Demagogues - another funky one with Mat's combo

• Here is another funky one using Mat's combo ... again !

filterbass & LA cleans

P90 revstar on bass & gits

XTC leads

External Content soundcloud.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Nice funk. The mix is pretty low on my end compared to others except for keys and clean rhythm. The drum beat gets out of place in certain parts. I would love to hear the distortion and solo more up front - those two have awesome tone.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• The mix is pretty low on my end

yeah the bass is played on my p90 git , and the drumkit is a vintage drumbox with very low end , I went for & quick dirty mix TBH

except for keys and clean rhythm

no keys on this one, all part are my git , maybe you refer to the tremoloed leads ?

The drum beat gets out of place in certain parts

sure ? where ? it's my click track ? the only one getting out is most probably me ;)

would love to hear the distortion and solo more up front - those two have awesome tone.

thx , the bogner xtc blue channel is my go to lead on most of my tracks . I went to the max on the vol of the lead tracks , almost red , I recorded too low and no time to redo them.

• no keys on this one, all part are my git , maybe you refer to the tremoloed leads ?

sure ? where ? it's my click track ? the only one getting out is most probably me ;)

thx , the bogner xtc blue channel is my go to lead on most of my tracks . I went to the max on the vol of the lead tracks , almost red , I recorded too low and no time to redo them.

Check the kick at 39-50 secs. That's where it sounds off time for me.

The "keys" part I mentioned starts at 10 secs. I cranked up my volume to review it again and hear it's guitar. It fooled me at low volume playback. :thumbup: How did you get that specific tone?

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Check the kick at 39-50 secs. That's where it sounds off time for me.

it's not really off , it's a pretty syncopated drumbox pattern I used for variation

How did you get that specific tone?

that's my fantastic drybell vibe on chorus setting with super high rate to mimic a trem, killer & luxourius pedal and some double tracker with huge detune on the KPA : that makes a huge modulation stack ,

MR Kemper we need a new mod engine like we had with delays, verbs and fuzz