Neural Amp Modeler, a free amp profiler?!?

• I dont know man. I get bashed here. Everyone gets their butt hurt when you say anything negative towards the kemper. But one could have said this 8 years ago an whats happened since then? It improved. So is that you guys just bein neive or someone like me bein right? I sugest you go download NAM an give it a go. The fact is, kemper does not get it 100 percent. An some of us with dog ears hear it, an some dont know what ya talking about. I hear it. I was just profiling my matchless hotbox last night trying everything I can an i get this note bloom that I do not want there. Its there. And the cardboard artifact when profile a amp cab. The afternote on the speaker, the flappy treble thing comes forward on the kemper an puts it infront with the rest. The nueral vst can do as many epochs as you want an shows you a chart how close you get. An guys are gettin almost 100 percent hits. An when you play, all the dynamics are there. Kemper has this wierd compression thing goin on. So people shouldnt get so defensive an hope for more. Im not the only one, thousands are saying it wipes the floor with quad cortex, tone x etc. Im talking sound here, not units. Kemper wins by far in that department an I just want to hear when I play the kemper it does what the nueral does. Thats all. Shoot me

• So is that you guys just bein neive or someone like me bein right?

:) I was just trying to lighten the mood since the two guys who normally do that were not here. Sorry if it seemed like an attack.

I would not say you are wrong. Things are progressing outside the KemperVerse ™. But the Kemper still does an amazing job and the eco system is great. So I was poking fun that even if they do not update, they still have a future. No one gets rid of their 72 Marshall because they also want a 65 Fender. It sounds amazing and will always have a place.

• I suggest you go download NAM an give it a go.

I have a Kemper and a Helix. And I am in the middle of writing my own VST. So I Looked at the NAM a little to debate if I should add it to my VST. At some point I might add it, but it is a CPU hog so I will wait and just have fun with my toy.

Between those three, I am too busy to go to the bathroom half the time.

But it is an incredible cool thing for sure. Everyone should check it out. And maybe shoot a couple bucks to the author if he has a paypal or something listed.

• :) I was just trying to lighten the mood since the two guys who normally do that were not here. Sorry if it seemed like an attack.

I would not say you are wrong. Things are progressing outside the KemperVerse ™. But the Kemper still does an amazing job and the eco system is great. So I was poking fun that even if they do not update, they still have a future. No one gets rid of their 72 Marshall because they also want a 65 Fender. It sounds amazing and will always have a place.

Im not complaining, but for me I just want the wierd compression thing gone from kemper. Thats it. I travel alot an I take my valve powered unit everywere I go. I dream of a day I have my fav sounds 100 percent in there. I want what I put into the kemper, to come out, an at moment it doesnt. Were people argue is with oh, you wont notice in a mix etc. My drama is I love my tone, an I just want kemper to get it. At moment it doesnt. Many guys like high gain, an you will not hear what I say. But when you got a matchless hotbox goin into a class A amp verge breakup, an when you dig in the eq changes dramatically, I want my kemp to do it. An when free darn software 10 years behind kempers hey day coming out doing it, yea I urge kemper to get there shit together. I dont want a new unit, I love my unit an ive spend enough money an time on it. Its only a case of a update to the profiling, thats it. An if it needs to be PC based, an the files dumped into kemper, so be it.

• I have a Kemper and a Helix. And I am in the middle of writing my own VST. So I Looked at the NAM a little to debate if I should add it to my VST. At some point I might add it, but it is a CPU hog so I will wait and just have fun with my toy.

Between those three, I am too busy to go to the bathroom half the time.

But it is an incredible cool thing for sure. Everyone should check it out. And maybe shoot a couple bucks to the author if he has a paypal or something listed.

:) I was just trying to lighten the mood since the two guys who normally do that were not here. Sorry if it seemed like an attack.

Oh man no offence, your nice compared to some here ha.

• Oh man no offence, your nice compared to some here ha.

I too feel the Kemper is overly compressed or has an auto gain control. It it hard to keep a variety of guitars and profiles with crazy gain under control. But the AGC kills the feeling for me on the Kemper. But it is very subtle thing. It took me months to figure out what I didn't like about the Kemper.

That is why I bought the Helix. The Kemper sounds much better but lacks the dynamic feel I like. So I toggle back and forth. Mostly on the Kemper.

My point is this forum is very touchy about criticism. Largely because a lot of the times, the person complaining turns out to not really have much to complain about. So dont take it personally.

Cheers

• I dont know man. I get bashed here. Everyone gets their butt hurt when you say anything negative towards the kemper. But one could have said this 8 years ago an whats happened since then? It improved. So is that you guys just bein neive or someone like me bein right? I sugest you go download NAM an give it a go. The fact is, kemper does not get it 100 percent. An some of us with dog ears hear it, an some dont know what ya talking about. I hear it. I was just profiling my matchless hotbox last night trying everything I can an i get this note bloom that I do not want there. Its there. And the cardboard artifact when profile a amp cab. The afternote on the speaker, the flappy treble thing comes forward on the kemper an puts it infront with the rest. The nueral vst can do as many epochs as you want an shows you a chart how close you get. An guys are gettin almost 100 percent hits. An when you play, all the dynamics are there. Kemper has this wierd compression thing goin on. So people shouldnt get so defensive an hope for more. Im not the only one, thousands are saying it wipes the floor with quad cortex, tone x etc. Im talking sound here, not units. Kemper wins by far in that department an I just want to hear when I play the kemper it does what the nueral does. Thats all. Shoot me

You may not believe me but I think 99% of people on this forum would be keen to see improvements to the KPA.

