Neural Amp Modeler, a free amp profiler?!?

• A simple question : would it be possible , with the current KPA OS , to insert the NAM plugin in a DAW in order to take place of the amp section ( while deactivating this one on the KPA) ?

This way I'd be able to use stomp and fx from the KPA, and maybe cabs , IR or even imprints from the KPA

• A simple question : would it be possible , with the current KPA OS , to insert the NAM plugin in a DAW in order to take place of the amp section ( while deactivating this one on the KPA) ?

This way I'd be able to use stomp and fx from the KPA, and maybe cabs , IR or even imprints from the KPA

Even after putting it in their marketing and repeatedly promising to do, Neural DSP still hasn’t added to this ability to the Quad Cortex. I’ll die laughing if Kemper offers it first, but I sort of doubt it will happen.

That’d gut the very feature that created the Profiler in the first place. Without that, it becomes an overpriced multi effect unit and IR loader.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• i dont get it damian your test dont sound all that good your just trolling now looking to get banned again .nam sounds great but your trying to tell everyone how to use it on here this is kemper move on that dont belong here

• Without that, it becomes an overpriced multi effect unit and IR loader.

I don't think so you : still got your collection of profiles and multi purpose unit ( I use KPA for bass also , voices , trumpet , synths ...)

you then get a super high end controller for NAM if the integration allows it, and as I said all KPA fxs of course. Maybe cab section will just soung great with NAM ?

Using a plugin & clicking in menus to load IR and adjust virtual knobs is why I bought a kpa in a first place. Set it up like a regular amp.

My question is : it is possible Now with similar mechanisms like reamping , DAW & KPA routing ?

• 2. Regarding AI training methods being open source: I guess the technology will be incorporated in every second digital guitar solution within the next two years.

Exactly - the last one to do it will probably be Fractal, but definitely machine learning based profiling solution will dominate very soon. Kudos to C. K. for beating the competition by 12 years :-). Now everyone is catching up and even surpassing KPA when it comes to reproduction of tone. This doesn't really matter because improvements to sound are nowadays not really that groundbreaking (all new digital products, whether modelers or profilers, sound great and the difference between them IMHO doesn't really have any practical value - countless blind tests confirm that).

• Currently - no. Not unless you could use the Stage and its two loops in some manner to wire it up. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Regardless, Kemper won’t usurp their own technology.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• I just bought a guitar for $68. Can get this VST for free. For many people this is all they need to get started. You could record a whole album with just this.

To get to the LIVE stage, you need some quality hardware: Kemper. That is why I posted earlier in this thread "the person who makes a decent, solid box, that can run VSTs could really grab a foothold in the lower end markets".

Some cheap real time OS and an SSD and you are off to the races. Rasberry PI, metal box, and some $1.59 footswitches.

Latency is controlled by your sound card/driver on a PC. You should be able to get the latency down very low on a dedicated box. I run 5mS on my old i3 all the time, even lower when making profiles on my Kemper from a VST. This particular VST could be very CPU heavy and could force you into a longer latency of course.

This is not really a threat to Kemper, since they are at the pro level market. But it may cut into sales for people on the threshold.

• I know some people think this is crazy, but I am using a newer iPad to load the free TONEX plug-in and using a lot of the profiles of the Kemper that have been converted to TONEX on their Tonenet for some smaller shows with my trio. Never crashes or gives me a problem. I have a small pedal board that I can control all the plethera of effects that you can put before and after the TONEX that are on the App Store free to cheap. I can even run multiple TONEX plug-ins with different profiles at the same time and blend them together like I want, I haven’t taken this to a my big full band rock shows yet because this is a trial process , but so far it’s been rocksolid and extremely flexible. And for the most part free. These are truly amazing times for guitars.

Not bashing my beloved Kemper , still enjoy my Kemper and not ditching it but I’m have been surprised how stable the iPad is as a wildly flexible alternative. YMMV of course.

• I'm using a Tonex pedal as a pedal platform using mostly Amalgam Studio's captures(Train Wreck, Carr Mercury, and Fender Bassman). It's pretty phenomenal tool. Kemper is a fantastic tool and I have loved it for years, but machine learning has me wondering how much longer I plan on keeping it.

Yes. That should be perfectly possible if you use the mono loop just before the stack to run through your computer and back.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Like this?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

:)

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Like this?

Yes! I want this! In reality I don't because I have a Kemper, Helix, and I am writing my own VST 8o But in a year or two, I will want this. Unless I get brave and add the NAM to my VST. Then I will want it sooner. Or I finish up an RTS game I am writing in Unity ...or... ... ...I am amazed how busy you can be when retired :/

• Yes! I want this! In reality I don't because I have a Kemper, Helix, and I am writing my own VST 8o But in a year or two, I will want this. Unless I get brave and add the NAM to my VST. Then I will want it sooner. Or I finish up an RTS game I am writing in Unity ...or... ... ...I am amazed how busy you can be when retired :/

So it's modeling amp sim you're working on?

Think for yourself, or others will think for you wihout thinking of you

Henry David Thoreau

• would be great if the kemper could load nam profiles. I actually think it’s an advantage in some ways to do the training on a computer rather than the device itself. Kemper having all the I/O and an interface already is pretty handy.

• So it's modeling amp sim you're working on?

I am not smart enough to do Amp modeling or AI machine learning. Mine started as a simple distortion pedal and it grew to crazy size really fast.

Mako Distortion VST, EXE, and Source Code

The newest version will work closer to a normal pedal/amp setup. Since no one cared about the first version I am taking my time with V2 :D

• The newest version will work closer to a normal pedal/amp setup.

super cool, you should even integrate NAM as alternative amp as it's open source , I guess the license is pretty open to this kind of xp. I've already seen a few forks of NAM. With your fxs it could be a killer all in one solution

• So i actualy downloaded it and tried it and erm...it struggled...like really struggled. My DAW (Cubase 12 pro) totaly cracked and glitched all over the place i couldnt figure out what was going on and oddly enough all sound went dead on ALL tracks unless i armed the track with the plugin on. I had serious problems running it and even when i first attempted to install it my PC didnt like it at all and gave me warnings.

When i DID kinda get it to work it sounded ok. Maybe beacuse it is in its infancy i dunno maybe in a year or so i will give it another shot.

Oh! and im getting on better with my kemper if anyone is interested. Im currently digging around in the cabinet section playing with the High Shift and low shifts also better gain staging the relationship between my kemper and audio interface dialing back that gain knob playing with overdrive pedals. Lots of reading/learning Exciting times.

• I think the guitar community is getting carried away with this old tech that Kemper pioneered.

It’s fine and great for many, kids and home enthusiasts have access to great tools.

You gonna gig with a computer, 9 volt power supply, is it gonna survive 10 years or more, is the product gonna be suported In another 10 years, that’s a professional product, that’s why I sit back and giggle.

Don’t get me wrong, I hope Kemper comes up with something new and innovative but I have the feeling Christoph is pretty well done, and good job to him, he will leave a legacy of digital tech that defies time just like the Virus synth.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• This is a damn good project. Denying this unfortunately puts us kemper-loving old folks as fanboys. Sounds spot on. And I don't know if anyone scientifically dares to challenge it. When I look at these voices of denial, forgive me - the kemper is here on my desk - but what NAM does is actually sweep the floor with all products in terms of profile fidelity.

My simple test with nam :

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thanks for saying that gracefully because if it was me, the school bullies here would be on top of it. Nothing wrong with this, kemper can only go forward from here. Check out the null test.

External Content www.youtube.com