Tip #26: Play it loud

• Can confirm this. It is extremly important, if you are going to use your sounds on stage. Because most things sound different when you turn up the volume, often unpleasantly different.

To help you edit your sounds at home and in lower volumes it is good to make some test-presets (clean/crunch/lead e.g.). Turn them to your liking at home and save them. Now you go to some friend with a pa or have time between the soundcheck and the gig, or go to a store, something like that. Play those presets LOUD. Probably you won't like them anymore. Change them again to your liking and save them under a different name (clean-loud and so on).
    Back at home you can compare these presets and the ones you made at home and "calculate" the difference, when making a new live preset. "When I add this much bass it will sound perferct, when I turn it up loud." (e.g.)

• on my old gt10 I had an eq-patch that I used at home. it boosted the lows and highs with a few db. then I set up my sounds with the eq-patch activated and when I played it live (loud) I turned off the eq and was pretty much in the ballpark.