Fat sounds with cheap pedal

• Using a Danelectro Fab Overdrive pedal in front of the Kemper will really fatten things up.keep the overdrive control knob on the pedal at zero and just use the volume and tone control.it really works well and is very cheap,less than twenty quid.

That sounds like a steal at only 20 quid! will have to get one!! I do LOVE my Analogman King Of Tone in front of my KPA. Be cool to test another pedal especially at that price! :thumbup:

• I get sounds with pedals in front of my KPA that I can't get without them, especially with fuzz pedals. After buying the kpa, I sold some of my pedals but I'm keeping some to use them in front of the KPA (or in the loop).

• I actually like putting pedals in front of my Kemper. Why not?

As much as I love the mod-fx and delay/reverb-section of the Kemper as far as distortion boxes go I have some options that are just not yet available in the Kemper. Why not use a pedal? I would use a pedal in front of a real Marshall or Vox and so I use one in front of the Kemper with said profiles.

I've got another tip when it comes to Danelectro:

The Cool Cat vibe is the cheapest Univibe clone on the market but it is one of the best. It has one drawback though:
    After switching it on it takes over a second (!) until the effect finally kicks in. There is a mod floating around that takes care of that but I never bothered to do it and just lived with it. Since Univibe clones are usually only available by boutique pedal makers (read: expensive) that Danelectro was a very welcome addition to my pedal board. And it's dirt cheap.

• So you're getting a tone you can't get otherwise? I REALLY would rather steer clear of pedals ...

while it's certainly true that the Profiler takes pedals very well, I think what's basically happening here is a mid boost with a high end (and very low end) roll off and probably a overall level boost.
    The same effect could most likely be produced by a Studio EQ in one of the Stomps slots.

If londonjeepster is willing, I can figure out with him what's happening in the pedal and reproduce that effect with an EQ setting.

Sound good?

• alrighty, I found a Dan-o FAB overdrive in one of my drawers here ;)

basically it's a mid boost centered around ~500 Hz and a LOT of boost (~15dB), even with level @ 12 o'clock.
    To get there with the Green Scream, turn Drive and Tone all the way down and apply quite a bit of volume boost.
    If you want to get even closer, I made a rig based on "Converter Crunch" that also has a EQ after the Green Scream, that adds a little bit around 120 Hz, takes away some highs at around 4.1 kHz and some very low frequencies.
    It's called "FABoost Con Crunch" and in the rig exchange.

If you like what the two stomps are doing, you can save the Stomps section as a preset (as I'm sure you know).

But you were right, for such a cheap pedal, it does good things.

• Well that's nice of you to put in the effort like that. Well done!

Out of curiosity, did you approach this purely by ear or with a help of spectrum analyzer or other similar plugins?

alrighty, I found a Dan-o FAB overdrive in one of my drawers here ;)

But I got to say that storing pedals in one's underpants is a bit peculiar - guess it helps the tone, gives it more balls perhaps. Kudos for reviving the english language, you rarely hear the word drawers used for underwear anymore.[Blocked Image: http://kemper-amps.com/library/wcf/images/smilies/tongue.png]

• hehe,

and people say that german is an odd language.
    "Schublade" - what a nice word - makes sense and doesn't invoke the thought of underwear when used in the plural.

about the pedal:
    I played the FAB OD for a while and dialed in a similar setting on the Green Scream and EQ by ear.
    Then I looked at the frequency response of the FAB with an analyser, did the same with the Green Scream and made some adjustments.

• I played the FAB OD for a while and dialed in a similar setting on the Green Scream and EQ by ear.
    Then I looked at the frequency response of the FAB with an analyser, did the same with the Green Scream and made some adjustments.

Great read! And GREAT work! :thumbup: