Effects Loop Headaches

• Hello Everyone.

Bought a Kemper Profiler. I really like it but there are a few aspects I’m currently hating.

I’m rather old school, and the less I have scroll and tap buttons and reprogram crap, the more I enjoy things.

So, if I want to use my tape delay, reverb, etc pedals with the Kemper, it looks like I’ll get the best results from using the effects loop. However, unless I’m wrong, it looks like I have to go in and program / activate the effects loop for EVERY amp profile… so if I have 100+ profiles, I have to do it 100+ times. Is there a way to just have the effects loop on all the time so I can sample and explore every amp with my pedalboard?

Thanks

• As Refues say’s, you are able to lock any of the effect slots to stay across all your rigs, not sure on the stage but on my head the buttons is on the the right of the LCD screen.

Happy Kempering and welcome to the community.

New talent management advice to Laura Cox -

“Laura want to break the internet? let’s shoot another video of you covering the Nightrain solo in the blue singlet, but this time we’ll crank up the air conditioning”.

• As the others have said, you can lock the loop to avoid the need to manually add it to every rig.

However, you might be surprised how little menu diving and tweaking is actually required to edit the built in effects. I am really old school too so can relate to your desire to use an external device with physical knobs. The Kemper was designed with this in mind so it is a actually a very tactile experience just like real amps and pedals.

Delay and reverb have dedicated physical knobs on the device for Time and Mix (the two most likely things you would want to change quickly). For everything else a simple press on the effect button will put it in edit mode and display the values of parameters. The most useful (frequently used) parameters are always on the first page and can be adjusted directly by the turning the knobs below them so it is a very Amp/Pedal like interface. Some people are always complaining that the Kemper needs to update its UI to “compete “ with all the new touchscreen toys on the market now but I actually think they got it right sticking with something more traditional. It may seem intimidating at first but within half an hour of playing with it you should be just as comfortable editing on the device as tweaking pedals with the benefit of avoiding extra cables and power supplies which are all things that need setting and up and can go wrong.

You can start most effects from a preset that gets you in the ballpark (think of the preset as a pedal - for example Tape Delay preset). Once you have the preferred effects in each slot you can lock them all and you have a full virtual pedal board.

• You should try delay and reverb inside the device ; They're really very excellent. The best i've ever had (always had multi-FX 8)?()...

I think modulations could be improved but delay/reverb <3:love:

• Delay and reverb have dedicated physical knobs on the device for Time and Mix (the two most likely things you would want to change quickly).

To be precise, those encoders will work on whatever effect is in the Delay And Reverb slots of the Effects section; and their behaviour will depend on the effect itself.

IOW, the encoders are "hardwired" to those two slots and won't "follow" delays and reverbs should they be placed elsewhere.

Thought it might be useful to know for beginners :)

Still chasing a worthy one :/

• I use my pedals including delay in front of the KPA, simpler setup and it sounds more old school that way. Also, I'm a fanatic about latency, using the loop would have to add some time. I think the KPA already has a system latency of under 3 ms.

But I may try the loop again...

Best...H