Just got the Kemper...MIDI FOOTSWITCH HELP NEEDED ASAP!

• Hi guys. I got my Kemper just this morning. Been working on it all day. I have a gig tomorrow night and really want to use it for then (cutting it fine i know)

My question is how do you store profiles into certain 'numbers' on my MIDI pedal (Behringer FCB1010 - stock, no mod)..?

For example I want to be able to press Bank 00 Pedal 1 on the pedalboard, and call up a 5150 profile, then hit pedal 2 and call up a Fender profile, pedal 3 a Blackstar etc etc. I can't seem to be able to find how to do this. Sorry about being a total noob. I'm coming from the Axefx Ultra and it was so easy to do on there. You simply hit the 'store' button and navigate to the number you want the patch saving under and hit store again. Doesn't seem to be that option in the Kemper...? Just Replace, Store As and Rename when you hit the store button.

So again, my question is how do I get that 5150 patch that could be profile number 250 in the long list of presets, into profile number 2?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

• Hi!

Select the Rig that you like to assign.
    Click on SYSTEM and go to page 5 of 8.
    Here you can simply assing a MIDI channel.

Enjoy your gig tomorrow an have fun!
    Tom

• Tom, you where quicker (I was just uploading this..) ;)

When you have chosen the rig you want > press button called "system". There you can measure (page 5) to which progam change number correspond to that rig: choose prg change number by turning the knob (lower left side) and push "assign" button in a upper right corner of the screen.

With "exit" button you can go back to choose another rig.

Then go to system and once again link it to prg -change number you want.

Hope this helps!

• Heres another question with something i'm struggling with at this point....

Once you've stored a profile to a particular MIDI number, how do you make another replica profile for something like a volume boost? So its exactly the same profile, you just have 2 of the same but one with a volume boost and maybe a heavier delay sound..

I've tried to store them in different MIDI numbers but when you change one and save it, it saves the other 'replica' profile with the same information too. Any ideas?

• Hi there,
    what I do is simple and maybe a way for you too. When I assign a midi number to a preset I also add the number to the name of the preset. 'JCM800' assigned to midi pc #13 I do rename to '13 JCM 800' and so on. That way all midi assigned presets are in a sequence when I sort by name. Even when the midiboard would brake, I could still recall the presets at once without searching. And it helps keeping the overview, I see what presets are mine and whats not auditioned or not selected to use.