The reason people get defensive is because many people often make very strong claims whena new product appears. In fact many people on here own multiple units which shows we are not all pure fan boys as is often the accusation. We have all seen bias chucked around so many times on this forum about new products, so it does trigger reaction, so that is why you see the responses - which initially might seem like fan boy responses but they are not.

BTW my trigger is the type of question " If I connect a Kemper into an Ax and Helix, via a tube amp, running a Kabinet in a 4 cable wet/dry/wet method with a acoustic, will it sound any good" type questions, but that's just me :)

In addition, its not just about the sound, its about the practicality as well. Kemper are the only brand with a built in power amp and dedicated custom speaker and so the eco system to me is as important.

Where I struggle a little is I don't hear these artifacts that many people do. I've seen the blind tests and up until maybe a few years ago everyone said it was almost indistinguishable from the real amp.

This has changed and in most cases its the result of a new product coming out - which doesn't make immediate sense. A new product doesn't make the Kemper worse when compared to the real amp, so it can only be:

1) A new product is more accurate and raise the bar that the Kemper is competing.

2) Kemper have changed the profiling algorithms and made it "worse"

...I suspect its the former....which is good as competiton breeds innovation. On the flip side, my Kemper was good enough yesterday, why is it not good enough today view created skepticism in a new products.

I do agree Kemper should not rest on their laurels and no one knows what they are working on.

I try to stay objective here, so good to hear about these products...not so good to hear wild claims or messages of "its all over/doom and gloom".

Hope that makes sense and you take it in the spirit its meant.

• ...Either way, kemper need a drastic system update to match whats goin on.

You criticize the Profiler at nearly every opportunity on the Kemper-owned forum. Then, you are more than willing to complain about it when people even slightly push back. In the one place where you can pretty much guarantee such a reaction.

You claim you still Profile amps. While at the same time saying the technology is last in line.

If I felt like you, I'd have sold my Profiler, bought the superior tech, and never looked back. But you haven't.

Weird.

....And i read kempers patent is over....

....What I do know is its wiping the floor with capturing a amp. Kemper needs to update the profiling process because its last on the list for many....

No. The Kemper patent is not over. The oldest patent I'm aware of began in July 2007. Assuming that's even the relevant patent, US patents run for 20 years. All that's happened is others figured out another way to go about it. Oddly, they also produce different results.

It only took them 10+ years.

"Wiping the floor..." No, that wouldn't annoy anyone here. An opinion like that draws attention, though.

That's like going to 1962 and saying Marshall amps wipe the floor with Fender. Marshall started prototyping the JTM45 17 years after Fender started shipping amplifiers. It was a European clone of a Fender using locally available parts. Let's not forget Vox's AC15 in 1958.

More than one option can exist, and all can be successful.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Edited once, last by Ruefus ().

• V8guitar and Ruefus, while I greatly enjoy your considerate posts (as always):

Why do you guys even feed the trolls?

Sure there is competition, but personally I haven’t heard anything that puts down the Profiler.

And I've owned the QC (sold it quickly because it was lacking so much) and also own the ToneX (which is great in its own right but no substitute conceptionally).

Moments of weakness.🙃

• V8guitar and Ruefus, while I greatly enjoy your considerate posts (as always):

Sure there is competition, but personally I haven’t heard anything that puts down the Profiler.

And I've owned the QC (sold it quickly because it was lacking so much) and also own the ToneX (which is great in its own right but no substitute conceptionally).

Mainly because I think there can be real points hidden in the bullshit, so I try to extract that...if I get more trolling I ignore.

Oh and I hate the easy excuse of " you are all fan boys" ...total cop out :)

Like Rufus, I am weak... :)

• Oh and I hate the easy excuse of " you are all fan boys" ...total cop out :)

To be fair....this is the Kemper owned and operated forum. Can you think of a better place for Kemper fanboys to hang out? It's called a 'target-rich environment'.

He knows exactly where he is.

• Mainly because I think there can be real points hidden in the bullshit, so I try to extract that...if I get more trolling I ignore.

The whole point to a forum like this is to talk to people and learn. You cant learn if you just dismiss someone because they are not articulating their thoughts well. Or their thoughts counter your thoughts. This place should not be a fan boy echo chamber.

Whenever I do something that needs reviewed I tell people, there is no such thing as bad reviews. Every talk is a good talk and I learn something from the exchange. Sure sometimes I learn there are dumb people in the world. But usually once you figure out someone you can understand where they are coming from and get something from the convo.

Plus it gives us something fun to read while we eat a snack. Cant ask for more than that.

Cheers

Troll? Because you do not like to hear someone say something as you perceive negative? Sorry not clever.. Why dont you guys go and degrade your updates to the first version that seems to make you happy. Foolish thinking

• Troll? Because you do not like to hear someone say something as you perceive negative? Sorry not clever.. Why dont you guys go and degrade your updates to the first version that seems to make you happy. Foolish thinking

Not an actual denial.

• omg great childish remarks goldy degrade your updates oh ok you have 50 posts ingolf has 16,000 ill side with the good doctor who s never said anything negative till now your mom should cut off your internet