Guilty of Kemper Profiler Negligence......

• Not the way I treat it.. Its a great piece of gear kept in top shape....... BUT not digging into the manual and learning all the things it can do.. At some point to reach its full potential Ill do this..Was a pedal packer for 47 years... Much homework needed... on me KJ

• I owned one several years ago. Played with many profiles, but never edited any of them. Just got a new one and was prepared to dig in. But the manual’s aren’t very clear on what to press/turn to do things. And what had to be done on the profiler versus in Rig Mgr? I need a Kemper for Dummies manual/book. I didn’t see a single book on Amazon.

• But the manual’s aren’t very clear on what to press/turn to do things.

i think it is very well written and clear.

but you have so many possibilities, that it can be overwhelming.

my suggestion is: just read the first chapter, Rigs and Signal Chain for a basic understanding. than just read the the headlines, to get an idea of all the things the kemper is capable , but don´t read every single paramenter definition.

once you will need something, you will remember that you´ve seen it in the manual and you can dig in deeper.

searching the pdf is your friend.

• I owned one several years ago. Played with many profiles, but never edited any of them. Just got a new one and was prepared to dig in. But the manual’s aren’t very clear on what to press/turn to do things. And what had to be done on the profiler versus in Rig Mgr? I need a Kemper for Dummies manual/book. I didn’t see a single book on Amazon.

Go to the Kemper YouTube channel , they have quite a few videos that take you through many parameters and what they do.

https://www.youtube.com/@KemperTutorials

• I Played with a T.C Electronics G-Force for 12 years, so dailing into Kemper was very easy! If you see the G-Force manual you will get scared!! Have not found any delay and reverb who is as good as G-Forse tough!!

• I Played with a T.C Electronics G-Force for 12 years, so dailing into Kemper was very easy! If you see the G-Force manual you will get scared!! Have not found any delay and reverb who is as good as G-Forse tough!!

Had T.C. gears for ages (incl. G-Force and several Rack units), IMO the Reverbs and Delays in the Kemper are way better, on par with Eventide stuff...may be just a matter of preference though...

If something is too complicated, then you need to learn it better

• IMO the Reverbs and Delays in the Kemper are way better

Love the Kemper verbs. I was on the fence for Helix and Kemper because Helix supposedly had better effects. Like the Kemper verbs much better. So going Kemper was the way for me personally.

Had an old Alesis Midiverb II, loved the verbs but it eventually died. Bought a Lexicon unit, sounded very digital. Bought an Alesis Midiverb 4. Better but not as good as the II. Dont use anything with the Kemper, just it built in effects. MV4 sits in a pile collecting dust.

OP
    I hate doing anything manually. If you have the option to use Rig Manager, I would start there. Having the signal chain laid out in front of you makes it a lot easier to understand. Then you can see the input/output blocks and maybe understand what they do easier.

• I love the delays and reverbs, Crystal church is a fixture in my house. I don’t know how far along you are but if you’re just starting, it’s a good idea to get used to the multitude of output settings, especially the very hot level of the main outs. There is a button to take these down by 12db which in my experience is a bare minimum if you’re going into a desk. I also change these from stereo to mono a lot for different gigs. I’ve been here since before RM so can do what I need manually, it’s much like any other programmable thing when you get used to it but RM is more straightforward now. There are tons of great YouTube tutorials and the Kemper videos are also great. You can get deep but a lot of the time I just flick through rigs until I find one I like and go with that. I hope you enjoy the process.

A brace of Suhrs, a Charvel, a toaster, an Apollo twin, a Mac, and a DXR10

Just to clarify, are you referring to the Main manual (that only exists in .pdf format on Kemper's site) or the printed Basic manual that comes with the unit?
    For some reason, many users don't seem aware that Basic... basically shows the UI and I/O only, while the KAOS' functions are described in the Main.

Also, note that when you install RM, a copy of the specific manual is loaded onto one folder of your computer (on W10 it would be c:\Users\[Username]\Documents\Kemper Amps\Documentation\Rig Manager).

HTH

Still chasing a worthy one :/

Edited once, last by pippopluto ().

• Hmm...I come from a different starting point. I know what I want from a unit and then look for what I need rather than go through the whole thing looking for solutions.

I will quickly add though that my method does mean I can miss stuff like Morph which I didn't realize I needed until I was told about it :)

So I would just add caution because the design of the KPA is such that it works pretty well straight out of the box and so its unlikely you are missing much...