How to copy and paste just a stack from a rig to a performance slot.

• I setup performance slot 1 with a clean amp and set all the effects the way i want them. I then copied and pasted this performance to all 5 slots. I did this so I can have all the same effects setup and then all I have to do is swap out the amp/cab.

I want to do 5 different amps. One for each slot with all the same effects.

I’ve been watching videos and reading the manual but cannot figure out how to copy and paste only the stack. When I go to a profile I like in the in one of the folders, right click and copy. It won’t let me paste it to just the stack.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

• I would go about this a different way.

You don’t need to copy the FX to each slot. Instead just Lock them temporarily. There is even the option through the right click mouse button to Lock All But Amp. I would do this then manually unlock the Cab.

Not simply browse amps until you find what you want. When you save the Rig the locked FX will be saved too. Do this for all 5 slots and save. Now right click and Unlock All. Everything will,functional as normal with all the correct amps and FX.

• What if the amp I want to use is inside another performance? Will it only extract that stack?

Also, I have some rigs that are on my local library. I dragged it over to My profiler but when i go to browser on the Kemper it isn’t in there.

I’m so confused on how to navigate all these folder between presets, performance, local and profiler.

• Don't worry about asking questions. The Profiler is a deep box of stuff. A lot of times with its own, shall we say....esoteric way of doing things.

If you lock something, that holds everywhere you go. Maybe not between Browse and Performance mode (I either forget or never tried). But locking something in Performance mode will keep those settings across all performances and slots. Simply switch to the next slot, save the peformance with the new stack. Repeat as many times as you need. Then remove the lock (assuming you don't want the same amp and settings for everything) and each slot will retain the same stack values.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• how can I start saving Stack presets that I like to use them later? I tried saving stacks in a folder in the preset local section but I can't access those from the unit. I tried copying and pasting the stack from there but it doesn't seem to work this way either. Im guess im not organizing these rigs properly.

Im trying to make it to where I can I can start saving AMP/Cabs that I will use most often so that I can simply drag it into a performance slot when making a new performance.

• If you are using RM I would setup a folder under presets then drag and copy the cabs, amps or what ever EFX preset you like. Then you can drag it into any EFX slot, amp or cab that you want to change.

• how can I start saving Stack presets that I like to use them later? I tried saving stacks in a folder in the preset local section but I can't access those from the unit. I tried copying and pasting the stack from there but it doesn't seem to work this way either. Im guess im not organizing these rigs properly.

Im trying to make it to where I can I can start saving AMP/Cabs that I will use most often so that I can simply drag it into a performance slot when making a new performance.

If you haven't already then perhaps keep a copy of the manual in the loo? :). You'll find the answers to all your questions in there. And probably a few things you didn't know the unit could do for you! It's a great read.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• If you are using RM I would setup a folder under presets then drag and copy the cabs, amps or what ever EFX preset you like. Then you can drag it into any EFX slot, amp or cab that you want to change.

I believe that's what I'm doing. I have a preset folder under local presets and I named it stacks. Then I save the stacks in there. One thing I don't get is where I'm supposed to drag it. The stack is both an amp and cab together correct. If I drag it to the amp block won't the cab be missing? or do I have to drag the same file to both the amp and cab block separately and it will load the correct file to that block?

• If you haven't already then perhaps keep a copy of the manual in the loo? :). You'll find the answers to all your questions in there. And probably a few things you didn't know the unit could do for you! It's a great read.

I read through it twice. it doesn't seem to have any answers to some of the more detailed questions. it pretty basic info. Im finding more help from videos and the forum to be honest.

• I read through it twice. it doesn't seem to have any answers to some of the more detailed questions. it pretty basic info. Im finding more help from videos and the forum to be honest.

The main Manual? All but not basic. Not talking about the one that comes with the unit, but this one:

https://www.kemper-amps.com/downloads/5/User-Manuals#

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• I'm doing something wrong. I locked everything except the amp and cab. I went to a rig in the local library, copied and pasted the rig to the performance. It completely overwrites the amp for all 5 slots on my performance. just lost all my settings AHH

• Can someone walk me through this please?
    i have dry Rigs from Glenn Deluane. Right now they are in my local library or on my desktop in a download folder.

How do I simply take the stack and add it to the stack on only one of my rigs of my performance? Then I want to take other stacks and add it to the remaining rigs of the same performance.

Attempted to lock all except the stack. Then I doubled clicked on the rig in my local library. That seems to add the rig to the slot. But then after saving it it shows up in all the other rigs of that performance. What am I doing wrong here?

Is it rig manager that’s the issue here and causing problems?

• You have to copy the amp and cab individually. A rig contains everything.

Sorry you're having issues.

• Hmmmm..... A video showing you this would save a thousand words.

I may have some time to throw one together later tonight. Unless one of the Kemper Faithful has or knows of one?

• There are definitely some bugs with rig manager. I can drag the same stack preset in twice in a row and it will show me two different amps initially then the same amp every time after that.

• Do what I suggested above regarding Lock All But Amp and Cabinet.

Now open a second RM window and go to the Local Library for Rigs (not presets) and drag and drop a new Rig into Slot 1 of a performance. The Amp and Cabinet will change to reflect the new Rig but the FX will stay unchanged as they are locked.

If you do it by dragging Amp and Cab presets you need to A) make sure you make a preset of the amps and cab you need. B) Copy the Amp to the Amp block B) copy the Cabinet to the cabinet block. They will copy as expected but it may not be obvious at the Rig Name in Slot 1 may not update. However if you look at the breadcrumbs in the bottom left hand corner you will see the name of the new amp and cabinet.

• Still not sure what I'm doing wrong here. I opened two windows. I have all effects locked. I tried to drag the rig file from local library from the second window into slot 3, nothing. tried to drag to the amp or cab block. Nothing. the only way I can ever get the rig to load to the slot is by double clicking it but that seems to screw things up somewhere along the line.

• I had my performance set the exact way I wanted it. I saved it and even copied it to a second preset just incase. I locked everything and somehow after trying to drag things around all my effects are reverted back to how they were before I saved them. Even the copied preset. Blocks are moved around. Something is up with this thing. Does rig manager usually have bugs and issues? I don't know what else could be screwing everything else up except the program.