“Lock Rig / Performance” Would Be A Great Feature!

• If you mean the possibilty to Lock FX-slots per performance (so it works like normal pedal boards but you can have different effects/settings in different Performances) instead of Locking the whole unit this function has been asked for several times through the years but hasn’t been implemented so I guess there is no interest in offering that function.

No one seems to know why since this function could eliminate the need of extra FX units hooked up to the Kemper. Too bad since the sound is really good.

• Locking a Rig in terms of avoiding that another Rig could unintentionally get loaded via BROWSE knob or foot button is easy: Simply select a View that is either empty or just includes that one Rig. Load the Rig in question and change View to "Favorites". If there is no (other) favorite Rig, you cannot accidentally switch to another Rig. The same applies to View "Just Bass" if there is no other bass Rig.

I had provided this suggestion in the other thread already. Have you tried? What is wrong with this simple approach? Takes three seconds.

• This is my opinion - and that's all it is. It's your money.

If one rig/performance and their associated effects are all you're going to use, why bother with a Profiler?

It's like buying a Ferrari and only driving it in 25mph zones, once on the third Sunday....in June. You can do it....but what an incredible waste of capability.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Edited once, last by Ruefus ().

• Locking a Rig in terms of avoiding that another Rig could unintentionally get loaded via BROWSE knob or foot button is easy: Simply select a View that is either empty or just includes that one Rig. Load the Rig in question and change View to "Favorites". If there is no (other) favorite Rig, you cannot accidentally switch to another Rig. The same applies to View "Just Bass" if there is no other bass Rig.

I had provided this suggestion in the other thread already. Have you tried? What is wrong with this simple approach? Takes three seconds.

I agree with this. However, I also stumbled across something recently which would be useful AND as a side effect would solve the OP’s issue.

Buttons such as Looper and Tap can be re assigned to other purposes. It would be great if rig up/down could also be assigned to other functions. This would allow people to have access to all 8 Stomp/FX blocks from the Remote/Stage footswitches and would provide a solution for users that want to use the profiler like an old school Amp and Pedal Board. For example Up and down could toggle Stomp A and B on/off, Looper Stomp C, Tap Stomp D and I - IIII to control FX X to Rev.

• I'm wondering, if this application is really the domain of Remote or Stage with their given foot button concept as these are designed around Rig switching. Effect Buttons can assume different functions by Rig and so on. Even the display seems meaningless, if you only play just one Rig and your effect chain and button assignments are always the same.

If somebody intends to use just one Rig and switch all effect modules within that Rig plus perhaps some Action&Freeze, why not using a cheap MIDI controller without display and just 8 or 10 buttons, no program change at all, but only control change assignments. Done!

• This is my opinion - and that's all it is. It's your money.

If one rig/performance and their associated effects are all you're going to use, why bother with a Profiler?

It's like buying a Ferrari and only driving it in 25mph zones, once on the third Sunday....in June. You can do it....but what an incredible waste of capability.

I own a bunch of vintage and boutique amps, a bunch of pedals, rack fx, various cabs and so on, but the KPA is:

Smaller by far than any pedalboard amp combination I have.

Easier to set up.

Faster getting sounds in a session.

So far, it’s more reliable. Far fewer patch cables to fail, no tubes.

More sonically consistent.

Generally more versatile although I still occasionally use some pedal fx that seem better than the digital KPA versions.

The only things I’m not switching around are my current fave amp/cab profile, and if/when I change my mind I can find a new profile. The big thing is, I want to *play* the KPA, not simply switch to a new patch for each song.

As far as a Ferrari, that would be my Sampson era Matchless HC-30 and 2x12 cab. High performance, high purchase price, high cost of maintenance, but nearly pointless as a daily driver, especially if volume and hearing loss are issues.

Best…H

• I'm wondering, if this application is really the domain of Remote or Stage with their given foot button concept as these are designed around Rig switching. Effect Buttons can assume different functions by Rig and so on. Even the display seems meaningless, if you only play just one Rig and your effect chain and button assignments are always the same.

If somebody intends to use just one Rig and switch all effect modules within that Rig plus perhaps some Action&Freeze, why not using a cheap MIDI controller without display and just 8 or 10 buttons, no program change at all, but only control change assignments. Done!

I really like this idea, but I haven’t found the right midi controller. I am probably going to try using an iPad running Rig Manager with my Stage, a version with sliders would be better for live tweaking. Might be a cool accessory - a dedicated hardware Kemper midi controller to allow live tweaks.

Or, a way to hardwire the iPad to the KPA via usb? Wireless is cool but the iPad needs to be available to adjust my monitor mix as well,

Any midi controllers to suggest? Thanks!

Best…H

Yes, that will work, great suggestion.

Best…H