Arghh, I've read everything, GCP still not working at all... help!

• I must just be not getting something, but my Ground Control Pro controller is just not working with my kemper...

I have the footswitch programmed correctly as far as I can tell, 4 presets a bank, with switches setup for the proper CC#s for fx (in the stomp section) and profiles in the switching section, the Kemper is setup as device 1 on channel 1.

The kemper midi global channel is omni, and so is the MIDI device ID, and the PrgChg #s are set to my profiles.

What am I missing? I'm new to the kemper and would love to get it up and running...

• I used a GCP with both the Eleven Rack and the Kemper... Even though you are using it with the Kemper watch these 2 Videos. I watched them multiple times and literally stopped them step by step and everything worked. It is not the clearest piece of equipment I have used, but once I watched these I got everything working for both 11R and the Kemper
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXosQwedFKE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IJv4lua2Zs
    hope that helps

• Hey Simon, thanks for the tip, I watched those videos and it confirmed what I learned from the manuals, I have the pedalboard setup correctly according to them.

I can't get the rigs to change, and I think that keeps the instant access buttons from doing anything, so I can't really tell if they are working at all either.

I read somewhere about a MIDI reset, but couldn't find any info about the procedure. I already did a flash reset and restore, but that didn't reset the midi assignments....

• I've had intermittent midi issues. When I had initially programmed my GCP, everything seemed to work splendidly. When I went to use the KPA on a gig the next day, none of the midi functions worked at all. I had previously experienced this same problem (before installing ver. 1.1.1) while attempting to use an old Line 6 POD XT Live as my midi controller.

I did a midi reset - as detailed on Armin's website (do a search for Armin and reset) - and that *may* have solved my issues. I continue to have phantom reassignment of midi PCs as I edit my rigs. The problem seems to extend to "My Favorites" also, as I've had favorites disappear while editing the midi PC numbers. 8| ?( :?:

Here's the link to Armin's website: http://www.soundside.de/support/KPARecovery.htm

• I use the Behringer FCB-1010 Footcontroller, so I can't help you specifically with the GCP, but I can recommend downloading Midi-Ox, if you have a way of connecting midi to your computer. I used it quite a bit while setting up midi on my FCB-1010.

With Midi-Ox, you can see midi messages scroll down your computer screen in real time, when you hit a switch on the GCP. Using this, you can at least see if the correct or if any messages are being sent by the GCP to your KPA.

I just connected a midi cable from the Midi thru of the KPA to the midi in of my laptop. Then fired up Midi-Ox to monitor midi activity. Bear in mind, that when you connect using the a midi thru port on the KPA, you will only see the relayed midi from the Midi In port, not the midi information being sent by the KPA. If you want to see what the KPA is sending, you'll need to connect to the KPA midi out port. Midi Thru ports only relay what's coming into the Midi In of a device, normally.

Midi Ox - http://www.midiox.com/

• Dlaut, tried your suggestion for the midi reset. No dice. I don't have a way to hook my controller up to the computer, though I may go get a cheap midi->usb adaptor and check it out (I'm supposed to be able to change presets with the footswitch in browser mode, right? I have to be missing something simple and stupid, or else my cable doesn't work or some random thing)...

• Dave69, THANX for the link to MIDI-OX, I havent noticed that program!
    This is just what I needed: to see real time if my FCB:s are working properly or not.
    BUT: All the three are sending correct cc:s with the same programming and ONLY ONE works with Kemper...I really cant understand what is all about... :wacko: ;( X(