Neural Amp Modeler, a free amp profiler?!?

• Let's get back on topic (once again :)). I did try the Extreme metal pack today. Got a feeling of the notes jumping off the fretboard that I haven't felt for a while. Hm.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• I left this thread a couple pages ago and decided to look in on it.

Only to find someone responding to a comment made *seven* weeks ago?

Lovely.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Let's get back on topic (once again :)). I did try the Extreme metal pack today. Got a feeling of the notes jumping off the fretboard that I haven't felt for a while. Hm.

You likie?

Are the Nam captures in packs then? How does it work in terms of presents etc? I've not given it a go yet..

• I've gotten some of my worst sounds ever with NAM. I simply don't get them. And then some of my best sounds ever - and perhaps feeling too.

You just install it, and download captures from tone hunt. I use IRs in the DAW outside of NAM (the free Mikko 2 is AMAZING). But NAM supports loading IRs too.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• I've gotten some of my worst sounds ever with NAM. I simply don't get them. And then some of my best sounds ever - and perhaps feeling too.

You just install it, and download captures from tone hunt. I use IRs in the DAW outside of NAM (the free Mikko 2 is AMAZING). But NAM supports loading IRs too.

its dependant much on how the profiles made. No diff to rig manager, some good, some bad. You got to use a reamp box so it kinda dependant to that. Some using kemper di box. For me i love the string clarity.

• True. Some of these were far worse than anything I've come across on RM. However, some are actually the best I've ever heard too. Which matters the most of course.

• I have further tested NAM in the past weeks. My own conclusion so far is that it can copy tones better compared to Kemper, but somehow Kemper feels more... musical and better to play. So even if it is not a perfect copy - it is similar enough and a lot of times I can tweak it to be better than the original. I think what I feel is that NAM was a lucky shot while implementing a widely used generative model for audio processing (I think it uses Wavenet) while Kemper was made specifically for guitars. NAM is extremely precise, but feel is not yet there IMO. It is still impressive and I'll keep using it simultaneously.

• You likie?

Are the Nam captures in packs then? How does it work in terms of presents etc? I've not given it a go yet..

Tone Junkie and a few other vendors have started doing commercial NAM packs. There is a thread on TGP which covers NAM and gives some more info.

• Tone Junkie and a few other vendors have started doing commercial NAM packs. There is a thread on TGP which covers NAM and gives some more info.

What is it with tone junkie? his profiles sound like wet cardboard. I can beleive he sounds the same with nam. My darn profiles sound better an more realistic. I just dont get it. There better profiles on TONEHUNT.

• What is it with tone junkie? his profiles sound like wet cardboard. I can beleive he sounds the same with nam. My darn profiles sound better an more realistic. I just dont get it. There better profiles on TONEHUNT.

Never had a problem with his profiles. I do have to tweak them a bit more than usual, but they usually sound great once I do. I have seen people bag on his profiles and frankly, just don't understand it. If you don't like them just move on.

• I have further tested NAM in the past weeks. My own conclusion so far is that it can copy tones better compared to Kemper, but somehow Kemper feels more... musical and better to play. So even if it is not a perfect copy -

Similar feel here, captures are somewhat hyper precise and the kemper really smooth the whole experience . On NAM you're pretty naked with a very rough experience , but I guess it's the same as being in a control room on monitors , you still need to add verb delay ....

The kemper packs a mix ready & uber satisfying experience , this is really evident with lead tones , smooth , powerful & dynamic. The whole signal chain is really something that ease the whole recording XP.

I really appreciate NAM for the vintage amps , you got that vibe, growl and bite, the KPA is a bit behind on the 57 deluxe verb for instance, the crunches are incredible.

• i’m looking forward to Nam coming to the iPad iPhone platform so I can create dual amps through the USB output and blend in with a kemper for some of those grittier vintage amp tones.

• Similar feel here, captures are somewhat hyper precise and the kemper really smooth the whole experience . On NAM you're pretty naked with a very rough experience , but I guess it's the same as being in a control room on monitors , you still need to add verb delay ....rit

The kemper packs a mix ready & uber satisfying experience , this is really evident with lead tones , smooth , powerful & dynamic. The whole signal chain is really something that ease the whole recording XP.

I really appreciate NAM for the vintage amps , you got that vibe, growl and bite, the KPA is a bit behind on the 57 deluxe verb for instance, the crunches are incredible.

Yes yes. Give me the grit. This whole kemper does this or smooths that, i dont want that. I want to capture a amp like NAM does warts an all. If i want smoother, let me dial it in the amp before I profile it or tweak after. It the one thing I wish for kemper, to just get the transients an the grit right. I agree there something to kempers feel with mid crunch it can be very satisfying. But rediscovering the pre eq button I feel I get closer to the definition around the note as to the real amp. Seen the new Andertons comparison? I feel with the refining there too much room for change. These new modelers use the same consistent refining or training audio to get results. If i refine with a les paul, then what does that mean for the same profile when I play a strat? I dont want those room for error. I want to profile my amp, as I hear it then an there without outside influence. An update too the profiling would really float my boat. If they ditched the refining an had a inbuilt audio that they discovered was the best possible audio that would be cool.