Adjusting rig level and clipping questions

• I’m attempting to level the volume of all my rigs and performances. I’m not sure the exact volume parameter to use.
    is there any clipping that will occur that I need to be careful of?

Right now I’ve been increasing the rig level to +3 and then I have a solo boost when in Morphing which is set to +6.3. i kind of want to keep those parameters the same between every rig if possible.

Should I just use the amp volume control from here to raise or lower an amp when attempting to level the volume of a rig?

• Use the search: normalize. You'll see many threads with opinions that basically say that pretty much every option is the best. Choose one that makes sense to you.

not sure what you mean by "normalize"

I'm really just looking for an answer on whether or not one way will induce clipping or not. Or is clipping even an issue with the Kemper? I know it was with the fractal and want to make sure I don't run into any problems.

• lbieber is saying that this subject has been discussed to death on the forum. If you type the word “normalize” into the forum search engine you will find many threads which discuss it in detail. However, there is no consensus among users as to what is the “right” way to do it. There are many ways to skin a cat so as long as you get the desired end result it doesn’t seem to matter how you get there. The Kemper is pretty forgiving of clipping so don’t lose too much sleep over it but obviously avoiding red lights is your best bet.

My approach to levelling volumes between rigs would be to use the Kemper Crunch rig that is automatically loaded in slot 1 of each new performance as a baseline reference. I believe it was the first rig ever created by CK and is intended as a reference rig but I can’t remember where I got that from so so could be imagining it 🤣 Adjust other rigs up or down to balance well with the Crunch rig and you won’t go far wrong.

Amp and Rig volume are almost exactly the same thing and therefore interchangeable to all intents and purposes. The only only time they differ is if there is a volume sensitive effect in a post stack slot (x - rev). An example would be compressor or overdrive. In this case increasing Amp volume would drive the compressor or OD harder and change the sound. However, if the post stack effects are just Modulation, Delay, Reverb etc which aren’t affected by input level then Amp and Rig volume perform exactly the same.

• My approach to levelling volumes between rigs would be to use the Kemper Crunch rig that is automatically loaded in slot 1 of each new performance as a baseline reference. I believe it was the first rig ever created by CK and is intended as a reference rig but I can’t remember where I got that from so so could be imagining it 🤣 Adjust other rigs up or down to balance well with the Crunch rig and you won’t go far wrong.

what he said. The advantage of adjusting rig volume is that it takes into account any EQ you use and resulting volume changes. That said EQs before the amp tend to push the amp harder and not affect volume (though they certainly can affect how they cut in a mix ) If I’m using an eq afterwards, it’s either to shape tone, in which case I normalize it with its volume control, unless I also want it to produce a small volume boost.

If there’s a amp and cab you use a lot in performance mode, but in different performances and with different combos of effects, not a bad idea to normalize its volume in the amp section like where’s the dug suggests, but the amp and cab save as presets. Then when you create a new performance you can drag those into a new performance and know they already are normalized