How to setup a lead/solo using morphing?

• I think you all are missing something. All the effects have a mix control. You can accomplish the same thing as turning an effect on or off by setting the mix to zero in the base state and whatever other percentage in the morph state. This way you can morph somethings while simultaneously turning other things off by morphing for zero to 100 or zero to whatever.
    so for example, you want the delay off in the base state, leave the delay block ON, but set the mix of the delay effect to Zero. Hit the morph button and set the mix of the delay to whatever you want it for the solo, say 45%.
    You can effectively turn on or off any effect with way with morph using the mix control. Even better, I find it helpful that if I want a more prominent delay for part of a song, leaving just a little of it mixed in when I don’t sometimes makes the transition smoother, since I’m not complete bypassing the effect.

obviously, as others pointed out, you could just copy and paste the rig into another slot in the performance and tweak it different for that part. However I found it useful for a while to put all the sounds I need for a particular song in just one Rig when possible. Utilizing morph this way gives me two completely different combos if effects with just one button press. Often times I could fit four or five songs worth of Rig into a single performance. Given that I also use the ducking parameter set to about 1.0, I find I often don’t turn by delays on and off mid song as my playing style naturally takes care of it.

• I understand the concept of changing the mix but by changing the mix to zero on the non morph setting it then turns off the effect and doesn’t allow that effect to be used in non morphing mode. If I want to still turn that effect on with the effect switch I can’t anymore.

• I understand the concept of changing the mix but by changing the mix to zero on the non morph setting it then turns off the effect and doesn’t allow that effect to be used in non morphing mode. If I want to still turn that effect on with the effect switch I can’t anymore.

Best way is to just copy and paste the rig into another slot in the performance.
    however, If you want to also be able to use the delay when not soloing and not change rigs you could do this:

Place the delay and reverb in their dedicated slots, and the drive model in one of the a,b,c, or d slots Use the mix settings for each to effectively turn then on and off, the delay and OD would be set to zero in the base state while the reverb is set to whatever percent you what it at. In morph state turn the verb down and the delay and OD up.
    step 2 place the same delay model in the Mod slot. Assign it to a back row switch, but then turn the effect off with the button. Also assign the main delay to this foot switch, but then keep that delay on. Hit save. Then this switch toggles both delays, when one is on the other is off.
    now if you are in the base state the main delay is effectively off because the mix is at zero. But you can turn on the identical delay with the toggle switch. If you want to go to your lead sound with the morph switch, it doesn’t matter which delay is toggled on. If the one in the mod slot is on, then the main delay with the morphed mix is switched off, and it won’t matter if the mix is “morphed” to 45% or whatever. One catch is that if you go back to the base state from herein this scenario, the delay in the mod slot will still be on until you manually turn it off. Another is that it uses up the mod block for this rig and the delay in that block won’t spillover if you go to another rig. But if your goal is to stay put in that rig for the whole song, that shouldn’t be an issue.

*edit: if spillover was a concern you could put the solo delay in the mod slot and the one you’d like to toggle in the base state in the dedicated delay slot. Whichever one you’d most likely need to go directly to another Rig from.

Edited once, last by Grooguit ().

• Thought of another option. Skip using morph. Assign the reverb and od to one foot switch, with od off and reverb on hit save. Assign the delay to an adjacent footswitch. Then you can toggle it with the one switch. If going to solo and delay is already on, just hit the switch that toggles the od and reverb. If the delay was off and you wanted to go to a solo, hit both adjacent buttons at the same time.

over time I’ve tended to find it easier to utilize five main combos of sounds I need across the five performance rigs. If I need more than that, I create additional versions with instant morph. Then ten combinations of sounds are never more than a quick double tap away on one front row switch. For example if I’m in the morph state of Rig 4, I can jump to the morphed state of Rig 1 by hitting footswitch 1 two times real quick. If I find myself needing to get to the morphed state of that rig often while in other rigs, I probably should have that sound as the bass state of one of my five performance rigs. Or tweak a copy of the performance.

• The answer based on how you describe it is no, mainly because morph cannot switch effects on or off. In addition, the same effect can't have multiple states, so you would need to duplicate the effect to be able to switch on and off like a stomp AND have a morphable effect - if you have enough slots, then its possible.

I do have boosted versions of each slot to give me lead type changes but I don't add multiple effects options into that so its really about having multiple versions of the same effect.

This is not my experience at all. I have just tried reverb at Mix 0% and at a higher value in Morph, and it seems to work.

Kemper Powered Head / Stage / Powered Kabinet

• I want two different delay mixes for the same delay. One higher mix for lead and one lower mix to be able to use the delay for a rhythm if need be. I want the delay to be connected to an instant access switch to be able to turn it on or off at will while at the lower mix and not in morphing mode.

TBH, you just want a bit too much at the same time ;)

Essentially, you need to make a decision: do you want to use Morph to change between "flavors" of the same slot - then use morph on the mix parameter to turn effects on or off between "base" and "lead" settings. But then switching effects on and off "manually" via the stomp buttons will mess up your morph mechanism.

OTOH, if you want "rhythm" and "lead" settings, plus the ability to manually switch effects in and out, you'll need to use separate slots for rhythm and lead.

Can't have your cake AND eat it...

• Another thing to try is to set the ducking parameter to 1.0 or so and just leave the delay on all the time. Then it stays out of the way while you’re doing rhythm stuff. Worth playing around when anyway. I never thought I’d like such an effect and now I’m hooked.