Kemper Legends Tribute Pack No. 4

• Awesome, nice surprise. Thanks Kemper Team & Thomas Dill! :thumbup:8)

Just downloaded it to have a look at the abbreviations of the names... great stuff in there. Thanks for listening to the community suggestions here in the forum. Definitely find some in there which I mentioned back in that thread, e.g. Jerry Cantrell, Pat Martino, Frank Zappa, Mark Tremonti, Billy Duffy, Keith Scott. How cool is that. Can't wait to try it out tonite :)

The Eric Johnson rig from the 3rd pack is still my go to Marshall sound since it came out. Great stuff.

• This is great indeed!

Just the pack content in Rig Manager for this new one seems to be wrong. It looks like there are the same 90 rigs as are in the combined Legends 1-3 pack.

• Mike Bloomfield in the house! An influential guitarist that is often overlooked. Caused by a combination of Hendrix' shadow, the fact that Michael wanted nothing to do with being a "star", and his suspicious and early death.

A white Jewish kid from the affluent side of Chicago who played in (and was accepted into) the Maxwell Street and South Side Blues scenes. The place where Muddy, Wolf, Willie Dixon, Hubert Sumlin, Buddy Guy and others made their names.

Bloomfield was in Bob Dylan's band when he went electric at the Newport Jazz Festival. A truly seminal moment in American music. His Tele can be heard all over that record. He was also the first American to embrace the '59 Les Paul Burst, after Clapton and others started using them.

Yeah.....I've read a little about the guy.... :saint:

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• The video...

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Not had a proper chance to download it yet, so thought I'd have a quick look at its contents....holy moly! Fantastic choice!

A bit of Vernon, Vai, Satch and Jerry! Yes...but that's not all.......

As someone in a Cult tribute and Bowie tribute...there are a few for me to check out and potentially gig!!!

Very happy bunny...

If there was only a Nuno profile then my life would be complete!!!

Thanks Thomas/Kemper team...

• I’ve tried some of the rigs. Super Cool!!

Most of our Requests have been included in this pack and more. Thank you Thomas and Kemper team!!

These rigs use free factory profiles. This is a proof that it is the archer not the arrow. It is the player not the profile.

• These rigs use free factory profiles. This is a proof that it is the archer not the arrow. It is the player not the profile.

So you are saying these profiles dont matter? No need to use them? If you are bad, these profiles will not help you? You should just sell your Kemper and move on?

Not sure what you are trying to say, but I think it is pro Kemper? ^^

• So you are saying these profiles dont matter? No need to use them? If you are bad, these profiles will not help you? You should just sell your Kemper and move on?

I think he's trying to say that the user (Thomas) makes the difference in obtaining the tone. And I agree that the factory rigs are pro level ones

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• I very much appreciate the tribute packs. One can analyze how TD solved the puzzle for specific songs/artists. This can help those who need to gain an understanding of how to tweak for certain sounds. It can also serve to validate what one might have already done. There are quite a few songs in the tribute packs that I have previously created for myself. I find a mixed bag of results. Some of mine are better while some of the tributes are better. I'm sure this is for various reasons including monitoring system, guitar, base profile, player, individual preference, etc... In any case, thanks to TD and Kemper for making these available.

• So you are saying these profiles dont matter? No need to use them? If you are bad, these profiles will not help you? You should just sell your Kemper and move on?

:) Most of the Factory content is based in samples of pro level commercial profilers. Regardless of free or paid stuff, each profiler has his own profiling style and signature sound, that you may or may not like.

In my case some profiles that Thomas used, didn’t get a WOW effect from me in the past, to my personal taste, but after checking what he did with them in the Tribute packs I smiled an immediately WOW,

• I really appreciate Thomas work, I really liked testing them ( remember to unlock all stomps & fx); thanks a lot for the efforts

video recording sound amazing but I was not really able to mimic them on my own system : slight differences in guitars (he used like 6 different classic guitars in this vid) , pickups , monitoring system and post daw made me think that's the limit of these hyper specialized rigs. I'll still use my rigs , but these make a very interesting educational course and show the unlimited power of the KPA

• I really appreciate Thomas work, I really liked testing them ( remember to unlock all stomps & fx); thanks a lot for the efforts

video recording sound amazing but I was not really able to mimic them on my own system : slight differences in guitars (he used like 6 different classic guitars in this vid) , pickups , monitoring system and post daw made me think that's the limit of these hyper specialized rigs. I'll still use my rigs , but these make a very interesting educational course and show the unlimited power of the KPA

My approach to these is quite different. I don't expect to mimic their sounds all that well. Different gear, different player, etc. I also don't look at these as "hyper-specialized". Yeah.....they're emulating a specific guitarist on a specific song. But I've rarely found someone else's "Artist" rigs to agree with what I think it should be. They're just someone else's opinion.

But to limit them as being just for that song and/or a demo? Nah.

I've burned a couple of hours noodling and finding inspiration with the Albert Collins and Danny Gatton rigs.

I also look at what Tom did to achieve his sounds. He's tweaked the amp controls (Definition etc.), as well as used EQ stomps quite effectively. Using EQ blocks is something I really suck at, so to be able to dissect someone else's positive results is great for me.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Yeah, its a bit of both for me...

As I'm in a Cult Tribute band, I was very excited to try the Billy Duffy sound....and its different to mine. His is probably more accurate, although I'll problem remain with mine or maybe an amalgam of the 2.

But some of the other asounds provide just good sounds as well....so I love em!

P.S. I asked for a Nuno profile but actually:

1) Unless it makes me play like him, Im not interested :)

2) Not sure I really like his sound