Headrush Prime

• And here we go again, they call it Amp Clone, we call it profiling.

[/YOUTUBE.]

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    [/YOUTUBE.]

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• another video:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

sounds ok to me, but the design... it still looks like plastic. And way too much features for my taste.

Thomann has it listed already for 1250€.

• All of you looking for a Kemper 2 or other just need to realize that Kemper got it right the first time. I whole-heartedly believe this. And I am only using a fraction of what the Kemper can do.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• It actually seems like a pretty cool unit that some will appreciate. While it looks a lot like a Helix, it seems to take some inspiration from the kpa, beyond profiling that is. For one, they prioritized no audio gap and spillover of wet effects between presets, while giving you a respectable 14 effect blocks per preset. That's more like KPA with 5-Rig performances, than the QC or Helix with their mammoth presets and big audio gaps between. You can organize presets into "songs." It looks like you can also have individual effect presets, which is more like the KPA, as well as a looper that's always available vs. one you need to save DSP and manually add when you want to use it like QC and Helix. It expands this by having a practice tool and metronome.

The deal killer, like every all-in-one unit ever created except the KPA, is the need to manually adjust volume after adjusting gain on amps. I don't know why so few people seem to appreciate this, I feel like I'm the only person that ever mentions this. Forget touch screens and editors, there's nothing more time consuming in all-in-ones than having to manually adjust volume after making gain changes.

To be fair, having glanced through the manual, compared to all the other units, this is the most similar to kpa logic, in finding smart ways to do things that jive with the way my brain works. I'd prefer it to a QC or Helix. The price point is a major advantage as well. If I wanted an all-in-one other than the KPA (which is still king for a number of reasons) this would be what I would buy.

curios to others thoughts. At some point, Line 6 will have to get into the profiling/capturing world. When they do, do you think they'll role out a new flagship all-in-one, or will they integrate it as a feature upgrade in the Helix? I'm almost wondering if they'll do the later. If you like the way the Helix operates (personally there's things I love and hate about it) it's a great unit and aside from the lack of touch screen seems to go to to toe with the QC in terms of DSP, and would be an upgrade in many ways over the QC if it could only capture/profile amps. (Actually, I'd buy this generations's Helix LT with a Tonex in the loop over the QC.)

• Regarding Line6 knowing them they will release a new flagship with even more bells and whistles. So many options nowadays it's amazing.

Regarding Kemper, they are still the leading company imho regarding stage readyness, reliabilty ! The sounds are still there after all these years. ok they could get into more fancy stuff as the beautifull screen of the prime. But in the end it just looks cool and is easy to navigate. I barely adjust setting on the kemper, once the performances are set it just plug and play ...

Imagine that they would come with a new firmware blasting the competition in space with new capturing tech (or oversampling or whatever you need to make something sounding even better then it already is) and still on the old tech from 10yrs ago :o

The only reason to choose other brands besides looks en UI would be to get a more flexible chain, 4 stomps , 4 fx is kinda limited, but not for me I don't use these complex parralel path and stuff like that. I keep it basic and it sound amazing .. having more options would be tweaking galore until you get sick of it anyway

plug and play ! That what I love

Raf

ps : one thing that also strikes me is that all these companies can use kempers basic principle to capture amps (with the space sounds being generated), and they get away with this ... component modelling is one thing but this is plain piracy of how to achieve a capture of a certain tone

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp

• ...The deal killer, like every all-in-one unit ever created except the KPA, is the need to manually adjust volume after adjusting gain on amps. I don't know why so few people seem to appreciate this, I feel like I'm the only person that ever mentions this. Forget touch screens and editors, there's nothing more time consuming in all-in-ones than having to manually adjust volume after making gain changes.

I've seen you mention this in other posts and have never understood it? It does not reflect my exprience. Changing rig gain does change volume in my experience. And my sound meter(C or A weighted) agrees with my ears. Perhaps your experience is different due to your comments regarding clean sense, which I admit I don't understand fully. I read many conflicting posts about what exactly clean sense and distortion sense do. I suppose I should go to the Kemper video about this and then work with the unit to finally figure it out.

