Need Bryan Adam's sound "Run To You"

• I'm after a profile for the Bryan Adam's track "Run To You"

I've got something similar using compressor, Delay and Reverb but it's not quite there.

I realise I'll never get the exact sound as I have humbucker guitars and I think that was played on a SSS Strat.

• I guess you're going to use it for cover the song live? Use whatever sounds good enough. No listener will care anyway. I mean he didn't have the same exact sound live as on the album either.

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• The guy takes a long time to get there.....but he does talk through how he gets the tone, and it's quite good.

It is a single-coil sound, but the right Profile and/or possibly a Treble Booster in the X slot may help. I love using the TB, always below 5 on the tone. I play with the mix more than anything else to add brightness. It's like a one-knob EQ. (I personally despise using an EQ other than what's in the amp section).

EDIT: I totally forgot the link !!!!

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Edited once, last by Ruefus ().

• I guess you're going to use it for cover the song live? Use whatever sounds good enough. No listener will care anyway. I mean he didn't have the same exact sound live as on the album either.

Correct and yeah I think your probably right but I like to get as close to the original as I can, otherwise I'd just grab a Marshall Tube amp and sell the Kemper lol. I have the Kemper Stage Floor so may as well use it to it's full potential.

• Thanks for that - helps a lot - I will look into the TB and see what it can do for me.

• I think on the original recording they tuned the guitars 2 steps up and play it open. They probably still play open but on standard tuning as we all know the high notes are harder to sing the older you get lol

What a great song! No big surprise here... look at this... it's from a 2014/2015 DVD, Live in Toronto. Screenshot taken while they played Run To You. Both, Bryan and Keith, use a capo here 8)

• I think on the original recording they tuned the guitars 2 steps up and play it open. They probably still play open but on standard tuning as we all know the high notes are harder to sing the older you get lol

I'd say they definitely tuned the guitars up a full step. Live video from '93. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the did that specifically for the look (and sound) of open-strings.

(7) Bryan Adams - Run to You (Live at Farm Aid 1993) - YouTube

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• I don't have any specific settings for you, but the clean chorus sound is exactly that. Should not be too hard to dial up as you mentioned you are close. I hear some delay on that sound as well.

The 'solo' break is a two guitar harmony part that you could easily dial on the Kemper. The tone is pretty hot(switch to higher gain profile or medium distortion) with a longer delay. The delay is key and helps smooth out the sound and also helps to get the transition of the held notes into feedback. Of course, you also need enough volume and gain to get to the feedback point.

If it were me, I'd start with a couple Vox profiles or possibly a Plexi type for the hotter section.

Edited once, last by lbieber ().

• I don’t want to be that guy and it’s a great sound but just to get pedantic the line is wrong in that demo. That fella from the forum, Diogo, had some pretty nice Maz profiles on the rig exchange that might get close.

A brace of Suhrs, a Charvel, a toaster, an Apollo twin, a Mac, and a DXR10

• Here's my take, MBritt Fried from the Crank'n'go pack, some CE1 vintage chorus and Dual Delay tape. it's a coil split Suhr Humbucker and would have more bite with a Strat I think.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

A brace of Suhrs, a Charvel, a toaster, an Apollo twin, a Mac, and a DXR10