How to copy and paste just a stack from a rig to a performance slot.

• Still not sure what I'm doing wrong here. I opened two windows. I have all effects locked. I tried to drag the rig file from local library from the second window into slot 3, nothing. tried to drag to the amp or cab block. Nothing. the only way I can ever get the rig to load to the slot is by double clicking it but that seems to screw things up somewhere along the line.

That’s strange. I am on a Mac too and I double checked it works last night before replying. It all worked as expected for me several times before I posted.

If you down arrow from the Perform (not left or right arrow) is the Headphone Icon RED. It looks like it will be from your screen shot but just check.

Rig manager doesn’t usually have a lot of bugs but it seem unintuitive to lots of people as nearly all the ‘bugs’ turn out to be user error. I used to think it was full of bugs when making performances until support look into it and found that I was only single clicking on a new performance before starting to load rigs. This selects the performance but doesn’t load it into the edit buffer. You need to Double click so that the performance is loaded and shows on the KPA screen. Not doing this is the single most common cause of flakey performances. If you don’t double click (the headphone icon will be green instead of red in this case) then any changes you try an make won’t appear to have done anything. However, they have actually been loaded into what ever performance is still loaded in the edit buffer. This would be a different name showing on the KPA screen and a red headphone icon next to another performance.

I “naturally “ assumed that right clicking and creating a new performance would also load this performance read to edit but it doesn’t. Once the new performance has been created you then need to Double Click to load it before doing anything else.

• I figured out part of the problem. the whole effects chain changes even when its locked. It doesn't overwrite my saved preset, but it won't revert back to how it was until I unlock everything and then it goes back to how I had it.

• I figured out part of the problem. the whole effects chain changes even when its locked. It doesn't overwrite my saved preset, but it won't revert back to how it was until I unlock everything and then it goes back to how I had it.

i’m not sure I understand what you are saying but I’m glad to hear you are making progress 👍