Neural Amp Modeler, a free amp profiler?!?

• So. How about that NAM thing? I think it's pretty cool. I despise a lot of the current applications of AI but this one is great.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• This is a damn good project. Denying this unfortunately puts us kemper-loving old folks as fanboys. Sounds spot on. And I don't know if anyone scientifically dares to challenge it. When I look at these voices of denial, forgive me - the kemper is here on my desk - but what NAM does is actually sweep the floor with all products in terms of profile fidelity.

My simple test with nam :

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• This is a damn good project. Denying this unfortunately puts us kemper-loving old folks as fanboys. Sounds spot on. And I don't know if anyone scientifically dares to challenge it. When I look at these voices of denial, forgive me - the kemper is here on my desk - but what NAM does is actually sweep the floor with all products in terms of profile fidelity.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The sound quality may be phenomenal but as a plugin only tool and (if I understand correctly) a cloud based profiling workflow it isn’t any practical use to me. If it makes Kemper improve their profiling accuracy that would be a win for everyone though.

• I'm pretty useless at all this computer stuff. Tried Tonex, could feel the latency. Tried NAM, vsti wouldn't load, messy and yep, felt the latency

For idiots like me, it's so easy just to switch on the Kemper and play. I'll take a bit of compression over latency any day.

• The sound quality may be phenomenal but as a plugin only tool and (if I understand correctly) a cloud based profiling workflow it isn’t any practical use to me. If it makes Kemper improve their profiling accuracy that would be a win for everyone though.

You can TRAIN with anaconda and repository from github locally on your PC. On CPU or better with some power GPU likeRTX 3x or 4X.

The hell send me a out file https://drive.google.com/open?…%40gmail.com&usp=drive_fs and I will TRAIN it on my GPU for free. Just simple as that.

• You can TRAIN with anaconda and repository from github locally on your PC. On CPU or better with some power GPU likeRTX 3x or 4X.

The hell send me a out file https://drive.google.com/open?…%40gmail.com&usp=drive_fs and I will TRAIN it on my GPU for free. Just simple as that.

but it still only runs as a plugin rather than hardware which is a major issue for me.

• but it still only runs as a plugin rather than hardware which is a major issue for me.

Yep sure - I understand. Guys are working to port this to some pedals Daisy seed , rasberry pi and so on . Author giging with his laptop. There are a lot of options. Plus in the studio you have a:

1. input wav and output wav to profile - train with futures versions

2. you can track real time

3. and fast bounce (this is con for kemper as you cannot bounce from HW )

Crazy times I tell you !;)

I agree, it is a good project and like that it is open source. I don't hear any floor sweeping or anything close to that overstatement. What I hear is good. About as good as quite a few other digital modelers/profilers. I've think advancements in digital amp reproduction have very nearly reached the point of diminishing returns.

• As an IT person I do love the technology enthusiasm here... that is what often drives innovation. And cool to see such a project and the collaboration behind it.

and here's one guy who, giving his knowledge for free, swept it all into dust.

I do not see it as extreme yet as you Damian. But true is that there is no place for arrogance for the established players in such a market if they want to remain in their respective positions. Let's remind ourselves of the first reactions Linus Torvalds got back in the early 90s when his Linux kernel came up ("...Linux is obsolete"). And see where we are with it today :thumbup:8)

• Yes, I know, I'm exaggerating. There will always be some users for whom the given equipment is useful for their needs. And this will prevail over the choice of a given equipment. Sonically, however, NAM's alborhythm is second to none in terms of fidelity. Although it doesn't profile everything well either. It has problems with profiling the amplifiers together with the loudspeakers. Works better with IR. But what annoys me on this forum is howling with closed minds at news. I suspect that the people from Kemper themselves look at this new technology with delight, but that they have to maintain sales, you know what .... they post that a cool artist here uses something or the like. It's part of running a business.

And I don't like to close my eyes because someone tells me that ours is better.

Our ears decide what is good - not the companies.

• Yes, I know, I'm exaggerating. There will always be some users for whom the given equipment is useful for their needs. And this will prevail over the choice of a given equipment. Sonically, however, NAM's alborhythm is second to none in terms of fidelity. Although it doesn't profile everything well either. It has problems with profiling the amplifiers together with the loudspeakers. Works better with IR. But what annoys me on this forum is howling with closed minds at news. I suspect that the people from Kemper themselves look at this new technology with delight, but that they have to maintain sales, you know what .... they post that a cool artist here uses something or the like. It's part of running a business.

And I don't like to close my eyes because someone tells me that ours is better.

Have you considered that your propensity to exaggerate weakens your credibility? NAM being second to none is a good example. So is, sweeping the floor with all products. This is simply hyperbole that weakens not only your opinion, but how you are viewed by others here. I don't detect anyone howling on this forum either. Perhaps using statements with facts that are precise and accurate would lead to a more contructive conversation. To be honest, your style in making claims makes me want to distregard what you have to say.

• The same story over and over - i will not to play with you with that game of words and psyhology . Too old for that and seen this here several times. - just check yourself and spare me and some othes time will ya? Who cares if you can just check yourself for free.

Your text only shows who you are because instead of checking out a free plugin you are trying to undermine my credibility.

I don't care about any credibility in your eyes or anyone else's. I care about my credibility in my eyes. And that's what makes us different.

• The same story over and over - i will not to play with you with that game of words and psyhology . Too old for that and seen this here several times. - just check yourself and spare me and some othes time will ya? Who cares if you can just check yourself for free.

Your text only shows who you are because instead of checking out a free plugin you are trying to undermine my credibility.

If by words and psyhology(sic) you mean mature and effective communication, then what you call too old I consider to mean too dumb.

Just more poor communication. You wrongly assume that I have not checked out NAM. Yup, too dumb for any effective communication.

• If by words and psyhology(sic) you mean mature and effective communication, then what you call too old I consider to mean too dumb.

Just more poor communication. You wrongly assume that I have not checked out NAM. Yup, too dumb for any effective communication.

Well you can call me dumb , I dont care.

[Blocked Image: https://media.tenor.com/nwoJ4BS0XHYAAAAC/oh-no-anyway.gif]

• And this is the funniest thing - that suddenly people come from nowhere and try to show how stupid you are. That's an ad persona argument.

Not a merit argument.

And another trick here is to allow an argument and the moderator closes the discussion. How convenient it is. I've seen it here hundreds of times.

Are you still getting on with it? haha. I'm having fun with this.

• Well, lbieber rightfully pointed out how you, DamianGreda have chosen to post in this forum.

You come in sporadically and post something hyperbole and exaggerating, as you have admitted yourself.

And this indeed diminishes your credibility, period.

But to objectify the discussion:

Leon Gibson's nulltest on YT showed indeed that the fidelity of NAM is slightly better than ToneX's and by a good margin better than QC's and Kemper's.

What is the practical consequence though?

1. As an all-in-one-solution the Profiler with a Kabinet is still by far the best solution for me to gig with and play out (and I gig a lot!), because it continues to give me inspiring tones which is the most important point to me.

2. Regarding AI training methods being open source: I guess the technology will be incorporated in every second digital guitar solution within the next two years.

I'll just wait and see how the development goes.