Is this the end of Marshall?

• Sorry for the OT, but HP are still making the best business PCs as far as I'm concerned. As an IT manager I've seen a lot of machines and the HP ones just don't fail and they're quiet.

• There have been zero announcements for new Marshall hardware.

Let's wait and see what will come out of the new partnership and then discuss about it. Maybe they will make some innovative stuff, maybe not. My crystal ball says nothing right now.

P.S.: Maybe even Marshall will get into the "real" digital age now ;)

• Not sure I'm even looking for new Marshall products. If I ever buy another it would be an older jcm800 or a jvm 410.

Kemper PowerRack |Kemper Stage| Rivera 4x12 V30 cab | Yamaha DXR10 pair | UA Apollo Twin Duo | Adam A7X | Cubase DAW
    Fender Telecaster 62 re-issue chambered mahogany | Kramer! (1988 or so...) | Gibson Les Paul R7 | Fender Stratocaster HBS-1 Classic Relic Custom Shop | LTD EC-1000 Evertune | 1988 Desert Yellow JEM

• Sorry for the OT, but HP are still making the best business PCs as far as I'm concerned. As an IT manager I've seen a lot of machines and the HP ones just don't fail and they're quiet.

I came from an electronics engineer side. HP gear used to be the standard. Nothing was even close. You could detonate a bomb next to it and it would still outperform the nearest competitor.

Now it is not even HP anymore. They keep changing the name. Product quality is becoming worse and worse. They no longer lead in many fields of engineering, etc. The last name they chose mirrors their closest competitor. Like a new Kemper becoming Lane9 Holix.

HP consumer computers have never taken off. Printers was another thing they led the world in ages ago. Now I dont even look at HP printers. Predatory ink pricing etc.

At our business we bought all new HPs (ages ago). None had standard fans or power supplies. You know as an IT guy, those are the things that die first. They should be standard, cheap, and easy to replace. The HDs all failed early as well but they were standard and were not HP brand. Did they cut corners to get cheaper prices?

I agree, HP still does some amazing things. But they are a shadow of their former self. IMHO nowhere near the focus they had under Hewlett and Packard originally.

• I agree with you. I work in a power plant that was built in the mid 70s as an instrument tech. A lot of our test equipment such as oscilloscopes, power supplies, signal generators, etc original to the plant is Hewlett and Packard. Even though now almost 50 years old, all of it still works perfectly. Each one gets a certified calibration each year and always passes. Unfortunately with most of the controls, repairs are now just card swapping and the old test equipment doesn't get used like it used to. But it still works perfectly when needed.

• As the future of Marshall is uncertain (:)) I just bought a Mini Jubilee.

This is the fourth Marshall in the house, apart from a JVM 410JS, a Studio Classic 20 andd a DSL 402.

The Mini Jubilee is great! I have one in the practice room and it sounds good, it's small but loud enough for my band (and we are not a quiet one...). I'm happy with it as a backup for my profiler (backup as: I am too lazy to carry the profiler to the practice room) :)

Enjoy it!

• Given Marshall is a strong brand , it would make little sense for a company to knowingly destroy it, makes no sense business wise.

So the question is - will the new masters make the right decisions? Answer...no one knows. I'm hopeful though.

BTW - no A.I. will replace Nuno...

• Terry Marshall and his sister are the majority owners of the new enterprise. The Marshalls retain control. He also hinted at new amps in development for release later this year. This merger, as he called it, gave them a big infusion of capital. He also indicated they had been partnered with Zounds for quite some time and the relationship was strong and productive.

You gotta have the right guns when you enter the town of tone. And please, shoot ALL fanboys you come across!

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.