A quirk with RM is that upper folders don't show the contents of folders underneath it.

• For example.....

In the image below, if you click Local Library under All Rigs, it will not show the contents of New Folder or The Amp Factory folders underneath it.

EDIT: Also - not seeing rigs under Local Library just means you haven't loaded any rigs onto your computer's hard drive yet.

17613-b5447c55-45d7-4c8c-ad4c-2ff95a285bef-jpeg

• none of my local folders have rigs in them that are found within the performances. the only way I can find to get those rigs in my local folders is to open a performance and drag them into a local folder one by one. Is there a way to sync them to a local folder?

what I don't get is that when I go to browser or performances page on the unit and turn the browse knob, all the same amps show up in there and none of those amps are anywhere in the folders in rig manager. only within 1-5 on performances.

• Where do I need to put all these rigs in rig manager so that I don't lose them when I reset to factory settings?

I have all these rig packs in my rig manager. Are all these stock? will I lose these if I reset to factory settings? I'm not sure how they could be from the unit I bought if I didn't sign into their personal rig manager and these aren't on my physical unit.

• none of my local folders have rigs in them that are found within the performances. the only way I can find to get those rigs in my local folders is to open a performance and drag them into a local folder one by one. Is there a way to sync them to a local folder?

what I don't get is that when I go to browser or performances page on the unit and turn the browse knob, all the same amps show up in there and none of those amps are anywhere in the folders in rig manager. only within 1-5 on performances.

You shouldn't have anything in the local folders if you're just getting started.

You can drag entire performances to the local folder under performances and then view those rigs in RM. You don't see a list of rigs as you would in Browse. Click on a performance and you'll see the contents of the 5 slots at the right. Click on any one and that Rig loads.

Connected to RM - clicking My Profiler will show you what is on the unit itself. That's the 'sync' file (of a sort). It isn't accessible when the Profiler isn't connected, though. You can drag those to a local folder, but those will then be independent of the Profiler's copy.

• All of those are part of the rig packs. Basically, those are in the cloud and will always be available via Rig Manager. You'll only lose what's on the Profiler if you do a reset. The local folders will also be unaffected. Only what appears in My Profiler will be altered/deleted.

• So all I have to do is drag the 25 or so performances that have the Tone junkie rigs in them to the Local folder and those will be saved so I can go through them later? then I can reset?

Does local folder refer to the pedal hardware or the computer being used?

• Yep. Drag & drop and you should be fine.

Local folders refer to the computer's memory and is independent of the Profiler.

• That's what I'd do.

FWIW - you'll need a USB stick, but you can perform a backup of the Profiler as a "Just in case" for data. You'll need to format the USB stick, so you'll lose any existing data on it. Y'know....in case it all goes sideways anyway. :)

Same goes for Rig Manager, but that's an option in the app menu at the top and will save to your hard drive.