Used to love Kemper but not so much anymore

• Thanks for your input, but this could go round in circles.

I'm not saying they knew it was faulty. Support suggested it wasn't right and I should send it back to them.

They couldn't give me any indication to what the noises were which says to me the problem wasn't resolved.

Care would mean making sure the customer was happy and confident with the product. I was neither of those.

The fact the new one works is a good indication it was nothing but a a problem with that unit.

I'm not sure what the issue was with yours. Whether it was a problem with the Kemper or an outside influence, but one thing is for sure. Mine was a problem with the unit, it didn't happen again with a new one, and Kemper were more than happy to shut the door on it and not offer any further help.

• Your last ticket I could find in our database is from 2016 where you reported a noise issue with your Profiler.

According to the ticket our service center tested the unit thoroughly for several days but was unable to find any fault with it.

In such a case the unit is returned to the customer.

You were informed to contact your dealer regarding your request for an exchange or money back.

This type of service is always handled according to local trading laws by the dealer that sold the unit.

I am sorry to read that you are drawing the conclusion that we do not care about our customers.

Please let me assure you that this is not the case.

On the bright side you received a new unit and your original one was sold again as refurbished with no new reports about any faults.

If you encounter any issues in the future please use the contact form in the support section of the Kemper website to open a new ticket.

• Ok I think we'll leave it there with you and I'll communicate with adults only from this point onwards.

Concise and to the point, with a bit of crassness. Certainly seems like language for adults. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Perhaps not entirely agreeing with your characterization and ignoring my repeated question has something to do with your discomfort.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• Same response.

One loyal customer who promoted Kemper to the point of multiple sales, now selling up and moving on.

Please can you provide me with a link to how I register my Kemper with new owner for when I sell it?

I tried to sort it out at least

• The support team informed you 7 years ago that no issues could be found and that you should contact your dealer for requesting an exchange or refund.

You can sell your Profiler without the need to take any additional action. As soon as the new owner registers it in their account you will receive an automatic email informing you about it.

• Concise and to the point, with a bit of crassness. Certainly seems like language for adults. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Perhaps not entirely agreeing with your characterization and ignoring my repeated question has something to do with your discomfort

Tell you what, you post after this message, then you'll sleep tonight knowing you got the last word in.

See you later mate. enjoy yourself

• The support team informed you 7 years ago that no issues could be found and that you should contact your dealer for requesting an exchange or refund.

You can sell your Profiler without the need to take any additional action. As soon as the new owner registers it in their account you will receive an automatic email informing you about it.

That's great

thanks for your help.

• Tell you what, you post after this message, then you'll sleep tonight knowing you got the last word in.

See you later mate. enjoy yourself

Thank you for noticing. At least it didn’t take 7 years this time.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• So if I understand correctly you had a bad experience 7 years ago and decided to complain about it now on here? What's the problem you have a new unit replaced at no cost to you. So if you bought a new car and had problems so they gave you a new one for free, would you go on their site and trash them? Come on man you have nothing to complain about.

• So if I understand correctly you had a bad experience 7 years ago and decided to complain about it now on here? What's the problem you have a new unit replaced at no cost to you. So if you bought a new car and had problems so they gave you a new one for free, would you go on their site and trash them? Come on man you have nothing to complain about.

I hoped the customer service would get better, hence holding off from sharing my experience.

Sharing my experience was to help current users in the long run.

People will only realise that when they're in the same position as I was.

It hasn't got better and that's evident from the response on here. Support not helping the customer, more of a sarcastic game of pointing out the story to all the Kemper fan boys who revel in it.

You won't get the full story from support and I'm not going to waste any more of my time on here.

I suppose I was looking for some words from Kemper which would re light the faith I once had in them, but they always fall short in my opinion.

There are a lot of companies bringing out alternatives which I'm more than happy to explore.

I'm not bad mouthing anyone, I'm sharing my experience. If it's that bad you think I'm trashing a company, maybe actually the experience was that bad and I'm just sharing that experience.

If everyone doesn't share their bad experiences, then poor customer service is the only thing we'll get.

It doesn't help with fan boys on here thinking they're going to get a medal from Kemper.

I shared my experience after years of hoping it would get better.

I feel let down by Kemper so thought about selling my unit.

I thought I'd try to re light that faith.

I'm now sure that things won't change and I'm making the correct decision.

All the best to you all and no hard feelings, I just feel let down and need to move on.

When the manufacturer labels your unit as working and says "We can't find anything wrong with the unit, we've passed this onto the retailer, but ask them for a new one".

The customer doesn't hold out much hope.

But your response looks great on here, and that's exactly what I'm on about.

I think you've read this wrong, Kemper didn't provide me with a new unit.

I'm not going into it any further as then it will look like a witch hunt, which is not what I'm trying to do.

I'm sharing my experience and my opinions to take how you want.

• I'm not sure what you're expecting from customer service 7 years after the fact.

You've came on here to tell your story, Kemper Support came on and checked your ticket and told the same story as you did yet apparently that's them being not helping the customer, sarcastic and playing to the fanboys. Bizarre conclusion. Ironically your replies to Kemper Support are quite sarcastic.

I don't see how you can claim that it hasn't gotten better since you don't have a problem with your unit and so haven't opened a ticket and haven't engaged with the customer support process at all, you've just complained about a long closed ticket.

Going by your thread title you clearly had your mind made up before you typed the first sentence so I doubt your post has anything to do with offering an olive branch.

Edited once, last by tubelube ().

• To summerise:

1) You had an issue, Kemper recommended sending it back ( that is in no way guaranteeing they know there is an issue BTW and seems like a sensible approach).

2) They checked it over and didn't find a fault

3) They said speak to the retailer for a replacement or refund, which you did and they replaced it

4) This was resolved 7 years ago but it still bothers you because Andertons are out of pocket ( which you don't factually know as you don't know if Kemper credited them etc...) ?

Which of that is incorrect or not true? I appreciate its frustrating to have an intermittent fault but I'm not sure what you really expect. Magic Wands are only in the realm of Harry Potter...

I thought it was odd when you said Andertons just gave you a replacement at their loss...Andertons are a great retailer but even they don't chuck money at intermittent faults.

You also missed out the point that it was 7 years ago in your original post, which is a bit fundamental...what have you been doing since, reluctantly using the KPA and hating every minute because of the poor service from 7 years ago?

I have no loyalty to any supplier but what you have written so far doesn't make sense. If your intention was to show up a poor customer service from 7 years ago, it wasn't successful - not by fan boy measure but by any measure.

At the moment you just sound like someone holding a mis-held grudge, so you will get limited sympathy without better justification. You hint " there is more to it", unless you share this, its a pointless moan...