• I've seen you mention this in other posts and have never understood it? It does not reflect my exprience. Changing rig gain does change volume in my experience. And my sound meter(C or A weighted) agrees with my ears. Perhaps your experience is different due to your comments regarding clean sense, which I admit I don't understand fully. I read many conflicting posts about what exactly clean sense and distortion sense do. I suppose I should go to the Kemper video about this and then work with the unit to finally figure it out.

If Clean Sens is set correctly increasing the gain will not change the overall volume.

I agree with Grooguit, it’s one of the many features where the Profiler excels and where users of other solutions never heard that a thing like this is even possible.

• I hope someone follows the fractal grid with a touch screen personally. Surely it won't be too long before tonex is a multi effects as well. Mooer and others below or around that quality and price range are sure to follow along eventually. For sure though, if line6 puts out a capture and modeling multi device the size of the stomp and xl it will slay. Would be great if Kemper follows headrush in the sense of the mx5 to some degree all the same power but with less buttons and ins and outs. People have been screaming for a Kemper mini and a Kemper 2 for sometime now.

• To me the headrush gigboard is the perfect sized tool ... hope for something in that line from kemper ...

But indeed looking at blackstar amped2 , bluguitar, ... it starts getting tough to make choices. however kemper imho is still king !

They have to come up with something that will keep them on the top spot for the following 10 yrs again :)

Raf

Kemper stage with 2 mission pedals (in a Thon line 6 FBV case) and a Zilla 212 (K-100/V30) , SD powerstage 700 poweramp

• I've seen you mention this in other posts and have never understood it? It does not reflect my exprience. Changing rig gain does change volume in my experience. And my sound meter(C or A weighted) agrees with my ears. Perhaps your experience is different due to your comments regarding clean sense, which I admit I don't understand fully. I read many conflicting posts about what exactly clean sense and distortion sense do. I suppose I should go to the Kemper video about this and then work with the unit to finally figure it out.

go to a mid to high gain profile. Lower the amps gain to zero or anywhere in between. You have a cleaner version of the amp at basically the same volume, instead of having to noodle around with the volume to get it to match, then wondering if you got it right and having to go to another rig for comparison.

if your KpA isn’t functioning like this, go to the clean sens settings and adjust (higher power pickups needs negative settings, lower power like single coils need positive. The test that you got it right, lower or raising the amps gain doesn’t affect volume much.

• at the end of day it doesn't matter which gear you use, the point is.

If you know your gear and can handle it, there's no upgrade or change to an other newer item necessary. I use my kemper now 10 years and could dial in every possible soundpatches for my need. With an new gear, you'll have to dial in your sounds you prefer and start from zero. This means a lot of time where you tweak and tweak. Instead of this i practise and play guitar to get a better player. It's all in the fingers not in the gear. If you're an advaced player you can use an old pod and it will still sounds great in my opinion.

Cry Baby Slash Classic Wah -> KPA -> main to FOH ->KRK6 -> Monitor out DXR10 -> EXP DVP3 -> Remote: Guitars: Slash Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop - James Tyler Variax JTV59 - Epiphone Les Paul with EMG 81 - Furch GN2 Nylon -> Maybach Lester 60 -> Kemper Powered Cab -/ Focusrite Scarlett

• at the end of day it doesn't matter which gear you use, the point is.

If you know your gear and can handle it, there's no upgrade or change to an other newer item necessary. I use my kemper now 10 years and could dial in every possible soundpatches for my need. With an new gear, you'll have to dial in your sounds you prefer and start from zero. This means a lot of time where you tweak and tweak. Instead of this i practise and play guitar to get a better player. It's all in the fingers not in the gear. If you're an advaced player you can use an old pod and it will still sounds great in my opinion.

Recording in the box you often get people asking which is the best DAW.

Many times I see the response “the DAW you know”.

I think we are truly at the point that this response is now applicable to the digital amp world.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• The real concern withe the Headrush is the latency. 14ms, which stacks as you add captures/clones/profiles.

No bueno.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• The real concern withe the Headrush is the latency. 14ms, which stacks as you add captures/clones/profiles.

No bueno.

That reminds me a recording that I did as a favour to a friend back in 2012, running S-Gear out of a 6 years old Laptop and a crappy Tascam USB interface....I almost had to play up-tempo to get the timing right...no joke

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better