Stereo vs Mono Delay

• Im currently running output 1 Mono L to the FOH and either monitor out or headphone out to my in ear system. Do all the effects just automatically default to stereo when running both outs? I have a single delay block set up and notice its Mono obviously when I only have only left running to the speaker. But then when I plug in headphones stereo im getting a stereo signal. I was under the impression that I was just dialing in a mono single delay. How is it all of a sudden running in stereo? I don't see any stereo adjustments in the delay block.

I do have Main Out set to mono, Monitor out set to stereo and I don't see any choice to do mono or stereo for Headphones out. Im guessing that is only defaulting to stereo.

Im just trying to make sure that if im dialing in a delay or stereo effects setting with my headphones that its going to be translating well to the mono feed on the Main Out and I won't be missing half the signal and it ends up sounding like crap at front of house when I play live

• if you set Main Out to Master Left then FOH will only get half the signal which you definitely don’t want.

Headphone out is always stereo.

One option for checking a stereo FX translates to mono would be to test it in one of the Stomp positions A - D as these are always mono.

Another option is to set the Stereo control to 0 in the delay settings. This will make the delay mono.

• if you set Main Out to Master Left then FOH will only get half the signal which you definitely don’t want.

Headphone out is always stereo.

One option for checking a stereo FX translates to mono would be to test it in one of the Stomp positions A - D as these are always mono.

Another option is to set the Stereo control to 0 in the delay settings. This will make the delay mono.

I don't think that is correct. Setting the output main to Left should sum it all to the left side. If I set it to stereo and only use the left side then ill only get half the signal.

• I don't think that is correct. Setting the output main to Left should sum it all to the left side. If I set it to stereo and only use the left side then ill only get half the signal.

You are correct that using Master Stereo and only connecting to the left out will only give you half the signal but that isn’t what I was suggesting. The Kemper doesn’t sum to mono in your example. All you get is the Left half of the stereo signal. You need to set it to Master Mono to have it sum.

• You are correct that using Master Stereo and only connecting to the left out will only give you half the signal but that isn’t what I was suggesting. The Kemper doesn’t sum to mono in your example. All you get is the Left half of the stereo signal. You need to set it to Master Mono to have it sum.

When I do that, I get a weird double delay hit with just a single delay setting. Doesn't sound right. two quick delay hits when I have a 400 ms single delay setting. it gets a single on beat delay when I use left only.

• Do you have some kind of pre-delay in a reverb etc that might be accentuated by the mono summing? That might sound like a delay repeat albeit most probably really short.
    Pre-Amp

• Do you have a dual delay still installed? It maybe be a single delay setting, but look for 75% somewhere to get that typical stereo effect. When summed to mono, it would give you the two delay lines.

Karl

Kemper Rack OS 9.0.5 - Mac OS X 12.6.7